Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

V710 & Verizon

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i alpine white/beige, sport package, nav, premium sound, cold weather

I've been using it for 2 weeks now. No problem.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by msterzer' date='May 19 2005, 08:15 AM
I've been using it for 2 weeks now. No problem.
[snapback]130561[/snapback]
OK guys help.... I got my phone working fine and my phone book downloaded fine to the idrive, but when I try using voice command and say phone book or name dial it keeps telling me "phone book empty" but like I said it does show my phonebook, top 8 and all that other stuff on idrive..... HELP PLEASE It's driving me and if I can't fix it I think I might :'( . The v710 has all the updates (I actulay just got a brand new replacement 2 days ago after waiting like a month because every store in my area has been sold out of replacements)
Old 05-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='May 18 2005, 06:36 PM
[quote name='teriyaki88' date='May 18 2005, 11:56 AM']I've been using it for over two months now.? It works fine.?

I like being able to hear the phone ringing (i missed many calls while i'm driving due to stereo).? The stereo mutes when a call comes in
[snapback]130161[/snapback]
I can't get my phone to ring thru the car's speakers. Does yours? If so, which ring style are you using?
[snapback]130400[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mine does not ring through the speakers...hmmm. It mutes the speakers, rings from the phone. When i answer the speakers kick in. Am I missing something here?
Old 05-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Poplar Grain wood interior trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Premium Package, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC automatic transmission, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with dynamic auto-leveling.

Where can you get the latest firmware update???
Old 05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i, titanium gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, red rear reflectors, chromed std 545 oem wheels

The car speakers mute the radio/CD, and then the phone rings through the car speakers. When you hank up, the car speakers begin to play the radio/CD again.

I can't remember how I did this initially, but you have to add names and phone numbers to the car bluetooth system, even though they are already in the phone book in your phone. Thats why the car is telling you that the phone book is empty. This drove me nuts until the Verizon dealer showed me how to do it.

I'll have to test it out and try to remember the command used to enter this information.

There is also a command to have the car repeat back to you all the command options available, like "dial name", "dial number", "dial", "correction", etc. You might try "list commands", or "commands" to see if it will repeat back to you all the available commands.

If you don't figure it out, I will get back to you later this evening.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by Tgrey' date='May 19 2005, 06:03 PM
The car speakers mute the radio/CD, and then the phone rings through the car speakers.? When you hank up, the car speakers begin to play the radio/CD again.

I can't remember how I did this initially, but you have to add names and phone numbers to the car bluetooth system, even though they are already in the phone book in your phone.? Thats why the car is telling you that the phone book is empty.? This drove me nuts until the Verizon dealer showed me how to do it.

I'll have to test it out and try to remember the command used to enter this information.

There is also a command to have the car repeat back to you all the command options available, like "dial name", "dial number", "dial", "correction", etc.? You might try "list commands", or "commands" to see if it will repeat back to you all the available commands.

If you don't figure it out, I will get back to you later this evening.
[snapback]130821[/snapback]
I had to say "save name" and give the info it didn't have anything to do with the downloaded phone book from my phone, I had to add an other one for that... That is what you did right?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='May 19 2005, 02:04 PM
[quote name='hinckley' date='May 18 2005, 06:36 PM'][quote name='teriyaki88' date='May 18 2005, 11:56 AM']I've been using it for over two months now.? It works fine.?

I like being able to hear the phone ringing (i missed many calls while i'm driving due to stereo).? The stereo mutes when a call comes in
[snapback]130161[/snapback]
I can't get my phone to ring thru the car's speakers. Does yours? If so, which ring style are you using?
[snapback]130400[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mine does not ring through the speakers...hmmm. It mutes the speakers, rings from the phone. When i answer the speakers kick in. Am I missing something here?
[snapback]130714[/snapback]
[/quote]

Exactly my situation. Are you guys sure that the ring that you're hearing is coming thru the speakers rather than coming from the phone itself? Any idea whether there's a phone or iDrive option that enables this feature?
Old 05-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Members

With my V710 bluetooth I get 2 rings. The phone rings and the car also gives a ringing sound as the speakers are muted during an incoming call.
Easy way to test, make a call to your cell phone with your home cordless phone while sitting in the car. Turn the V710 down to vibrate so it does not ring and you should then hear your car give off a ringing sound as it mutes the radio. Then turn your V710 ringer on and call your cell phone again. You should then hear the car and the V710 ring.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i, titanium gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, red rear reflectors, chromed std 545 oem wheels

There is a good explanation of how to do this in another current thread, titled "phone book empty".

No I-drive enabling option that I know of.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by netjazz' date='May 19 2005, 09:36 PM
With my V710 bluetooth I get 2 rings. The phone rings and the car also gives a ringing sound as the speakers are muted during an incoming call.
Easy way to test, make a call to your cell phone with your home cordless phone while sitting in the car. Turn the V710 down to vibrate so it does not ring and you should then hear your car give off a ringing sound as it mutes the radio. Then turn your V710 ringer on and call your cell phone again. You should then hear the car and the V710 ring.
[snapback]130893[/snapback]
I also have the V710 and I get 2 rings too. (1) my phone, (2) my car. But you will only get one if you haven't gotten the V710 upgrade if it's an older V710. If you still only get one I would go to verizon and ask for the software upgrade it made some imporvements to the bluetooth which 1 major one was having both the bluetooth item (ex. wireless headset or speaker & the bmw) and the phone ring because when the V710 first came out the phone wouldn't ring when you used a bluetooth item only the item rang.

GOOD LUCK