Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

t-mobile HTC G1

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi

just had this phone the other day, it pairs but then unpairs!!! contacts don't seems to synch either.

today it would auto pair soon as i got into the car, but when i received a call it paired up but i could not answer it.

any help would be great
Old 03-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

Originally Posted by parmblagan' post='826815' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:22 AM
hi

just had this phone the other day, it pairs but then unpairs!!! contacts don't seems to synch either.

today it would auto pair soon as i got into the car, but when i received a call it paired up but i could not answer it.

any help would be great
I?m sure you?re aware already that this is not a ?clean world? - my own experience with these matters is the error is normally with the handset - HTC models I?ve used in the past have been more reliable than some, I have no experience with your model though.

Experience has taught the some early handset?s software can have bugs which will prevent ?normal? hands-free operation e.g. the handset constantly connects and then disconnects from the vehicle, the phonebook does not download correctly or the phone book never finishes downloading.

Initially try renewing the pairing, which you may have done already, as sometimes this is not an ?exact? science - try the following procedure to attain a clean pair; delete all pair entries on car and handset, then power-down the handset and remove the handset from the vicinity of the vehicle and wait several minutes; this will allow the internal timer of the TCU to reset, then repair the handset with the car; if problems still exist, delete the pairing entries on both car and handset again, then allow the vehicle to fully assume sleep mode and try to pair the handset with the car again; still problems, check that you have the latest handset software version, update as appropriate and try pairing again.

A point of note from BMW?s Bluetooth Guide is quote ?In the case of some mobile phones (especially with Apple iPhone, HTC, RIM), the passkey must first be entered on the mobile phone.?

Good luck????????
Old 03-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Members

I've been using a G1 for several months and I haven't run into any problems. I guess you can try to delete it then re-associate it...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by dbpack' post='829400' date='Mar 28 2009, 09:42 PM
I've been using a G1 for several months and I haven't run into any problems. I guess you can try to delete it then re-associate it...

try downloading a couple of apps, you will run into one for sure. I have the same phone, and I hate it. I think is because the phone doesnt allow you to save apps in the memory card, and the phone internal memory is a joke. :thumbsdown:
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I have the same phone. It acts up sometimes. It happens every 2 months or so. Well, knock on wood, it so far back to normal. Try deleting the device name on both the BMW and your phone and resync it. BTW, restart your phone after you delete it.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22' post='862197' date='Apr 28 2009, 06:12 PM
try downloading a couple of apps, you will run into one for sure. I have the same phone, and I hate it. I think is because the phone doesnt allow you to save apps in the memory card, and the phone internal memory is a joke. :thumbsdown:
If you root your phone you can save apps to your SD card (among other things)... Head over to http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446 for details..
Old 05-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

i have the verizon htc older model 6700 and the newest 6850 after trying all i can i finally gave up.love the phone but wont sinc with the car.i also have a motorola nextell and work great.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22' post='862197' date='Apr 28 2009, 05:12 PM
I had the G1 for 6 months. Sold it and back to the iPhone, nothing touches it. But I am still on Tmobile, I HATE att. Tmobile customer service is unmatched.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='883546' date='May 19 2009, 06:53 PM
I had the G1 for 6 months. Sold it and back to the iPhone, nothing touches it. But I am still on Tmobile, I HATE att. Tmobile customer service is unmatched.

I bought a G1 from banggood.com,it is very cheap,is it the real one?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Anyone else got any experiences with using the G1 with the Bluetooth in the e60? I'm trying to find out if it works reliably or not? Does it have full phone features i.e.:
  1. Address book displayed on iDrive
  2. Incoming or outgoing called displayed on iDrive
  3. Voice dialling

Quick Reply: t-mobile HTC G1