Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Buyer Beware... member named Gyoung

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011 | 03:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

If you also have a bad display unit ...

The clear screen on the bad display unit is worth keeping a hold of. It can't be purchased seperately. If someone was to have a cracked or scratched shield, the only option is to buy the entire electronic unit.

I have removed them a couple times from the electronic display - it is pretty easy to do.
Old 08-24-2011 | 08:18 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Hey Chris,

I had an Ebay store for 3 years. When making a purchase through Paypal, you have 45 days from purchase or payment date to file a claim. I know you said you haven't heard from him since July 19th, so I'm hoping you had just received the item shortly before that. In any event...the moral of the story is dont waste any time. Get over to paypal and check your payment date and get that complaint filed. You should be able to escalate it to a claim immediately. He will have 7 days to respond to the complaint/claim. If he doesn't respond you will automatically get your refund. Its funny though whenever a seller goes silent and you file a claim, all of sudden they find their voice. If he does respond and dispute the claim, it can take up to 30 days to receive your refund. You will be required to ship the item back to the seller, and send paypal proof of delivery. If it is an international ship let me know and I will give you advice on how you can show proof, because it's tricky. If you cant prove to Paypal that it was delivered they will not refund your money. Sorry that sh*t happened to you, what a chump! Hope this helps, good luck man.

Nate
Old 08-24-2011 | 08:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Sorry to hear about what happened man. Thank you for sharing your experience and the seller's ID - seller should be banned. I hope you can get a refund thru paypal as others have suggested.

I"ve seen pictures of your E60. Great looking ride man.
Old 08-24-2011 | 10:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

sad to hear...
Old 08-25-2011 | 12:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

PM'd you about the nav screen

Good luck, Chris! Hope you can share a few pics of the car with the CIC
Old 08-25-2011 | 06:15 AM
icu
Members

as far as he has a tracking number he is all set sorry he will win for sure the paypal claim :thumbsdown:
paypal sux they always goes with seller simply because they get a fee from the transaction !!!!!
it happened 2 me
but still you can try it but dont build hopes
Old 08-25-2011 | 06:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Ive had several instances like this and have always gone through PayPal to dispute when a seller goes "mute." While comments above are true about the seller just providing a tracking number showing a product was shipped, and usually PayPal bites on that and sides with the seller, I have won in cases such as this. EVERY time I send money via PayPal I SPECIFICALLY state what is being bought, in what condition, for what price, shipped or not shipped etc. I am a contracts guy so I naturally think this way but I word it exactly what I expect to get out of deal, that way if I dont when I file the claim with PayPal it in wording what was expected and the seller HAS to accept those words in order to receive the money, ultimately creating a "mini contract"....best of luck to you in this situation and hope my advice can help others in the future...
Old 08-25-2011 | 08:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I have been neutral in regards to Paypal as I never had any issue with them. Earlier this year I was scammed on eBay by a seller that ended up scamming around 70 people or so for the same product. Paypal was super gracious and swift and promptly refunded my money within days after filing claim.
Old 08-25-2011 | 08:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Your best option is to QUICKLY file the claim, you can always close it if needed... Make sure you select the "GOODS NOT AS ADVERTISED" Paypal will put a hold on the funds and then contact the seller asking him how he plans to fix this. A tracking number at this point means nothing because you are not disputing that you did not receive it, it's just not working like he said it was... After the communication gets through hopefully he will make it right. If not,then you can just escalate it to a claim. Basically, you will be told to send the Nav back with tracking and once they verify delivery they should release the money back to you account. It's pretty straight forward, I know I've used it before and was rather plaeased with the result.
Old 08-25-2011 | 08:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

follow the advice i recieved in this thread, i opened a dispute ticket with paypal....we'll see where this nets out. keep your fingers crossed for me.

for all those reading this thread, please dont let my single experience taint your view of sellers on this forum....ive bought, sold and traded a TON of stuff on here within the last year...there are some great folks on here like: Micheal at Acuteperfomance, TheRacerBoss, Umnitza, medik13, john@motorcepts, B6S4 just to name a few that ive bought stuff from w/o any issue...

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware... member named Gyoung