Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

T-Mobile MDA

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I just returned home from the T-Mobile store, where the sales associate and I tested the new MDA smartphone with my E60.

The device paired sucessfully, but the phone would not connect.

This is a big disappointment, to say the least.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

Are you serious? I have the MDA on order. Do you have the latest update on your software?

David
Old 03-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 9/04 BMW E46 / 3

MDA I and II doesent work. I?ve had both.

MDA compact and the newest MDA will work.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

All I can tell you is that the newest MDA from T-Mobile will NOT work. I was at the T-Mobile store and paired a salesman's new MDA with my E60. The pairing was successful, but the phone would not connect at all. Trust me, I'm a computer geek and know exactly what I am doing.... so it wasn't user error.

iDrive just said: Please Activate Phone.

I reset the iDrive a couple of times, and reset the MDA, too. I tried everything.

I was very surprised it would not work, because the MDA is supposed to support the HandFree and OBEX BT profiles. These are what is necessary to work with BMW bluetooth. The sales people insisted it would work, but I insisted on testing before I purchased.

Needless to say, I am glad I did test it.

I guess I will just have to stick with my RAZR until the Motorola Q GSM version comes out, in about 6 months or so. Verizon is getting the Q in a couple weeks, but it will be CDMA.... so unlocking it won't do an ounce of good, since I use T-Mobile.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Members

Cmon guys,

My impression is that almost all WM5 devices work. They pair and transfer contacts.
WM2003SE devices pair and work great but no contacts are transferred.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Contributors

My impression is that almost all WM5 devices work. They pair and transfer contacts.
WM2003SE devices pair and work great but no contacts are transferred.

Your impression is not necessarily correct.

I am telling you from experience. The T-Mobile MDA does NOT work with BMW Bluetooth.

Maybe if/when they release a ROM update it will get fixed.... but for now, forget about it.