Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

What have you fitted as alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camquest' date='Sep 15 2005, 04:30 PM
Did a BMW dealer install it or did you use an outside shop?
[snapback]171074[/snapback]
i have my SA do the install for me 200.00 labor on the unit,
Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Does anyone have Logic 7? Have these installations been able to use your cars speakers or has there been a dedicated speaker fitted for the phone kit?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

did you get the install completed yet?^^^^^
Old 09-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

On Monday.....
Old 09-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

Nice post pic's. I have seen the parrots, a few friends have them in their 3series. Does it light up for night time? And can you post a pic of the unit itself, All i have seen are the two button black unit for pick up and hang up? Did not want the BLNC unit, i know its alittle more expensive but its a great unit
Old 09-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' date='Sep 17 2005, 04:34 PM
did you get the install completed yet?^^^^^
[snapback]171673[/snapback]
Actually its just been completed. All works really well, voice recognition, phone book link up, he has managed to get the mute working, but as I thought getting the phone to take over the speakers was a bridge too far.....Logic 7 and Idrive win again in this aspect. So I have with the exception of the speakers a full emulation of BMW's install...oh yeh he has hiddedn the Aux speaker behind the dash, and I can hear it coming through the vent grill under the Parrot unit.

Here's some pics, what you see is it!! The rest is hidden
What have you fitted as alternatives-parrot_001.jpg
What have you fitted as alternatives-parrot_002.jpg
Old 09-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

Looks nice a bigger unit then the BLNC, but looks good. Can you post a pic of the Unit lite up at night. Does this unit anounce the call when you recieve a call for example "Call From John" then you can say answer or hit the green phone icon. Not sure why you need a screen if the unit is completely voice operated. Still think the Motorola looks alot more stealth and richer, but the parrot is a nice option depending on the person. How much was the unit and install? thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' date='Sep 20 2005, 06:12 PM
Looks nice a bigger unit then the BLNC, but looks good.? Can you post a pic of the Unit lite up at night.? Does this unit anounce the call when you recieve a call for example "Call From John" then you can say answer or hit the green phone icon.? Not sure why you need a screen if the unit is completely voice operated.? Still think the Motorola looks alot more stealth and richer, but the parrot is a nice option depending on the person.? How much was the unit and install? thanks
[snapback]172711[/snapback]
Night pic as requested, the screen is for configuration purposes and to show numbers as they call incase they arnt in your phone book. The system if it knows the name will via voice dictate the caller id. Can be set upto 5 phones.

Have set up voice tags for my most used numbers. Really happy with it works well with the Windows Mobile OS on my SPV-C500, so this unit was chosen for the compatibility. Install was ?148 inc unit all in.

What have you fitted as alternatives-p1000699.jpg
Old 09-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Members

My Ride: [b]1993 Toyota Supra MKIV (6-speed Targa top) - SP67DBB Single Turbo[/b]

Could you explain how your installer got the mute function working on the Parrot CK3100? Since the whole BMW system is CANBus I would imagine they have used some sort of interface?
Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Flavio' date='Sep 20 2005, 08:50 PM
Could you explain how your installer got the mute function working on the Parrot CK3100? Since the whole BMW system is CANBus I would imagine they have used some sort of interface?
[snapback]172767[/snapback]
Not sure but he came armed with lots of BMW harness additions which allowed piggy back (none intrusive) plug ins. Works really well, mutes perfectly, the small icon on the iDrive shows the mute logo. The guy from Fone Logistics was really good, it was installed in 1.5 hrs.

Quick Reply: What have you fitted as alternatives