Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

**BUYING EXPERIENCES FROM MEMBER QUAD_M**

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='597216' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:55 PM
Was it painted. cuz if its not painted then its understandable of the time, if it was painted and you got it in two weeks then
Painted of course.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Alpine White 530i

Well said Mike. EVERYONE let's not forget WE do HIM a service too! At the end of the day he makes a profit margin off of every one of us he sells to. Too often I get the vibe on here that we're all doing HIM a favor if we buy from him, and we do just that (despite the wait times, and keep complaints somewhat mannered when people do complain with lots of smileys and what-not). I know we all fear by complaining he'll just put us further down the list, but that mindset will never fix the problem in the long run for our community will it? He's running a business and needs to be accountable for his business, it's that simple. I can't wait to get my kit from him, but should I have to wait the ENTIRE summer (in Oregon- which is quite limited) to get it when the entire reason I purchased it was to have a beautiful car for the summer months? His original topic for my group buy was "It's now summer time, let's get those stock looking e60's looking better"
Old 06-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

This is a good thread. Too many members have been afraid to voice their displeasure with quad_m.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Contributors

I never purchased any items from Quad_M since I got a quote from him for a set of M5 mirrors that was just outrageous compared to what the Garry Romani of BMW of Newport charges after discount.

But i always wondered why so many people keep buying from him even after so many stories of Forum members that wait forever to get their merchandise.

I am someone that likes to get my stuff within a reasonable amount of time ( Since the parts would be painted ) I think that 2 to 4 weeks within the US is reasonable ( Shipping overseas takes a bit longer ) for those of you that wait for months I have a lot of respect for your patience since i would be unable to wait that long.

I just wanted to share my 2ct.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

I think people keep ordering for 2 reasons:

1. People only post positive reviews- which for some reason influences the members with negative experiences not to post their reviews

2. Hoping that the long wait time won't happen to you. This is combined with Tony's reassurance that wait times won't be that bad. Of course, once you order and he has your money....then painter is sick, painter has family emergency, shop is flooded, crazy midget monkeys have attacked the paint shop, or he's waiting on the kits to arrive (so somehow that's not his fault)
Old 06-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Senior Members

But like I said before....I like Tony. He's a polite guy. Nothing against him or anything.

If I knew from the beginning what the process would be like, I would not have ordered from him. But thta's just my own personal experience.

Again, nothing against him............
Old 06-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Alpine White 530i

Exactly on point on the "nothing against him". Business is business - and Tony from EVERY email I've gotten and every post on this board has been nothing but polite and respectful. That however doesn't change the fact that he can't prove to be reliable with timely shipping. Let's take our group buy for instance. He's had roughly $18,000.00 dollars of our hard earned money for roughly a month now and is yet to start on a single kit. That's A LOT OF MONEY. Plain and simple. With 18 grand I could make a decent amount of interest in one month with a mediocre investment. Maybe going forward Tony should consider getting some software to better manage his product list and purchasers so timelines can be created based off of average delivery/prep/paint time. Also - if he knows going into it that he's on a huge waiting list, inform the buyer and don't take payment until that list is eliminated. I wouldn't mind the wait as much if I had the $1800 in my pocket and wasn't paying until the kit arrived at his body shop and painting began.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

^ That sounds about right. Business with Tony would be more comfortable for the customer and less hassle on his part.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Members

So where do we go from here? Everyone got his story told, but we are still nowhere unless Tony provides us some sort of justificaiton. Is there anything we can do here?? Who will take the initiative to discuss with him on the behalf of E60 formum members?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

+1

Quick Reply: **BUYING EXPERIENCES FROM MEMBER QUAD_M**