Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Umnitza experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by KyleB
Unless I'm the only one that's experienced this (I don't think I am) I would definitely recommend taking this one off of the shelves, if for no other reason than to save Umnitza from the headache of having to deal with customers that are maybe less forgiving than others.
We've never had anyone report the lip being too soft in the center like that.
Never once. This is the first time we've heard of it.

And the "other source" - Kyle - please feel free to let me know who that is.
Most of those "other sources" can't get this lip and have sour grapes over that fact so they claim they discontinue it.

We've sold about 150 of these lips. The vast majority of people damaging them are on the outside rolling onto something lower than they expected or hitting a bumper berm.

We don't currently see any reason to discontinue this, the only possible recommendation in this lone instance is to add a single structural join in the center (will require bumper removal).

Kyle, please PM for more detail on that.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe I got a defective one? I think the one I got was drop shipped from another company, so maybe the one I got is different from what you'd normally sell? Just throwing some ideas out there since I seem to be the lone wolf. you can see from my first set of photos that it was warped and misshapen through the center section, and that was before I had even put the first mile on it. It was never 100% straight, but I wasn't too concerned about it since I was mainly using this for function rather than form. It's definitely weak through the center section which is why you see it warped the way it is.

Last edited by KyleB; 10-03-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by KyleB
Well, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe I got a defective one? I think the one I got was drop shipped from another company, so maybe the one I got is different from what you'd normally sell? Just throwing some ideas out there since I seem to be the lone wolf. you can see from my first set of photos that it was warped and misshapen through the center section, and that was before I had even put the first mile on it. It was never 100% straight, but I wasn't too concerned about it since I was mainly using this for function rather than form. It's definitely weak through the center section which is why you see it warped the way it is.
Let's try to see if we can handle it offline and resolve it with you
please email us - info@umnitza.com