Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

YABTI

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by isbell' date='Dec 4 2004, 12:50 PM
I'm satisfied. Bluetooth is the right thing and I'm not unhappy to have paid for it.? It beats the cpt 8000 option I had in my old car. My cost was ~$300 and it was all labor.? I think I'm the first in Atlanta to have this done, but I'm not sure.
[snapback]64589[/snapback]
Not to burst your bubble, but of the folks on this board, and of the E60 owners from Nalley BMW in Decatur, I think I was the first in Atlanta. I was certainly the first at Nalley BMW.

I absolutely _LOVE_ the functionality, especially where the BT/Handsfree will take over if you are in a call with the handset and you turn the car on. Very cool.

Originally Posted by jksanford
United didn't want to do it at first because of the 09 production note in the Bulliten. After he checked around, they called back and said it would be about $100.
That's so typical of BMW service departments. There is also a remark in the bulletin that specifically says that certain E60's built from 03/04 through 08/04 are also equipped to receive the retrofit. My charge was for one hour of labor, since they put CIP 13.2 on under warranty for "another matter."

-MrB
Old 12-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mrbelk' date='Dec 4 2004, 01:49 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but of the folks on this board, and of the E60 owners from Nalley BMW in Decatur, I think I was the first in Atlanta.? ? I was certainly the first at Nalley BMW.

I absolutely _LOVE_ the functionality, especially where the BT/Handsfree will take over if you are in a call with the handset and you turn the car on.? Very cool.
Oh, well. I was at Hank Aaron BMW BTW.

Originally Posted by mrbelk' date='Dec 4 2004, 01:49 PM
That's so typical of BMW service departments.? There is also a remark in the bulletin that specifically says that certain E60's built from 03/04 through 08/04 are also equipped to receive the retrofit.? My charge was for one hour of labor, since they put CIP 13.2 on under warranty for "another matter."

-MrB
[snapback]64636[/snapback]
I wish I'd had that part.

Peace.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Dec 4 2004, 01:18 PM
Hi isBell!

I'm in Atlanta, too, and United BMW is hooking my Bluetooth up on Monday morning.? Which dealer did you take it to?? Mr. Belk uses the BMW dealership in Decatur.

United didn't want to do it at first because of the 09 production note in the Bulliten.? After he checked around, they called back and said it would be about $100.

I'll post the results.? I'm hoping someone will test this with a treo 650 so I can decide which phone to change to.

James
[snapback]64629[/snapback]
Only $100??? Wow!! United BMW rules
Let us know how it turns out
Old 12-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by isbell' date='Dec 4 2004, 04:25 PM
Oh, well.? I was at Hank Aaron BMW BTW.
[snapback]64660[/snapback]
It's not a contest; well, maybe it is.

The simple fact is that DB's like this one help everyone. Hopefully the dealer service departments will get the clue and start actually keeping up with the developments in the products that they are supposed to support.

I think it's also proper to give BMW some credit for working to get us this functionality in the US when there was no "official" word that our vehicles would ever support this.

-MrB
Old 12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

Razr phone was crazy~~it was the best phone i ever saw!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:00 AM
Contributors

I thank both of you for pioneering the way! I'm on my way to the dealership now, so I'll post the results.

James
Old 12-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Man, I feel like I've been raped. Apparently my baby just missed the cutoff, and NO BLUETOOTH for james. This stinks.

Maybe I can humbly beg Mr. Belk to now sell me his CPT9000. It won't make me feel 100% better, but that, coupled with the second bottle of wine I just opened might.

I've felt depressed since leaving the dealership. My baby isn't cool anymore. Heck I may let my wife start driving it now.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:07 PM
Man, I feel like I've been raped.? Apparently my baby just missed the cutoff, and NO BLUETOOTH for james.? This stinks.

Maybe I can humbly beg Mr. Belk to now sell me his CPT9000.? It won't make me feel 100% better, but that, coupled with the second bottle of wine I just opened might.

I've felt depressed since leaving the dealership.? My baby isn't cool anymore.? Heck I may let my wife start driving it now.?
[snapback]65773[/snapback]
James,

Sorry to hear about your bad news.

My CPT9000 setup is still very much for sale. Wanna hook up this week?

-MrB
Old 12-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:07 PM
Man, I feel like I've been raped.? Apparently my baby just missed the cutoff, and NO BLUETOOTH for james.? This stinks.

Maybe I can humbly beg Mr. Belk to now sell me his CPT9000.? It won't make me feel 100% better, but that, coupled with the second bottle of wine I just opened might.

I've felt depressed since leaving the dealership.? My baby isn't cool anymore.? Heck I may let my wife start driving it now.?
[snapback]65773[/snapback]
jksanford,

you gotta remind us when was your baby made? was it in March or when? mine was produced in may, and I have the BT number that has been mentioned as the one that is required or later. Did you check for that number too?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Members

Okay, so I've had it for a few days now.

Dude.

This is da bomb. I'm a big fan. Sounds great, works great, very cool.

Does call waiting work with the phone? Could I just hit the phone button to make that work, or do I have to use the phone's keypad? I got a call waiting call and didn't want to hang up so I used the phone keypad.

The only fix I really want is to be able to say "call <name> home" to distinguish between multiple numbers (right now what I do is say "call <name>" then answer "no" to do you want to connect, but then scroll down (because it puts me in the right place).

Peace.