The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

545i Only 500 Miles More Remarks Im hating

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Dec 4 2004, 08:53 PM
BMW roadside assistance didn't know how to jump the car, and broke the back tailgate trying to get to the battery.
[snapback]64831[/snapback]

Thats cause BMW Roadside assistance is contracted out to local tow company... I think for here its AAA
Old 12-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:53 PM
[quote name='evperry' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:41 PM']Sometimes u just need to vent, I sure as hell did on the m3board when my car hit the shop for the 17th time.

Howevere I would say that my 545 SMG Sport is a pleaseure to drive.? I dont see any other car even coming close to it.? I test drove the acura tl, e500, audi a8 and a4, cts-v and just didnt get anything out of it.? BMW is just doing it right for me with the technology the are pushing.

By the way the orignator of this thread has a point at how horrible the roadside asst and service can be with this car.? Benz certainly knows how to handle their customers.
[snapback]64824[/snapback]
I am glad that they include roadside assistance as standard, but my one experience with roadside assistance is sub-optimal also. My wife drained the battery on her X5 and couldn't start it. BMW roadside assistance didn't know how to jump the car, and broke the back tailgate trying to get to the battery.
[/quote]

When the one-year freebie ended they called me to pay for year two. To me it doesn't seem worth it, so I passed. I suppose on the one hand it's nice to have as another insurance policy against break downs...alas.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:00 PM
[quote name='firewired' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:53 PM'][quote name='evperry' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:41 PM']Sometimes u just need to vent, I sure as hell did on the m3board when my car hit the shop for the 17th time.

Howevere I would say that my 545 SMG Sport is a pleaseure to drive.? I dont see any other car even coming close to it.? I test drove the acura tl, e500, audi a8 and a4, cts-v and just didnt get anything out of it.? BMW is just doing it right for me with the technology the are pushing.

By the way the orignator of this thread has a point at how horrible the roadside asst and service can be with this car.? Benz certainly knows how to handle their customers.
[snapback]64824[/snapback]
I am glad that they include roadside assistance as standard, but my one experience with roadside assistance is sub-optimal also. My wife drained the battery on her X5 and couldn't start it. BMW roadside assistance didn't know how to jump the car, and broke the back tailgate trying to get to the battery.
[/quote]

When the one-year freebie ended they called me to pay for year two. To me it doesn't seem worth it, so I passed. I suppose on the one hand it's nice to have as another insurance policy against break downs...alas.
[snapback]64834[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats only BMW Assist (SOS)... not road side assistance... Roadside should be like 4or 5 years...
Old 12-04-2004, 08:15 PM

[post deleted]

Old 12-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

Yes, you also e-mail people and initiate an offer to help, and waste their time having them tell you all the details, and then never come through with the help you promised (that they were counting on). That made you lose a lot of credibility in my book. Sorry you are having problems, but you're not going to get any sympathy from me, as you went into this with your eyes completely open.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

good bye....
Old 12-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:23 PM
Yes, you also e-mail people and initiate an offer to help, and waste their time having them tell you all the details, and then never come through with the help you promised (that they were counting on).? That made you lose a lot of credibility in my book.? Sorry you are having problems, but you're not going to get any sympathy from me, as you went into this with your eyes completely open.
[snapback]64848[/snapback]
I think that says it all. If he lost credibility with SueBMW that's a real testament to the credibilty of his posts.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Talk about bitter. Get over it, you don't like the car. Most of us think it is a great car which fills our needs, but it is only a car.

This thread is such a waste of time.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:46 AM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:16 AM']
I couldn't wait and went out in the cold to check.
And surprise, surprise... It works!!!?

There is no field for ZIP code, but when you are on the City field, you can just enter the ZIP code!

Attachment 3786
[snapback]64494[/snapback]
Well there you go then! It most likely works for everyone, they just don't know it yet!
[snapback]64517[/snapback]
[/quote]

I bet there is quite a lot of us. Tks everybody concerned.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

If said person *IS* experienced with driving cars, and is familiar with RWD and performance. Then why the hell did he buy a car and then complain it's crap.

Either it's faulty, and you should go straight back to the dealer to get it fixed. Or it's his own fault for not being sure of what he bought.

By not going straight back to the dealer, AND complaining "it's a design issue", he just looks the fool.

Mr Jag-lover, if your car is faulty I sympathise with you, but you don't make it easy on yourself do you.

Go back to the dealer. GET IT FIXED. Driver another E60 to compare. And if you still don't like it, get something else.

Quick Reply: 545i Only 500 Miles More Remarks Im hating