Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

US Bluetooth Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FmusBMW,

Your right ... I've got the bluetooth retrofit kit and just waiting to get it installed ... dealer's computer just crapped out ... so have to wait for the software upgrade, then I should be in Bluetooth Business?

Thanks for the post. On another level, do you have an heads up on the Automatic A/C issue? You can see this thread posted yesterday or so. Would appreciate any inputs ... cause I'm already thinking of upgrading my car (getting another one) cause no use living with something your not really happy with???
Where did you get bluetooth retrofit kit at? Which kit did you get of the one's FmusBMW listed?

The upgrade Kit # 84 64 0 304 835 for cars built with option # 640 "Telephone Preparation"

The upgrade Kit # 84 64 0 304 834 for cars built without the option # 640 "Telephone Preparation"
I guess I would need the one without "Telephone Preparation" (How do you tell? Is Telephone Preparation option the cars with the eject box preinstalled? I just picked up my 530i non NAV on 5-21-04 (Only had 2 miles on it ).

FmusBMW,
I believe the car was built sometime in 04/04 cuz that's the date I see on the sticker on the drivers door area. What do you think I would need according to the post you posted??

BMW posted new information on its dealer aftersale web site related to BT and US vehicles. The new information mentions that a new TCU has been installed on vehicles built starting March 04 production, it also shows a US part for a Bluetooth antenna to be connected to this new TCU. There is no mention yet of a retrofit to provide additional wiring and parts (BT Antenna, base for snap-in adapter...) but I would guess that this will be coming shortly. In Europe BMW has created several retrofit kits to install the BT kit on cars with pre wiring (3hours of labor) or without (8-9hrs of labor). I would guess that a US kit will be offered and will take about 3-4hrs of labor since US E60s have most of the prewiring required.
Also not to take over this topic, I emailed you (to your roadfly profile email address you had listed) in regards to some info on the harmon/becker (amp??) located in the trunk. Did you ever receive the email? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tcast305' date='Jun 2 2004, 02:52 PM
FmusBMW,

Your right ... I've got the bluetooth retrofit kit and just waiting to get it installed ... dealer's computer just crapped out ... so have to wait for the software upgrade, then I should be in Bluetooth Business?

Thanks for the post. On another level, do you have an heads up on the Automatic A/C issue? You can see this thread posted yesterday or so. Would appreciate any inputs ... cause I'm already thinking of upgrading my car (getting another one) cause no use living with something your not really happy with???
Where did you get bluetooth retrofit kit at? Which kit did you get of the one's FmusBMW listed?

The upgrade Kit # 84 64 0 304 835 for cars built with option # 640 "Telephone Preparation"

The upgrade Kit # 84 64 0 304 834 for cars built without the option # 640 "Telephone Preparation"
I guess I would need the one without "Telephone Preparation" (How do you tell? Is Telephone Preparation option the cars with the eject box preinstalled? I just picked up my 530i non NAV on 5-21-04 (Only had 2 miles on it ).

FmusBMW,
I believe the car was built sometime in 04/04 cuz that's the date I see on the sticker on the drivers door area. What do you think I would need according to the post you posted??

BMW posted new information on its dealer aftersale web site related to BT and US vehicles. The new information mentions that a new TCU has been installed on vehicles built starting March 04 production, it also shows a US part for a Bluetooth antenna to be connected to this new TCU. There is no mention yet of a retrofit to provide additional wiring and parts (BT Antenna, base for snap-in adapter...) but I would guess that this will be coming shortly. In Europe BMW has created several retrofit kits to install the BT kit on cars with pre wiring (3hours of labor) or without (8-9hrs of labor). I would guess that a US kit will be offered and will take about 3-4hrs of labor since US E60s have most of the prewiring required.
Also not to take over this topic, I emailed you (to your roadfly profile email address you had listed) in regards to some info on the harmon/becker (amp??) located in the trunk. Did you ever receive the email? Thanks!
I guess I would need the one without "Telephone Preparation" (How do you tell? Is Telephone Preparation option the cars with the eject box preinstalled? I just picked up my 530i non NAV on 5-21-04 (Only had 2 miles on it? ).
If you have a US E60 and it has BMW assist (you would have a SOS button near the sunroof button), your car was built with option #639 (US Telematic Prep) pre wiring. This wiring is virtually identical to the European option #640 (Tel Prep) and if/when a BT retrofit becomes available, the labor needed should be much lower than the 10hrs required to completely wire a car that has no pre wiring. (My guess about 3-4 hours).

FmusBMW,
If you have a US E60 with BMW assist, check the BMW card that comes with your car that has a BMW/Motorola sticker. That card will list the BMW part number of your TCU. If the part number is 84 11 6 948 921 you have the most recent TCU.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Members

If you have a US E60 with BMW assist, check the BMW card that comes with your car that has a BMW/Motorola sticker. That card will list the BMW part number of your TCU. If the part number is 84 11 6 948 921 you have the most recent TCU.
Yeap I just checked my card, and I do in fact have the TCU Part # of 84.11 6948921-01 . So I guess I appear good to go. Any word one when the part # 84 64 0 304 835 for cars built with option # 640 "Telephone Preparation", will be available, or is it already available?

Thanks again!
Old 06-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

In Europe, factory builds now supports Nav Pro+BT, so it seems this software issue has now been resolved.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:52 AM
Contributors

Dear NicpP,

Are You sure that Navi Pro & Bluetooth can be ordered now ? Your source ?

Any news on retrofit to Navi Prof-users ?

Peter
Sweden <_<