5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Buyer & Seller Feedback (https://5series.net/forums/buyer-seller-feedback-34/)
-   -   Warning BMW OF NEWPORT Warning (https://5series.net/forums/buyer-seller-feedback-34/warning-bmw-newport-warning-87940/)

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 01:12 PM

Attention

DON'T BUY FROM GARRY ROMANI
OR BMW OF NEWPORT!

I ordered a common BMW peice ( drivers side exterior mirror )
for still really expensive, and when I tried to return it they made up
excuses. They even had me ship it in and waste my time and money.

Whatever you do don't buy from them because it's exepensive and if you
want ro return the peice they won't let you!

I recomend looking on this site for the item your trying to buy, you may find
it way cheaper.

houbmw 10-21-2009 01:16 PM

I bought a trunk finisher from him a while back and everything went smoothly. Sorry about your problem, but most members here have had a great experience with him. Again, sorry about your situation. Thanks for the heads-up!

Veight 10-21-2009 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037615' date='Oct 21 2009, 04:12 PM
Attention

OR BMW OF NEWPORT!

it way cheaper.

that's strange

I have made 10 separate purchases from Garry and never once had a problem. Garry is a super guy to deal with so I have no idea what happened in your case. You wouldnt happen to work at this other supplier u recommend would you?

Very fishy

zen68 10-21-2009 01:21 PM

Let me get this straight. You bought something from Gary then wanted to return it. They asked you to pay for shipping because it was your decision to return the part. So you get upset because of this?

What am I missing?

mrfva 10-21-2009 01:23 PM

What exactly was your problem?

1. You purchased a mirror
2. You wanted to return it
3. You shipped it back to them

I'm sorry, but I don't see what the issue is here.
Maybe you can explain it in more detail.

I've purchased from Garry before with no problems :thumbsup:

BLooD 10-21-2009 01:42 PM

he wont reply, looks to me like he`s trying to cause ill feeling towards some one who is good at his job and has good customer rep from ppl here.

I think a ban is called for :|

Gene 10-21-2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='1037624' date='Oct 21 2009, 02:23 PM
What exactly was your problem?

1. You purchased a mirror
2. You wanted to return it
3. You shipped it back to them

I'm sorry, but I don't see what the issue is here.
Maybe you can explain it in more detail.

I've purchased from Garry before with no problems :thumbsup:

+1, first bad experience I've read regarding Garry.

JonoBaller: could explain a little more clearly what happen? Did you order the wrong mirror? Why did you want to return the mirror you purchased? And you said it was still expensive, did you price check it against realoem.com or a local BMW dealership (you are in So Cal/SFV correct?). Garry offers 25% and no sales tax, that should equal to a pretty good price difference from other places. To expect for Garry or anyone to pay for shipping on return is asking a lot, it's very rare for that to happen. Either way, hope this gets resolved.

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='1037633' date='Oct 21 2009, 04:42 PM
he wont reply, looks to me like he`s trying to cause ill feeling towards some one who is good at his job and has good customer rep from ppl here.

I think a ban is called for :|

People have lives and don't reply after 5 seconds

I shipped it back and they didn't accept it. I sent it back the
exact way they sent it to me and they made up bs saying it
not in the right packaging and they won't accept it. Hence me
wasting my time and money.

bimmerluuvr 10-21-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037615' date='Oct 21 2009, 05:12 PM
Attention

OR BMW OF NEWPORT!

it way cheaper.

Sorry to hear about your experience, however, I purchased a set of M166's, along with some other parts, and had NO problem what so ever, although I have never tried to return anything. I do suspect however, that the problem you had probably would have happened at most dealership parts departments.

pjinca 10-21-2009 02:00 PM

Well, members here tend to defend vendors that have an established reputation for excellence. So this thread would probably be best served with a full explanation (mainly the questions Gene asked). Makes sense since one bad dealing does not = a trend :thumbsup:

Gene 10-21-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037646' date='Oct 21 2009, 02:57 PM
People have lives and don't reply after 5 seconds

I shipped it back and they didn't accept it. I sent it back the
exact way they sent it to me and they made up bs saying it
not in the right packaging and they won't accept it. Hence me
wasting my time and money.

that's unfortunate, did you contact them before shipping the item back? Did you provide a copy of the original invoice?

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1037650' date='Oct 21 2009, 05:01 PM
that's unfortunate, did you contact them before shipping the item back? Did you provide a copy of the original invoice?

Ofcoarse, I even talked to manager of parts, they said cuz it doesn't have a BMW sticker on it they can't accept it. And they shipped it to me without one. It's just an excuse to not give me my money back.

The point of this thread was just to warn people that they might not give you a refund

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1037649' date='Oct 21 2009, 05:00 PM
Well, members here tend to defend vendors that have an established reputation for excellence. So this thread would probably be best served with a full explanation (mainly the questions Gene asked). Makes sense since one bad dealing does not = a trend :thumbsup:

Ur right my bad for not giving full info, I was pissed when I wrote it and wasn't fully thinking about the story

pjinca 10-21-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037658' date='Oct 21 2009, 03:12 PM
Ur right my bad for not giving full info, I was pissed when I wrote it and wasn't fully thinking about the story

Hey it happens, no worries. Just update with as much info as you can - Garry is a member here and maybe he can help clear this up for you.

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1037642' date='Oct 21 2009, 04:52 PM
+1, first bad experience I've read regarding Garry.

JonoBaller: could explain a little more clearly what happen? Did you order the wrong mirror? Why did you want to return the mirror you purchased? And you said it was still expensive, did you price check it against realoem.com or a local BMW dealership (you are in So Cal/SFV correct?). Garry offers 25% and no sales tax, that should equal to a pretty good price difference from other places. To expect for Garry or anyone to pay for shipping on return is asking a lot, it's very rare for that to happen. Either way, hope this gets resolved.

I ordered the whole peice exept for the actual glass itself, but the glass sits on a frame and I thought that was included. So they said ship it back in the excact thing we sent u. It includes a plastic bag with a BMW sticker on it in a box. So when I tried to explain him it only came with a plastic bag non see through in a box with foam with NO stickers they got deffenaive and kept saying they assure me it does. I know for a fact 100 percent it didn't come with one. So again I think it's an excuse to not give me a refund of a measely 174. Origionally 220, but they charge a 20% restocking fee

sportzfan76 10-21-2009 02:28 PM

Ofcoarse, I even talked to manager of parts, they said cuz it doesn't have a BMW sticker on it they can't accept it. And they shipped it to me without one. It's just an excuse to not give me my money back.
I believe Garry IS the Parts Dept Manager.

The restocking fee is normal. Why didn't you just order the glass afterwards, or a whole new item in exchange for the first one ?

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by sportzfan76' post='1037672' date='Oct 21 2009, 05:28 PM
I believe Garry IS the Parts Dept Manager.

The restocking fee is normal. Why didn't you just order the glass afterwards, or a whole new item in exchange for the first one ?

I spoke with 2 different people and lastly Garry

the actual glass costed more than the piece that I bought
I found it rediculous over 600 with out installation is too much

I just bought bought the whole thing with the actual glass for 50 bucks

ponnu 10-21-2009 03:44 PM

Any response from Garry Romani Parts Manager BMW of Newport?

E60714 10-21-2009 04:01 PM

I think our favorite banned member might be back. I could be wrong. First it was RPi and now this? Next thing, "BMW didn't give me a blumpkin when I purchased the car." :(

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by ponnu' post='1037723' date='Oct 21 2009, 06:44 PM
Any response from Garry Romani Parts Manager BMW of Newport?

Ya he sealed the deal, he's shipping it back without refund

luigi524td 10-21-2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037745' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:13 PM
Ya he sealed the deal, he's shipping it back without refund

All's well that ends well ...

I hope you're open to feedback ... because you're sure to get it from forum members about the manner in which you approached and handled your purchase return (irregardless that the purchase was made with a highly regarded forum member and BMW Store).

turboawd 10-21-2009 05:37 PM

sounds like someone thinks that garry should accept returns like walmart.
first off, if you are not sure of what you're ordering, get it locally so the parts guy can show you pictures or diagrams, plus make it easier to return something if its not right.
plus, if the part doesnt have the part number sticker on it, how are they suppose to resell it or return the part to bmw? they might not ever sell that part again if its a rare part, and will be stuck with it.

mrich1353 10-21-2009 05:39 PM

I am like everyone else who has ordered from Garry - completely satisfied and thrilled with his responsive prompt service!
No hassle, great prices - I've placed four five orders in the past two years and don't even shop my local dealer!

juris335 10-21-2009 06:13 PM

My oh my. You guys are quicker to adopt the pack mentality than a bunch of Striped Hyenas. I bought a part from Gary and was pleased. The OP bought a part and was not pleased. That 100 customers are pleased does not mean it is impossible for one customer to be unpleased.

Why accuse him of being a banned member; a spammer; a phoney, without proof? One of our Moderators clearly stated that most of such accusations are not correct.

I thought we adopted a value for letting the Moderators moderate the Board and discourage the bullies from acting as policemen... Your unwarranted criticisms of the OP will certainly have a chilling affect on a number of potential posters.

zen68 10-21-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:13 PM
My oh my. You guys are quicker to adopt the pack mentality than a bunch of Striped Hyenas. I bought a part from Gary and was pleased. The OP bought a part and was not pleased. That 100 customers are pleased does not mean it is impossible for one customer to be unpleased.

Why accuse him of being a banned member; a spammer; a phoney, without proof? One of our Moderators clearly stated that most of such accusations are not correct.

I thought we adopted a value for letting the Moderators moderate the Board and discourage the bullies from acting as policemen... Your unwarranted criticisms of the OP will certainly have a chilling affect on a number of potential posters.

I agree that some members are a bit quick to judge. However, the OP is partial to blame.

First, he started out "DON'T BUY FROM GARRY ROMANI OR BMW OF NEWPORT!"; that's a bit too much. I think "Bad experience with Gary/BMW of Newport" is more sufficient.

Second, he didn't disclose enough info in his original post. I read a couple times and still didn't get it. When more details emerged, sounds like he has a reason to be upset.

Last but not least, we've only heard one side of the story so far.

skelevirus 10-21-2009 06:53 PM

Dude calm down, the dealerships have protocall to avoid people from buying a part, swapping it out w a knockoff and trying to return it....once again... it aint wallmart, and btw all. I can +1mil dealing w Gary, he helped me search and search for a headlight conversion kit from BMW EU. Alot of work on his part :thumbsup:

thx Gary

Ian

Gene 10-21-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813' date='Oct 21 2009, 07:13 PM

agreed...that's why I asked the OP to clarify his experience a bit more. It does sound like an unfortunate mishap and the OP is getting the "short end of the stick." I do hope this is an isolated incident.....

Masterspy 10-21-2009 07:40 PM

I don't know what really transpired but we are only hearing one side of the story. I have done a number of purchases with Gari and has always been prompt, accomodating, and very fair with pricing. My opinion on the matters are base on my personal experience doing business with Gary Romani

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by zen68' post='1037822' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:32 PM
I agree that some members are a bit quick to judge. However, the OP is partial to blame.

First, he started out "DON'T BUY FROM GARRY ROMANI OR BMW OF NEWPORT!"; that's a bit too much. I think "Bad experience with Gary/BMW of Newport" is more sufficient.

Second, he didn't disclose enough info in his original post. I read a couple times and still didn't get it. When more details emerged, sounds like he has a reason to be upset.

My intent I guess was just to warn everyone rather than seeking help
I wrote it right after I got off the phone with him while I was still really
mad. Plus he ended the conversation rudely saying " were not getting
anywhere here... Bye" and hung up

tbal 10-21-2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='1037619' date='Oct 21 2009, 02:16 PM
I bought a trunk finisher from him a while back and everything went smoothly. Sorry about your problem, but most members here have had a great experience with him. Again, sorry about your situation. Thanks for the heads-up!

+1 I've dealt with them and very smooth transactions, and really good prices... Perhaps just mis-communication

v_therussian 10-21-2009 08:40 PM

1. I thought that jonoballer's writing style looked familiar before... :whistle:

2. Why still no response from Garry? http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/iono.gif

3. Sounds like the OP is a little too emotional to handle a simple parts return with a mature organization. I'm not protecting Garry - I've never dealt with him before - but rather I'm making this conclusion based on what I've read in this thread.

4. It appears to me that this could have a. been completely avoided, b. was not necessary to blast Garry so much over the forum like this before letting him chime in on this issue publically and c. looks way too much like the thread blasting RPI

5. Is the forum under attack??? WTF is going on? I, for one, do blame the mods for this crap - one thread (the RPI one, specifically) is alright, but fueling this negative sensationalism - however passively... :nono: I can't say I'm pleased with the amount of mods' involvement here - at least publically.

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813 (Post 1037822)

The RPI bashing thread also presented an almost reasonable excuse to be upset, yet no one before or after that thread has EVER posted a bad experience with them AFAIK. I'm not stereotyping or anything, but this thread just smells fishy.

PS Ban Calton! http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/.../party0030.gifhttp://www.m3post.com/forums/images/...s/drinking.gifwoo-hoo

Rizbel 10-21-2009 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by tbal' post='1037886' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:54 PM
+1 I've dealt with them and very smooth transactions, and really good prices... Perhaps just mis-communication

Same here. On one ocassion Garry caught the wrong part number I was ordering, and on another, told me to get the part locally because shipping is more than the price of the items.

danzanchy 10-21-2009 09:04 PM

IDK who Garry is but damn, the OP was flamed as a spammer, a banned member, and so on because he posted this thread in an angry state. Sure, his tone was rather heavy, but it doesn't make his experience any less valid... I'm glad at least a few people are interested to know the TRUTH! (Gene to name... 1)

To OP: Basically what I've taken from all of this... do some research on a person before you publicly criticize 'em...

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1037919' date='Oct 22 2009, 12:40 AM
1. I thought that jonoballer's writing style looked familiar before... :whistle:

2. Why still no response from Garry? http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/iono.gif

3. Sounds like the OP is a little too emotional to handle a simple parts return with a mature organization. I'm not protecting Garry - I've never dealt with him before - but rather I'm making this conclusion based on what I've read in this thread.

4. It appears to me that this could have a. been completely avoided, b. was not necessary to blast Garry so much over the forum like this before letting him chime in on this issue publically and c. looks way too much like the thread blasting RPI

5. Is the forum under attack??? WTF is going on? I, for one, do blame the mods for this crap - one thread (the RPI one, specifically) is alright, but fueling this negative sensationalism - however passively... :nono: I can't say I'm pleased with the amount of mods' involvement here - at least publically.

1. I don't know who you guys think I am? Another guy that got banned or something, I've always been Jonoballer, it's a paintball nickname from a paintball forum from back in the day tht stuk with me I guess. You can even check for yourself at pbnation.com

2. If you read the thread, there was reaponse from Garry and he basically hung up on me after a short conversation and refused to work anything out.

3. Before making any rational conclusions as you said, don't call me emotional because you obviously didn't bother to read the thread...

4. Garry wasn't put on blast. my intent was to tell everyone why i'm mad, and give evryone a heads up with them, your the one that's getting emotional defending somebody you don't even know

5. Don't know wth your talking about kiddo

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by danzanchy' post='1037943' date='Oct 22 2009, 01:04 AM
IDK who Garry is but damn, the OP was flamed as a spammer, a banned member, and so on because he posted this thread in an angry state. Sure, his tone was rather heavy, but it doesn't make his experience any less valid... I'm glad at least a few people are interested to know the TRUTH! (Gene to name... 1)

To OP: Basically what I've taken from all of this... do some research on a person before you publicly criticize 'em...

A simple thing blown out of proportion.

Welp, we learn from our mistakes, glad to see
there's a few people who aren't infantile :thumbsup:

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:13 PM

Like I told the last guy, like little kids

futurerx06 10-21-2009 10:36 PM

ok ok, everybody listen up, I am a veteran member on this forum since 2007...I believe everyone is right. Gary where you at brotha? need you to response on here to see the other side of the story.

Thanks

Jonoballer 10-21-2009 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by futurerx06' post='1037989' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:36 AM
ok ok, everybody listen up, I am a veteran member on this forum since 2007...I believe everyone is right. Gary where you at brotha? need you to response on here to see the other side of the story.

Thanks

There's no point, I was just trying to give everyone a warning, some people got it, and some didn't, others took it the wrong way but case is closed he's shipping it back, I apreciate your help though

v_therussian 10-21-2009 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037978' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:09 AM
1. I don't know who you guys think I am? Another guy that got banned or something, I've always been Jonoballer, it's a paintball nickname from a paintball forum from back in the day tht stuk with me I guess. You can even check for yourself at pbnation.com

1. Maybe I jumped the gun on implying that you are misrepresenting who you are - if so, I apologize.

v_therussian 10-21-2009 11:47 PM

Look, I wrote below responses, but am now reconsidering my tone. I'll post them anyway, but I want you to know that I'm not trying to fight you - my intentions were - and remain - to find out what is really the deal with Garry and if there's any foul play, to expose it if at all possible. That being said, if you would like to see responses to what you responded to me with, here you go:

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037978 (Post 1037978)
3. Before making any rational conclusions as you said, don't call me emotional because you obviously didn't bother to read the thread...

4. Garry wasn't put on blast. my intent was to tell everyone why i'm mad, and give evryone a heads up with them, your the one that's getting emotional defending somebody you don't even know

3 and 4. Maybe next time you don't go straight to making a statement like "Don't buy from Garry of BMW of Newport!!!", but rather try to use the forum to resolve your issue, you'll get more help and less fire. And that's what I was talking about when I said "emotional" - don't catch feelings on me, we're all trying to help YOU here, actually! WTF people that know me personally on here won't lie: if you called me on the phone and asked me to help you resolve this issue, I'd spend a week on the phone with Garry - or anyone else - just to help out. Even if I didn't know you that well! What are you coming at me for?! Because I'm trying to be objective? I'm not defending anyone - I'm just trying to find out what really happened. And hey, if Garry was a dick, I won't ever buy from him myself - I'm not biased, just want to know what happened. You've told several people in this thread to grow up and yet you handled this situation like a little kid - really, need I continue?

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037978' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:09 AM
5. Don't know wth your talking about kiddo

5. Kiddo... http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif I wish, bro!