Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Is there a cradle for a Motorola RAZR phone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jan 3 2005, 02:14 AM
we have a very interesting "watch" post a while back but i couldn't find it .
[snapback]74814[/snapback]
Here you go, alohalc
Old 01-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

thanks, iceman . i searched "watch" instead of "watches". no wonder .
Old 01-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

You have to use words that are not used often, such as Rado or Rolex...
Old 01-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

for some reasons i think i can only search the words show on the topic only .
Old 01-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Nope.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:58 AM
Paul we both took ED last summer.? You one month before me.?

BTW.? What watch boards are you on?? I used to some time back,? but lost interest once I had my watch.
[snapback]74640[/snapback]
Euro Delievery is awesome. I have already started planning our 07 trip.

Watch Boards. I like TimeZone for Rolex and Patek. I like The Purists.com for a A. Lange. Another bad, expensive interest according to my wife.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

There is no cradle for the RAZR, and there never will be.

This is due to the design of the charger adapter. On the Motorola V600, he charger plug is located on the bottom of the phone, and consist of several metal contact points. This allows for the possibility of a cradle charger.

On the V3 RAZR, and charger plug is a small, USB style plug. You must have this style plug to put inside the phone in order to charge. The plug is also on the side of the phone. This would prevent a cradle from working, because on a cradle you basically need to have a phone that can slide downward onto the metal contact points and charge. Phone with plug in chargers typically cannot be used with cradles.

Notice that Motorola does not sell a desktop cradle charger for the V3? This is why.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by ricky' date='Jan 2 2005, 05:29 AM
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 01:27 AM']Welcome back Paul.?? I hope the better quality of the posts on this board did not bore you and send you bottom fishing.?? Conratulations on the ban.

Why would you want a cradle for the RAZR?? The battery life on it is superb and the BT seems to have little effect on power consumption.? My phone has lost 2 bars today.?? In the last 12 hours,? it has spent 5 hours paired to the car and atleast 1 hour of talk time,? most in the car using the BT.?? Not that I need it,? but I have a car charger that is plugged in under the glove box and the wire goes into the glove box from behind.?? Should for some reason I need to to charge the phone I have that as an option.? ? I really do not beleive that the external antenna (sharkfin) will improve your coverage.?? NB.?? I say coverage not reception.?? My experience is that the voice quality with the RAZR through the BT in the car is superior to other BT phones.? Many callers are not aware that I am on a cell phone let alone on a speaker phone in a car travelling at 70mph.? 3 bars or 5 bars does not seem to make a difference to call quality.
[snapback]74547[/snapback]
I fully agree with you Hormazd.
Same top quality experience with RAZR here in Italy.
AFAIK no cradle available for BMW install.
I'm curious to know if the side USB connector will carry antenna contacts or not.
Anyone knows ??

[snapback]74594[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually there is an antenna port on the back of the RAZR, there is a rubber plug on the underside which has a coax socket behind it. The question is, how do you get this to use the sharkfin?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

You don't. There is no cradle. There will never be a cradle for the RAZR.

Motorola doesn't even make a desktop charging cradle.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 1 2005, 05:07 PM
You don't.? There is no cradle.? There will never be a cradle for the RAZR.

Motorola doesn't even make a desktop charging cradle.
[snapback]95754[/snapback]
The fact that the USB charging socket is on the side (and the antenna on the back) means that you are probably right, it would be quite difficult to make a snap in that could connect to USB port. Shame...

Quick Reply: Is there a cradle for a Motorola RAZR phone?