Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

What do you think about the Apple iphone, and it working paired with t

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

I am just taking BMW e60 forum opinions before I purchase a new cell, and now about the Apple iphone, and what do you guys think about the new Apple iphone? I like all the bells and whistles, and I know its in a league by itself, , with its using my AOL email ease, and browser and easy to add and use icons like on a pc, but how does it compare to a Blackberry or the Motorola Razer V9??

Which one would you buy, and is the $199.99 for the Apple iphone of 8GB large enough , or should I considering purchasing the $299.00 of 16GB of more Memory on the Apple iphone for downloading tunes in the ipod to use on my e60?

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie Presley aka Presley348
Old 01-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='761359' date='Jan 7 2009, 02:05 AM
I am just taking BMW e60 forum opinions before I purchase a new cell, and now about the Apple iphone, and what do you guys think about the new Apple iphone? I like all the bells and whistles, and I know its in a league by itself, , with its using my AOL email ease, and browser and easy to add and use icons like on a pc, but how does it compare to a Blackberry or the Motorola Razer V9??

Which one would you buy, and is the $199.99 for the Apple iphone of 8GB large enough , or should I considering purchasing the $299.00 of 16GB of more Memory on the Apple iphone for downloading tunes in the ipod to use on my e60?

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie Presley aka Presley348
Go for 16 gb. it fills up quickly.

I've got a ton of apps, songs and videos. I also jailbroke the phone so now I can record video too. and play emulated games.

As for comparing it with the blackberry. Do you need to read emails constantly and focus on messaging (BB messanger)? If so, get the blackberry.

The iphone does not have push email, so it checks every so often your email, not instant like the blackberry.

I also use my iphone for my car in terms of playing music. Its connected to the ipod integrator and works great. Bluetooth is great on it too.

Your choice on what you need more for the phone.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Members

iphone does have push mail, the 3g one does.

Graham
Old 01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

I've had the 3g 16GB iPhone for a few months now... never had a BlackBerry to compare it too, but I like the iPhone a lot.. I say get the 16GB so you can load all the music, videos, and free games you want and not worry about it...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Contributors

I have both, a 16gb iPhone for personal use and a Blackberry Bold for my business. I MUCH prefer the reliability and stability of the Blackberry.

The iPhone is a toy, it is super fun, but not reliable, uses up battery absurdly fast and isn't great for text input, although I dated a girl that could write a novel on hers - so it's relative.

I have never tried paring my iPhone to my E60 because it never really leaves the house with me - I just forward my personal calls to my Bold and enjoy a full day of worry free battery life.

I have however had a few occasions where the browser on the iPhone has saved me when I was nowhere near home and needed to google stuff.

I guess what I am getting at is both phones are good for their respective purposes. For example, although my BB has a browser, it is painful to use - and 3G? MUCH faster on the iPhone, my BB does not seem any faster than the EDGE based 8820 I replaced.

EDIT: Also, the Blackberry uses AOL email flawlessly - it gets email faster than my computer does under every circumstance. Plus, the Blackberry Bold can play MP3's has a MicroSD slot for memory expansion, comes with 1gb built in and I believe is expandable to another 8 or 16gb's (I have a 4gb in mine), has great sounding stereo loud speakers, a normal size headphone outlet, and supports stereo bluetooth. I never understood why the Iphone could not (without jailbreaking) allow you to use bluetooth headphones, it's almost insulting because the technology is there.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by graham_the_baker' post='762041' date='Jan 7 2009, 05:09 PM
iphone does have push mail, the 3g one does.

Graham
Its not as instantaneous as blackberry. Where blackberry, you would get it instantly as if you were sitting at a comp.

The iphone take's a bit.

I love my iphone, for all its features and the touchscreen and the ipod.

But if there was no iphone, i would definitely get the Blackberry bold.

Oh yea, bluetooth on the iphone 3g works fine. Just not SMS. I'm not sure if blackberry has sms for e60/bluetooth.

I use the bluetooth, and the Ipod integration kit with my iphone.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

why dont u get the G1? I like it a lot more.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

I have the 3g 8gb great toy. It pairs and works 100% with my i-drive

Jailbreak is a must if you like to play.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

iPhone 3G owner also. White so that's 16GB. Go for 16 GB as others advised above. Never worked or had Blackberries so i can't relate to that subject, but i had worked with a handfull of HTCs. Here as Orange got exclusivity with the iPhone, Vodafone tried the same thing with HTC but ever since there is no real competition between the two. Also from my experience nothing comes close to the iPhone because simply that's all i need from my phone: Best UI, best and easiest surfing/working with it, very good 3G speed for the net, good paring with my BMW X6 (E60 doesn't have bluetooth), and that big screen is awesome. Couldn't really wish more from a phone, except some minor changes that i think will be addressed in future firmware updates.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I have a BB Bold and an iPod Touch. I agree that for me, the Touch is more of a toy that is fun to play around with either browsing or playing games, etc. I'm also one of those people who really don't like touch-screen keyboards -- even the one on the BB Storm -- there's simply no substitute for dedicated keys you can feel with your fingers.

The Bold is great for email and messaging but not as good at browsing. The recently available Slingplayer mobile for the BlackBerry is a fantastic addition and with the built-in, great sounding speakers on the Bold, it's quickly becoming a very frequently used application! As with just about all BlackBerrys, they work very well with the BT implementation on the E60 so for me, the BB is the way to go!

Quick Reply: What do you think about the Apple iphone, and it working paired with t