Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Is there a cradle for a Motorola RAZR phone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

[b]I am thinking about getting a cradle for my Motorola RAZR. Is this available? Part number?

Subtopic: How I got banned from RF.

I am proud to announce that I have been banned from posting on RF. I was quite successful at needling JamesS3 and Tony. This is what got me banned:

"Read the lines and between the lines - I did not and would not buy a car from that dealership. Jack asked about the dealership and I shared my experiences with that dealership. I got jerked around and I was there to lease two BMW's for my business. Jack understood what I was saying. I am at a loss that you could not figure it out, Steve."

Steve is the moderator. He drives an e39 and does not like the e60. That is why he tolerated all of the nonsense that was posted about the e60 on RF. He was probably also annoyed that I sent so many newbies to look a post on e60dotnet. I probably sent 50 people here that became members. Oh well. My wife wants me to work out instead posting so much on BMW Boards and Watch Boards. If I did that I would be buff.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Welcome back Paul. I hope the better quality of the posts on this board did not bore you and send you bottom fishing. Conratulations on the ban.

Why would you want a cradle for the RAZR? The battery life on it is superb and the BT seems to have little effect on power consumption. My phone has lost 2 bars today. In the last 12 hours, it has spent 5 hours paired to the car and atleast 1 hour of talk time, most in the car using the BT. Not that I need it, but I have a car charger that is plugged in under the glove box and the wire goes into the glove box from behind. Should for some reason I need to to charge the phone I have that as an option. I really do not beleive that the external antenna (sharkfin) will improve your coverage. NB. I say coverage not reception. My experience is that the voice quality with the RAZR through the BT in the car is superior to other BT phones. Many callers are not aware that I am on a cell phone let alone on a speaker phone in a car travelling at 70mph. 3 bars or 5 bars does not seem to make a difference to call quality.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

I am interested in the cradle too. In my business I am very mcuh dependant on the reliability, quality and steadyness of the conection. Even if it cud be just a 5pc improvement in this regard. Moreover I do not want to fumble conecting cable or to reach out for the glove box. Unfly with RAZR it could be a problem with the cradle as it has an unusual side USB connection.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]
Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 01:27 AM
Welcome back Paul.? I hope the better quality of the posts on this board did not bore you and send you bottom fishing.? Conratulations on the ban.

Why would you want a cradle for the RAZR?? The battery life on it is superb and the BT seems to have little effect on power consumption.? My phone has lost 2 bars today.? In the last 12 hours,? it has spent 5 hours paired to the car and atleast 1 hour of talk time,? most in the car using the BT.? Not that I need it,? but I have a car charger that is plugged in under the glove box and the wire goes into the glove box from behind.? Should for some reason I need to to charge the phone I have that as an option.? ? I really do not beleive that the external antenna (sharkfin) will improve your coverage.? NB.? I say coverage not reception.? My experience is that the voice quality with the RAZR through the BT in the car is superior to other BT phones.? Many callers are not aware that I am on a cell phone let alone on a speaker phone in a car travelling at 70mph.? 3 bars or 5 bars does not seem to make a difference to call quality.
[snapback]74547[/snapback]
I fully agree with you Hormazd.
Same top quality experience with RAZR here in Italy.
AFAIK no cradle available for BMW install.
I'm curious to know if the side USB connector will carry antenna contacts or not.
Anyone knows ??
Old 01-02-2005, 04:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 01:27 AM
Why would you want a cradle for the RAZR?
I still get complaints about the audio quality for the other person on the call. I am going to schedule the Sirius Upgrade next week. I am going to ask them to replace the Telematics Control Unit and look at the microphone. In general I like Bluetooth a lot on the 5 er a lot, but I would like to see if the audio quality can be improved.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:19 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 01:27 AM']Why would you want a cradle for the RAZR?
I still get complaints about the audio quality for the other person on the call. I am going to schedule the Sirius Upgrade next week. I am going to ask them to replace the Telematics Control Unit and look at the microphone. In general I like Bluetooth a lot on the 5 er a lot, but I would like to see if the audio quality can be improved.
[snapback]74607[/snapback]
[/quote]

Paul we both took ED last summer. You one month before me. I took your advise and tuned the in call audio quality using the volume. I also found that the telephone volume is independent of the radio and I-drive volume. I then noticed that lowering ones voice to normal tones, provided the best results at the other end. I had them verify that I had the correct Mic during my retrofit. There are two part numbers.

BTW. What watch boards are you on? I used to some time back, but lost interest once I had my watch.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:58 AM
BTW.? What watch boards are you on?? I used to some time back,? but lost interest once I had my watch.
[snapback]74640[/snapback]
Sorry to but in here but Timezone.com is probably one of the best timepiece sites.

My guess is that many BMW fans are also watch fans. I've got a Rolex GMT II, Omega Speedmaster Shumacher edition, Breitling Chronomat, Ulysse Nardin Blue Max, to name a few ...
Old 01-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gizmo' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:08 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:58 AM']
BTW.?? What watch boards are you on??? I used to some time back,? but lost interest once I had my watch.
Sorry to but in here but Timezone.com is probably one of the best timepiece sites.

My guess is that many BMW fans are also watch fans. I've got a Rolex GMT II, Omega Speedmaster Shumacher edition, Breitling Chronomat, Ulysse Nardin Blue Max, to name a few ...
[snapback]74644[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah thats where I was some time back when looking to buy a Blancpain. I returned the watch within a few days of delivery. It kept stopping.

I own an Omega Seameaster Pro and Parmigiani Fleurier Rose Gold Crono with black dial.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Man
Members

My Ride: 2005 525 Silver Gray/Black, Step, Premium, Cold, Xeon, 18" wheels

Paul:

Don't sweat it. I have been following RF, and needless to say, it has become ridiculous. I pretty much come here, and only check out RF to see what is up on the E60 & E90 boards. The S3 guy is a complete moron.

Anyway, since I started using my RAZR in my 05 525, I have noticed that my battery will not make it all day. On new years eve, it died as I was getting directions to a party, we just made it.

I got the phone around the end of October, so I am surprised about the battery life. I guess bluetooth rapes the battery. I love having the phone in my pocket and using it. I think it might be a pain to put it in the click in tray. I had a C32 with the V60, and you had to physically plug it in and that was kinda a pain. Much nicer to not have to do anything to the phone, or I put it in the recessed area under the climate control.

I guess one solution would be a second battery I keep in the car and just alternate and charge them.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 08:05 AM
[quote name='Gizmo' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:08 AM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:58 AM']
BTW.?? What watch boards are you on??? I used to some time back,? but lost interest once I had my watch.

[snapback]74644[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah thats where I was some time back when looking to buy a Blancpain. I returned the watch within a few days of delivery. It kept stopping.

I own an Omega Seameaster Pro and Parmigiani Fleurier Rose Gold Crono with black dial.
[snapback]74677[/snapback]
[/quote]
we have a very interesting "watch" post a while back but i couldn't find it .

Quick Reply: Is there a cradle for a Motorola RAZR phone?