Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

EuroRev HELP ME OUT HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was going to say eurorev is MIA from the forums for some time now

fly by night operation it seems they turned into
Old 03-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors
Smile

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='832043' date='Mar 31 2009, 01:58 PM
Can EuroRev please help me out here? I'm tired of doing all the leg work.

The Story
I purchased Sports Innovation ECU remap on May 10, 2008. A week ago my radio was having issues so the dealer upgraded my software and wiped the ECU remap. EuroRev promised that we would "have a year's warranty with EuroRev if the dealer flashes your ECU" so I didn't worry much until I tried to get my ECU remapped.

First, I contact John@EuroRev which frankly was NO help what so ever.

Here's how the conversation went:

Me:
Hi John

My 545i was re-programmed by the dealer yesterday so I need my ecu re-flashed to the Speed Innovation prog. I purchased this less than a year ago so I believe I'm still eligible for a free re-flash? Let me know. Thanks.
Michael

John:
You have to contact Jesse himself. Please check the speed innovation website for details.

Me:
Do you have his contact info? The website, www.speedinnovation, didn't give much info.
Michael

John:
I dont. He changed his cell phone number. The only way to contact him is through the website.

Me:
Eurorev doesn't work with him anymore?
Michael

John:
He never worked for EuroRev. It was a special he was doing at the shop

Me:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show......st&p=575489

You specifically said "You have a year's warranty with EuroRev if the dealer flashes your ECU." You didn't state I needed to go through Jesse. What do you want to do?
Michael

John:
I cant do anything right now because Jesse is the one responsible. If you have a problem, please call EuroRev directly

What I've Done
So I called Vincent, EuroRev's owner, who told me to e-mail Jessie @ Sports Innovation. I e-mailed Jessie telling him my situation and Jessie asked me when I purchased the remap. I told him May 10, 2008. It has now been ~ 3 days and have heard NOTHING from him.

What Do I Want?
When I purchased the SI remap, John specifically said that I'd have a year's warranty with EUROREV. No where did it say I had to contact Jessie or Sports Innovation. Looks like I've been the one doing the leg work so far and nothing has happened. Can EuroRev please step up and take care of this?

Thanks.

Michael
Wow...just wow. This is GROSSLY familiar to me, unfortunately. Like you, I'd been remiss to put them on blast because I happen to like them. My remap was overwritten by the dealer when my tranny seal failed in December and they wound up reprogramming the car, in addition to fixing the seal. I spoke to Vincent several times and was told pretty much the same thing - Jesse wasn't in, available, etc. I wound up stopping by Eurorev in January to see if I could get it corrected. I was told that because of an issue with the latest software release, they couldn't remap the car at the time, but would call me once they have a compatible remap available. I haven't heard from anyone since and have pretty much given up hope on getting my SI remap returned. That, coupled with the non-removal of my speed limiter, has left a bad taste in my mouth. Below is a PM I sent to member my545 back in December regarding this (in retrospect, I should have posted it here). In any event, should I ever decide to remap again I'd go through Trinity Autosport. They have a definitive track record in sticking by what they sell.

EDIT - Michael, I got my remap during the same Group Buy on May 24th, 2008. I'm definately NOT feeling the love returned nowadays. There's definately a change in customer service atttitude and not for the better...

Hi, do you have some info regarding the remap you got on your 545i, if so can you please send me some info, and most of all How Do YOU like it.

Thanks
P.S I'm thinking of getting the upsolute rema, any feedback?

I got my remap (Speed Innovations) from EuroRev in Inglewood, CA (www.eurorev.com). The remap was proven to provide 17hp and 19tq on a dyno'd 545. I liked the remap - the car felt more responsive across the band.

There are a couple of problems I had. The first being top speed. The remap was supposed to remove the top speed limiter. However, diring several high-speed runs, the car stayed pegged at 152mph, limited my the ecu. I was told to bring it in for correction.

The second, more serious problem to me is the reflash itself. Within a year, the guarantee is a reflashing of the car should the dealer overwrite the software. A couple of weeks ago the dealer reprogrammed the car. I've tried getting it reflashed again, but they had initial difficulty getting ahold of the programmer. I've now been told that the latest BMW update contains code that keeps the car from running if reflashed (?) and that they are working on that. Not what I want to hear. So I currently have an unremapped 545 :-(

Hope this helps. I don't know if any of this is relevant to you, as your remap is from a different vendor. But if the 2 problems above don't apply, then its a great upgrade.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

:thumbsdown: That sucks. sorry to hear about that and hope you get that resolved soon.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

WOW. I really wish you would've posted this. I wonder how many other people have experienced this? In your situation I would DEMAND a refund. If they don't give me a reflash that's what I'm going to ask for.

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='832338' date='Mar 31 2009, 08:11 PM
Wow...just wow. This is GROSSLY familiar to me, unfortunately. Like you, I'd been remiss to put them on blast because I happen to like them. My remap was overwritten by the dealer when my tranny seal failed in December and they wound up reprogramming the car, in addition to fixing the seal. I spoke to Vincent several times and was told pretty much the same thing - Jesse wasn't in, available, etc. I wound up stopping by Eurorev in January to see if I could get it corrected. I was told that because of an issue with the latest software release, they couldn't remap the car at the time, but would call me once they have a compatible remap available. I haven't heard from anyone since and have pretty much given up hope on getting my SI remap returned. That, coupled with the non-removal of my speed limiter, has left a bad taste in my mouth. Below is a PM I sent to member my545 back in December regarding this (in retrospect, I should have posted it here). In any event, should I ever decide to remap again I'd go through Trinity Autosport. They have a definitive track record in sticking by what they sell.

EDIT - Michael, I got my remap during the same Group Buy on May 24th, 2008. I'm definately NOT feeling the love returned nowadays. There's definately a change in customer service atttitude and not for the better...

Hi, do you have some info regarding the remap you got on your 545i, if so can you please send me some info, and most of all How Do YOU like it.

Thanks
P.S I'm thinking of getting the upsolute rema, any feedback?

I got my remap (Speed Innovations) from EuroRev in Inglewood, CA (www.eurorev.com). The remap was proven to provide 17hp and 19tq on a dyno'd 545. I liked the remap - the car felt more responsive across the band.

There are a couple of problems I had. The first being top speed. The remap was supposed to remove the top speed limiter. However, diring several high-speed runs, the car stayed pegged at 152mph, limited my the ecu. I was told to bring it in for correction.

The second, more serious problem to me is the reflash itself. Within a year, the guarantee is a reflashing of the car should the dealer overwrite the software. A couple of weeks ago the dealer reprogrammed the car. I've tried getting it reflashed again, but they had initial difficulty getting ahold of the programmer. I've now been told that the latest BMW update contains code that keeps the car from running if reflashed (?) and that they are working on that. Not what I want to hear. So I currently have an unremapped 545 :-(

Hope this helps. I don't know if any of this is relevant to you, as your remap is from a different vendor. But if the 2 problems above don't apply, then its a great upgrade.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='832344' date='Mar 31 2009, 10:16 PM
All you do is eat popcorn ... why don't you tell us what you're thinking
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

dude if you have a problem, pm me. I told you this was a special from Speed Innovation. It was a special offered by Jesse. We even talked to you about it and you (Michael) agreed to talk to Jesse. If anyone has a problem with me, please PM me. I am trying to help everyone.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

What a joke. At first, I thought they only screwed out of state members, since not one out of state member has had a good experience with Eurorev. I guess I was wrong. I'm surprised to see that they screwed some local customers too. Pathetic.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='832354' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:21 PM
All you do is eat popcorn ... why don't you tell us what you're thinking
Yeah, you puss.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

If you are in NO WAY connected why did you say the warranty was through EuroRev? If you say it's through EuroRev it means IT IS THROUGH EUROREV. It does NOT mean I need to contact Sports Innovation.

Yes I did agree to talk to Jessie but he's been unresponsive. So what I need to call Vincent again and play the game from the beginning? Deal with the problem, you are the vendor selling the product!

Michael

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='832356' date='Mar 31 2009, 08:22 PM
dude if you have a problem, pm me. I told you this was a special from Speed Innovation. We are no way connected, but it was a special offered by Jesse. We even talked to you about it and you (Michael) agreed to talk to Jesse. If anyone has a problem with me, please PM me. I am trying to help everyone.

Quick Reply: EuroRev HELP ME OUT HERE!