Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

www.bmw.co.uk lists compatible handsets

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride:
Thumbs up

Hi,

I have ordered my E61 with bluetooth preparation and have set about determining what phone and adaptor I need to buy in readiness.

The compatability issue seemed to be a nightmare, but I now have found a list of phones that are supported 100% (unfortunately my Nokia 6230 isn't on it...!).

But - now I discover that although there is a published list of compatible phones at www.bmw.co.uk/bluetooth/ not all of these handsets have snap-in adaptors available.

So, a limited number of handset options and an even more restricted choice of adaptors.

It doesn't give us UK customers much choice beyond 6310i / S55 / T630

I thought that the integrated GSM in my S80 with Multi-Sim was a fiddle - but now I'm not so sure.

Or am I missing the point somewhere...???

I would appreciate any guidance from theose who are further along the "leading edge", please.

Best regards

Andy - Shropshire, UK - Driving a Volvo until 07.07.05
Old 04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

I have a Siemens S65 which has a cradle available. It's a pretty good phone and works fine with the bluetooth (no SMS support though) . I was told by my dealer that you should be safe with any Motorola (including that new very slim one) or Siemens handest as they use the same bluetooth technology across the range...not the case with SE,Nokia etc... BMW uses Motorola hardware in it's cars for Bluetooth if that helps!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

when I got the new car I had an old SE T610 but wanted to change to a new phone to go with the new car as my T610 was starting to play up a bit now and then possibly due to being dropped a few times

i ended up sourcing a black/silver SE T630 from vodafone uk as a free upgrade. guess it was free as most people class the T630 as "old hat" now. For me its all i need in a phone and the BIG plus is it works perfectly with the BMW bluetooth system and there is a cradle for it, so for me these two factors made it a good choice, after all why buy a phone that only *might* be compatible?