Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Member/Vendor Detto

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Updated list....

Add your name and info....

1. e60_fanatic: Full M-Tech Bodykit Painted/Shipped - $1950 - Ordered 9/24/08 Via Paypal
2. Smokinmj1: M-Tech with m5 rear - $2100 - Ordered 8/27/08 Via Paypal (Money Refunded via Paypal on 10/18/08)
3. Kip Olson: Fulll m-tech kit shipped /unpainted - $1850-ordered 7/27. Came after two months but the wrong kit. NO REFUND!
4. BurqueBMW: Full M-Tech Bodykit Painted/Shipped - $1950 - Ordered 9/11/08 via paypal
5. M6Boy (from Bimmerfest site): M6 side skirts,M6 mirrors Painted/shipped-$1,800.00 Ordered 8/25 via PayPal.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i | Titanium Silver | Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation packages | Style 124 staggered rims | iPod integration | Tinted windows

Wow, are you telling me that no one can get a hold of this guy? Did anyone ever pickup anything from him in person? We need to see if someone on the forum lives close by and can take a drive to his office. Once we validate his address, you can do all kinds to him. Heck, back in school, when someone screwed with our money, we pranked the crap out of them. So much so that it destroyed their business...

Anyway, I'm not giving any ideas here...
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Silver_545i' post='702966' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:01 PM
Wow, are you telling me that no one can get a hold of this guy? Did anyone ever pickup anything from him in person? We need to see if someone on the forum lives close by and can take a drive to his office. Once we validate his address, you can do all kinds to him. Heck, back in school, when someone screwed with our money, we pranked the crap out of them. So much so that it destroyed their business...

Anyway, I'm not giving any ideas here...
his shop has been verified..check detto's original thread in the classified section..start from the end and work back...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Updated list....

1. e60_fanatic: Full M-Tech Bodykit Painted/Shipped - $1950 - Ordered 9/24/08 Via Paypal
2. Smokinmj1: M-Tech with m5 rear - $2100 - Ordered 8/27/08 Via Paypal (Money Refunded via Paypal on 10/18/08)
3. Kip Olson: Fulll m-tech kit shipped /unpainted - $1850-ordered 7/27. Came after two months but the wrong kit. NO REFUND!
4. BurqueBMW: Full M-Tech Bodykit Painted/Shipped - $1950 - Ordered 9/11/08 via paypal
5. M6Boy (from Bimmerfest site): M6 side skirts,M6 mirrors Painted/shipped-$1,800.00 Ordered 8/25 via PayPal.

5700 $ unrefunded plus a wrong kit delivered.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Contributors

Wow, Im really sorry for you guys that are a part of this whole situation, I hope this issue gets resolved asap, and I also wanna say that we all try to get the best prices possible and I admit, I would have done the same but now after the whole quad m and now detto situation.......... Eurorev, Trinity, JLeviSW & Elitemotorsports are the only vendors that I would personally deal with. My appreciation goes out to you guys not only for your quality parts & work but for the good customer service & communication you guys offer us.

p.s. im pretty sure I left out some more vendor who deserve recognition but I dont remember the names off the top of my head.

Thank You,
Edwin
Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='706405' date='Oct 29 2008, 09:03 AM
Updated list....

5700 $ unrefunded plus a wrong kit delivered.

Wrong pal, once again people on this forum are creating a frenzy by posting false information. This stuff may make a nice lawsuit for slander.

Every person above with one exception (probably our most recent order) has received either a full refund or full value for all funds they paid. Posters on this forum have created an atmosphere of fear that has caused reasonable people to take unnecessary steps which then snowball into problems for them and others. Some of you noncustomers need to get off your computers enjoy driving fantastic cars and stop your BS.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by detto' post='707717' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:30 PM
Wrong pal, once again people on this forum are creating a frenzy by posting false information. This stuff may make a nice lawsuit for slander.

Every person above with one exception (probably our most recent order) has received either a full refund or full value for all funds they paid. Posters on this forum have created an atmosphere of fear that has caused reasonable people to take unnecessary steps which then snowball into problems for them and others. Some of you noncustomers need to get off your computers enjoy driving fantastic cars and stop your BS.
Detto, the list does not create an opportunity for a slanderous lawsuit. At one time or another these buyers, placed their trust in your to deliver the correct products in new condition. You have failed to do that. In fact, what it does is add ammunition for a lawsuit against you, should that situation arise.

If, in fact, these members have received a full refund, then I will leave it to them to clear that up. What I don't understand is your statement of "full value for all funds they paid". Are you justifying a poorly repainted bumper as equatable value when you promised your buyer a new product? :thumbsdown:

You're a poor excuse for salesman. You go through all this trouble to make $5700?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

I seriously doubt that we're creating a frenzy, Detto.

Neither do I believe that if people got their refunds, they'd go through the trouble of continually asking for refunds.

And then you have the gall to post that it may 'make a nice lawsuit for slander' when they've been having trouble even getting you to answer their emails and calls.

Why don't you just leave this forum, make your calls to those individuals and settle the refund issue, and go do your thing somewhere else?

Sheesh, this is just plain stupid.

The only reason I'm bothering to even read and respond to this post is to support those who've been so unfortunate to have crossed paths with you.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Contributors

here we go got my popcorn
Attached Thumbnails Member/Vendor Detto-mike_jackson.gif  
Old 10-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Members

I will just quote him too as I agree fully as well Besides It's a lot quicker than basically re-typing what he said in my own words

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='696675' date='Oct 18 2008, 09:03 PM
It's really not the responsibity for the moderators to take on the expense and possibly legal exposure for those selling things here for free. While unfortunate, it is up to each of us to ascertain risks and decide if we wish to take on said risks. The mods volunteer their time here. Donations, while not required, assist in keeping this free resource site...free. Asking or demanding moderators to take on expenses and risks for the things we buy will inevitably lead to the demise of the 'free' aspect of this site.

Due diligence on our part will demand that we thoroughly vet those we will entrust with large sums of money by demanding business licenses, copies of ID's, verifyable names/addressess and such. It's not that difficult to ask a vendor to provide these before forking over thousands of dollars. Trust is a major factor in the greatness of this community, but unless I have an ability to meet you directly, I'll limit purchases to sums I can afford to lose if things go awry.

PS - Shifty asshole vendors SUCK. I'm sure there is more than one attorney, law enforcement personel, and legal scholar who holds memberships on this site. Those with intent to defraud take heed of this fact.

Quick Reply: Member/Vendor Detto