Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Telephone icon - Version 16.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005 | 10:02 AM
Contributors

Fabulous, I always wondered what that was. I must pay attention now to see if it actually disappears.
Old 05-14-2005 | 11:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i ordered - built 1/05 - arrived 3/16/05 . Silver Gray - Biege Interior. Sports Package, Steptronics, Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package, Rear Fold Down Seats, Sat Radio. Mods: Seatback Hangar, Trunk Net, Umbrella.
Talking

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 14 2005, 10:04 AM
NO MORE SPECULATION - THIS IS WHAT IT IS FOR

It is your missed call indicator and it only applies to calls missed while your phone is paired with the car.? EG.? If you receive a call while you are speaking on the phone,? you will see that icon show up.? Go to missed calls and it will disappear.

Missed calls are logged by date (english syle, M/D/Y) and by recipient,..? except the the calls missed in the current day which show time.

PS.? Always come to E60.NET before hearing the SA.? Their answers are just for amusement.
[snapback]128438[/snapback]

That may be true - but how do you switch between an existing call and the incoming - I have not been able to accomplish this. The missed calls has only worked once that I have noted. And the text messaging has never worked on this phone system- I am using a Motorola V551.
Old 05-15-2005 | 04:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Analogs' date='May 15 2005, 01:19 AM
That may be true - but how do you switch between an existing call and the incoming - I have not been able to accomplish this. The missed calls has only worked once that I have noted. And the text messaging has never worked on this phone system- I am using a Motorola V551.
[snapback]128698[/snapback]
Text messaging only works on the CPT-9000 BMW car phone system
Old 05-15-2005 | 05:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 14 2005, 11:04 AM

It is your missed call indicator and it only applies to calls missed while your phone is paired with the car.? EG.? If you receive a call while you are speaking on the phone,? you will see that icon show up.? Go to missed calls and it will disappear.

Missed calls are logged by date (english syle, M/D/Y) and by recipient,..? except the the calls missed in the current day which show time.

PS.? Always come to E60.NET before hearing the SA.? Their answers are just for amusement.
OK, then why does mine come on shortly after I start the car and the phone pairs with the car?
Old 05-15-2005 | 05:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='May 15 2005, 08:02 AM
OK, then why does mine come on shortly after I start the car and the phone pairs with the car?
[snapback]128752[/snapback]
Mine did the same thing, until I read Hormazd's post.

My Missed Calls were old, and not cleared. So until you deal with the missed calls, the icon represents a Bluetooth phone connection.

Actually, many users will need to clear the missed calls on both the handset and the car. Previously, I never bothered with that display on the car.
Old 05-15-2005 | 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='May 15 2005, 09:12 AM
[quote name='realtyman' date='May 15 2005, 08:02 AM']OK, then why does mine come on shortly after I start the car and the phone pairs with the car?
[snapback]128752[/snapback]
Mine did the same thing, until I read Hormazd's post.

My Missed Calls were old, and not cleared. So until you deal with the missed calls, the icon represents a Bluetooth phone connection.

Actually, many users will need to clear the missed calls on both the handset and the car. Previously, I never bothered with that display on the car.
[snapback]128756[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old 05-15-2005 | 07:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Analogs' date='May 15 2005, 12:19 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='May 14 2005, 10:04 AM']NO MORE SPECULATION - THIS IS WHAT IT IS FOR

It is your missed call indicator and it only applies to calls missed while your phone is paired with the car.?? EG.? If you receive a call while you are speaking on the phone,? you will see that icon show up.?? Go to missed calls and it will disappear.

PS.? Always come to E60.NET before hearing the SA.?? Their answers are just for amusement.

[snapback]128698[/snapback]
[/quote]
You can switch to the waiting call by pushing the steering wheel button when you here the beeps. This will also result in the icon. And will show the missed call (the incoming call that you just took). You then loose the first call.

They still haven't worked out that part. I would like to toggle between calls.
Old 05-15-2005 | 09:36 AM
Contributors

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 14 2005, 09:04 AM

It is your missed call indicator
Cool! Where'd you find this info? I'm wondering if there's more info on the phone functions that I can use.
thx,
Robert
Old 05-15-2005 | 11:11 AM
Contributors

this forum rocks and I always get answer to my doubts.
About the simbols on the screen...how and why only some of the phones show the indication of signal?
I saw it once on a car with a BMW phone (CP9000?).
More : do you know if the latest option called "Bluetooth for telematics" is retrofittable. I have normal bluetooth option on the car. That would be nice...
thanks in advance to everybody.
skorpyo25
Old 05-21-2005 | 01:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i; Silver Gray; Sports and Premium Package; SAT radio; AUX input.

The forum is absolutely correct; the "telephone icon" in the IDrive display (with 16.2) is to let you know you have missed a call. Unless you actually go into the communications menu/missed call and delete the missed calls, the icon will remain there and will appear as soon as the bluetooth connection is established.

Quick Reply: Telephone icon - Version 16.2