Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Treo650 with Verizon

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you save the numbers in your sim card or phone? if in your phone, you have to switch them to sim card and it'll transfer the entire phone book. to voice dial an entry, you can either use "dial name" or "dial number" command. using "dial number", just press the small button on the steering wheel, say "dial number" then say the number and say "dial" after finish saying the number. using "dial name" command, you have to save the name first by using "save name" command. after saving the name, you can call that name by using "dial name" command. if you want to redial, you can simply say "redial" or just press the small "phone/dial" button on steering wheel .
Old 06-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 530 Jet Black, Black Int., Nav, Sat, Comfort Seats, Xenon.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jun 11 2005, 08:15 PM
did you save the numbers in your sim card or phone?? if in your phone, you have to switch them to sim card and it'll transfer the entire phone book.? to voice dial an entry, you can either use "dial name" or "dial number" command.? using "dial number", just press the small button on the steering wheel, say "dial number" then say the number and say "dial" after finish saying the number.? using "dial name" command, you have to save the name first by using "save name" command.? after saving the name, you can call that name by using "dial name" command.? if you want to redial, you can simply say "redial" or just press the small "phone/dial" button on steering wheel .
[snapback]138658[/snapback]

I coppied my contacts to my SIM card and I am still only getting favorites. Any other Ideas?
Thanks <_<
Old 06-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

in this case, i'm not too sure. you can either check your phone's software or ask your dealer. sorry for couldn't help much .
Old 06-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i (build date 04/05) silver grey metallic/black leather/anthracite maple/6 speed Steptronic/sport package/cold weather package/premium sound package/active cruise control/navigation system/HUD/Sirius satellite radio/comfort seats/rear electric sunshade/rear airbags/rear seat heat/fold down rear seats

Originally Posted by lfreed' date='Jun 9 2005, 07:13 AM
How do you get it to voice dial? Mine pairs and downloads the phone book, and I can voice dial by speaking the numbers, but I can't get it to voice dial an entry from the phone's contact list!

--Les

[quote name='pitpro' date='Jun 1 2005, 11:52 AM'][quote name='realtyman' date='May 29 2005, 10:39 AM']I just got my Treo650 from Verizon to replace my 650 from Cingular (whos service/connection/dropped calls SUCK Hard!). :thumbsdown:
BMW is not on Verizon's list of supported Bluetooth cars.

Does anyone have the 650 with Verizon yet??
Does anyone have ANY Verizon bluetooth phone that works with the e60?

My phone just arrived in the mail but there is no phone number and given the holiday it will probably take me a few days before I can get it functioning.
[snapback]134276[/snapback]
I have Verizon Moto V710, works perfect except for text messaging. Loads phonebook. Will dial with voice command of phonebook name WITHOUT programming voice command.
[snapback]135121[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]137907[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have the Verizon Moto V710 which works well and transfers the phonebook perfectly. However, if you read the car manual carefully, it notes that models with separate CD and DVD navigation slots will not allow voice dialing from the phone's own phonebook - only those with single CD slots allow this. You have to store your voice dial numbers in the cars own memory which allows for fifty numbers as I understand. It is odd but at least still functional.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by Russ' date='Jun 14 2005, 01:44 PM
[quote name='lfreed' date='Jun 9 2005, 07:13 AM']How do you get it to voice dial? Mine pairs and downloads the phone book, and I can voice dial by speaking the numbers, but I can't get it to voice dial an entry from the phone's contact list!

--Les

[quote name='pitpro' date='Jun 1 2005, 11:52 AM'][quote name='realtyman' date='May 29 2005, 10:39 AM']I just got my Treo650 from Verizon to replace my 650 from Cingular (whos service/connection/dropped calls SUCK Hard!). :thumbsdown:
BMW is not on Verizon's list of supported Bluetooth cars.

Does anyone have the 650 with Verizon yet??
Does anyone have ANY Verizon bluetooth phone that works with the e60?

My phone just arrived in the mail but there is no phone number and given the holiday it will probably take me a few days before I can get it functioning.
[snapback]134276[/snapback]
I have Verizon Moto V710, works perfect except for text messaging. Loads phonebook. Will dial with voice command of phonebook name WITHOUT programming voice command.
[snapback]135121[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]137907[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have the Verizon Moto V710 which works well and transfers the phonebook perfectly. However, if you read the car manual carefully, it notes that models with separate CD and DVD navigation slots will not allow voice dialing from the phone's own phonebook - only those with single CD slots allow this. You have to store your voice dial numbers in the cars own memory which allows for fifty numbers as I understand. It is odd but at least still functional.
[snapback]139413[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have an e60 (May 2005 build) with both CD and DVD Nav slots. I have no problem voice-dialing ALL the entries in my cell phone - and there are over 350 of them, all of which download flawlessly into the car. My phone is a Verizon v710.