Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Windows Phone 7 - or Samsung Focus?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone tried these in our car? i really really really like the focus and think it will be my next phone over my current iphone 3gs, though i'm not entirely convinced yet. i think if it didn't work in my bmw that would be a deal breaker. thanks for any help.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 AM
New Members

Now Windows Phone 7 is a best popular phone and it will be so useful. most of the people want new thing like Windows Phone 7.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Eww Windows 7?! Seriously. Are you sure? So far, every single one of my friends who tried Windows-based phones were extremely disappointed. Why not just get an iPhone 4?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Eww Windows 7?! Seriously. Are you sure? So far, every single one of my friends who tried Windows-based phones were extremely disappointed. Why not just get an iPhone 4?
i had the iphone 4 and returned it. call quality was terrible and reception the worst of any iphone i have owned thus far. in the 2 weeks i owned the iphone 4, i dropped 60% of my calls and more calls than i ever dropped with the 3g in 2 full years of use. i went from the iphone 3g to the iphone 4, then afterwards bought a 3gs on ebay. besides screen resolution and slightly quicker processing, there is virtually no difference in 3gs and 4.

your friends have windows phone 7? the old windows phones were crap, the new WP7 is supposed to be incredible. i played with it and was very impressed. now i just want to know if anyone has tried to get it to work in their bimmer?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i had the iphone 4 and returned it. call quality was terrible and reception the worst of any iphone i have owned thus far. in the 2 weeks i owned the iphone 4, i dropped 60% of my calls and more calls than i ever dropped with the 3g in 2 full years of use. i went from the iphone 3g to the iphone 4, then afterwards bought a 3gs on ebay. besides screen resolution and slightly quicker processing, there is virtually no difference in 3gs and 4.
I got rid of my iPhone 4 for the same reason. It was almost unusable for calls.

I picked up a Motorola Milestone 2 (like the droid 2 but works on AT&T 3G). I can make calls again!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

What applications are available for the Windows 7 phone? Will there be a open platform for developers to offer applications like the Iphone and and the Androids?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by healthservices
What applications are available for the Windows 7 phone? Will there be a open platform for developers to offer applications like the Iphone and and the Androids?
too many to list, but there are a lot of apps already and it is growing pretty quickly. i'm not sure about the open platform, but i'm sure the answer is yes or will be yes. check it out:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphon...s/default.aspx

btw, i did read users are having no problems in late-model BMWs on bluetooth. i'm probably going to buy one today!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Contributors

What is it that you have currently?

edit... Ok I see 3gs

My wife has that and actually likes it a lot and started with the first iphone all the way to the current offering.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Contributors

I have the ability to get a new phone. I have the Dell Streak now, Thinking of getting a smaller phone (4-4.3") for those days when the Streak is just too big.

Right now considering the captivate which is also a android.

I like the fact that most your info in stored in the 'cloud' so going back and forth from one android to the other should not be a problem.

Sorry I did not look too closely, is there a Google voice and gmail app?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Oh, do you have a unlimited plan? will you lose it if you go to a non-iphone?

Oh I meant to say a couple post up was my wife now currently has the iphone 4 and is harpy with it.

Quick Reply: Windows Phone 7 - or Samsung Focus?