Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

treo 650 works well with 4-05 prod 545i

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Titanium Silver, Black with anthrycite trim, premium interior, premium sound and cold packages, Nav, rear heated seats

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have posted and responded to many bluetooth issues. If it wasn't for everyones input, I would be at greater risk driving my wonderful car. I now have a nearly fully functioning treo 650 and I can't waite till the next time I have to phone someone.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Dave' date='Feb 15 2005, 02:45 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who have posted and responded to many bluetooth issues.? If it wasn't for everyones input, I would be at greater risk driving my wonderful car.? I now have a nearly fully functioning treo 650 and I can't waite till the next time I have to phone someone.?

[snapback]90505[/snapback]
Congrats on the 650. I love mine too.
Do you get a discount on your lease for driving the car before it was produced?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:26 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Dave: Could you please explain what you mean by "nearly" fully functioning?

Thanks much,

Sam
Old 02-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Titanium Silver, Black with anthrycite trim, premium interior, premium sound and cold packages, Nav, rear heated seats

As of lunch I haven't been able to see my contact list. Other than that, I believe it is full functioning.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Dave' date='Feb 15 2005, 03:47 PM
As of lunch I haven't been able to see my contact list.? Other than that, I believe it is full functioning.
[snapback]90530[/snapback]
On mine it transfers only the numbers that are programmed into my "Favorites Buttons".
Old 02-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Feb 15 2005, 07:30 PM
[quote name='Dave' date='Feb 15 2005, 03:47 PM']As of lunch I haven't been able to see my contact list.? Other than that, I believe it is full functioning.
[snapback]90530[/snapback]
On mine it transfers only the numbers that are programmed into my "Favorites Buttons".
[snapback]90626[/snapback]
[/quote]

Realtyman,

I am looking into getting a 650 and had a couple of questions:

1. What are "Favorite Buttons" and how many are available. If I understand you correctly only the contacts stored in the "Favorite Buttons" get transfered to the car. How many contacts can be programmed in the Favorite buttons? If I had 50 or more contacts in my phone book can they all be favorites so that they will all transfer to the car?....or are these Favorite Buttons actual physical buttons on the phone's keypad (and therefore a limited number of slots)?

2. Do all the other "normal" functions work? For example, initiating and receiving phone calls with the cars buttons using the speakerphone and not having to touch the phone itself?.....Voice commands........Checking Voicemail through the car without having to touch the phone?....etc.

Thanks in Advance,
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i 6speed

My unlocked GSM Treo 650 transfered the favorites buttons and it appears that all of the functions work well with the BT.

The favorites are "soft keys". on the 650 there are 5 screens of 14 soft buttons which can be programmed with phone numbers. These get transferred to the car.

It makes sense, as the treo can hold thousands of numbers from, for example, your outlook contacts. Mine has multiple numbers for about 700 contacts. I would not like for all of these to transfer. The favorites transfer is just the right amount of numbers.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jobah' date='Feb 16 2005, 06:06 AM
My unlocked GSM Treo 650 transfered the favorites buttons and it appears that all of the functions work well with the BT.

The favorites are "soft keys". on the 650 there are 5 screens of 14 soft buttons which can be programmed with phone numbers. These get transferred to the car.

It makes sense, as the treo can hold thousands of numbers from, for example, your outlook contacts. Mine has multiple numbers for about 700 contacts. I would not like for all of these to transfer. The favorites transfer is just the right amount of numbers.
[snapback]90665[/snapback]
Jobah,

Thanks for the update. However can you please confirm whether incomming calls show on the Idrive screen. Also do the voice commands work too??

TIA

./sherif
Old 02-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Contributors

Names and numbers show up on the idrive screen.
Not sure about voice command as I don't use them.
Sorry I can't help there.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:27 AM
sj3
Senior Members

I am wondering if a CDMA 650 works as well as these reports of reasonably well-functioning GSM 650's. I'm totally lusting after a Verizon version of this phone, supposedly Q2 of this year.

treocentral.com has more information than anyone could possibly want but I am very happy to see us discussing BMW (I mean E60) compatability here. BT is such a quirky protocol that reports of something working in an X5 doesn't necessarily mean it will work the same in an E60.

Could someone please explain the process by which someone would use voice command to dial the mobile phone # of a 'favorite' with three numbers, i.e. home, work, and mobile?

Thanks much in advance,

Sam

Quick Reply: treo 650 works well with 4-05 prod 545i