Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

What? No iPhone love for 5ers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue/Beige, Navigation, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, PDC, split-folding rear seats, DIY iPod. DIY Valentine 1 hardwire, loose nut behind the wheel.
Question

BMW first in line with Apple iPhone integration - report

By AppleInsider Staff

Published: 01:00 PM EST
The race amongst auto manufacturers to integrate Apple Inc.'s upcoming iPhone device within their automobiles is apparently on, with one report signaling out BMW as the current frontrunner.

According to a blurb published by AutoSpies this week, the German auto maker will be the first to announce multi-level connectivity with the Apple device in an upcoming version of its high-end 7-Series sedan.

The otherwise unenlightening report offers readers no additional detail aside from mentioning that the rumored integration will go beyond "just Bluetooth."

Therefore it's unclear whether BMW would be ready to announce the feature alongside its updated 2008 7-Series models later this summer, or if it plans to wait until the following year.

In 2009, the auto maker is expected to introduced a refined 7-Series model with a toned-down look and front end styling similar to the current 6-Series models. The new model will also reportedly add an option for an eight-speed automatic transmission.

BMW was the first major auto maker to team with Apple on seamless integration between iPods and a car audio systems back in 2004, when it unveiled a car battery-powed iPod hookup that tucked the players safely in the glove compartment.

The solution, which was revealed exclusively by AppleInsider, introduced a way for drivers to enjoy high fidelity sound through their car's stereo system while controlling their iPod using buttons on the BMW steering wheel.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Senior Members

I don't expect iPod integration of the iPhone on the E60 but I hope at least for a cradle that will charge the phone and use the vehicle antenna. So it would offer current phone integration but lack the iPod functions along with visual voice mail and EDGE data integration.

Go Cardinals!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Look at the source that Appleinsider used, Autolies.

They are a bunch of BS'ers who copy material from other sites. I have difficulty believing anything that they post. :thumbsdown:
Old 02-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='391799' date='Feb 15 2007, 08:33 AM
I don't expect iPod integration of the iPhone on the E60 but I hope at least for a cradle that will charge the phone and use the vehicle antenna. So it would offer current phone integration but lack the iPod functions along with visual voice mail and EDGE data integration.

Go Cardinals!
It might be too wide for a cradle and we don't know if it has an exterial aerial connection.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='392359' date='Feb 16 2007, 04:56 PM
It might be too wide for a cradle and we don't know if it has an exterial aerial connection.
It's not much wider than the V3 RAZR and like the RAZR it could use an incident antenna without needing to depend on a physical connection.