Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

SPRINT PCS SONY ERICSSON T608

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

I'm a Sprint customer and the only decent Bluetooth phone is no longer sold by Sprint, the SPRINT PCS SONY ERICSSON T608. I've seen them on eBay for sale, even bid on one, but lost it and I wonder if anyone has had success with buying one there. One T608 currently listed has a statement that indicates Sprint would not enable the phone for the seller and that is why he is listing it now. I don't want to end up with a phone I can't get activated. Doesn anyone have the scoop on this?
Old 05-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Contributors

I bought a Sony Ericsson T608 on eBay last week that was guaranteed by the seller to be able to be activated by Sprint. After it arrived, I called Sprint support to activate it and it works great. Once my 5's software is upgraded to support BT this week, I should be able to use it. If you are a Sprint customer and want full BT support, this is not a bad way to go. Just be sure the phone you bid on is guaranteed by the seller to activate on Sprint. If they don't say it explicitly in the description, just ask the seller the question. There apparently are gray market versions that Sprint will not activate.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='May 16 2005, 04:21 PM
I bought a Sony Ericsson T608 on eBay last week that was guaranteed by the seller to be able to be activated by Sprint.? After it arrived, I called Sprint support to activate it and it works great.? Once my 5's software is upgraded to support BT this week, I should be able to use it.? If you are a Sprint customer and want full BT support, this is not a bad way to go.? Just be sure the phone you bid on is guaranteed by the seller to activate on Sprint.? If they don't say it explicitly in the description, just ask the seller the question.? There apparently are gray market versions that Sprint will not activate.
[snapback]129331[/snapback]
How much did you finally pay for the phone on ebay??
cheers
vern
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vern' date='May 16 2005, 04:57 PM
How much did you finally pay for the phone on ebay??
cheers
vern
[snapback]129379[/snapback]
It was $211,including shipping, I think. Close to that anyway. It included the charger, headset, car power adapter, and was in the box. Very close to new. The phone sold new for about that much, but I am not sure about the accessories that came with it. The car adapter may have been extra. They always kind of screw you on that and charge an additional $25-35 for it. There was $100 rebate for a while late last year which would put it at around $100 for some smart buyers. But now it's off the market entirely. For me, it was the cheapest solution. I didn't want to get a $500 PDA style phone and the LG they offer is only partially BT enabled. That's all Sprint supports right now as far as I can tell.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:29 AM
Members

My Ride: MR2004 545

GWF - were you able to pair the T608 up with your car? I'm looking forward to how your story ends since I'll likely have to do the same thing - I'm have Sprint service too.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Dandager' date='Jun 5 2005, 06:29 AM
GWF -? were you able to pair the T608 up with your car?? I'm looking forward to how your story ends since I'll likely have to do the same thing - I'm have Sprint service too.
[snapback]136342[/snapback]
Sorry, I lost track of this thread and just now came across it. I hope you weren't waiting....

Anyway, Yes it paired up very easily and it works great. However, my wife thinks the sound quality is bad. I think I might have an issue with microphone in the car. I am going to look into it....
Old 09-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Members

My Ride: MR2004 545

I bought an used T608 through e-Bay for $120. It was like taking a huge step backwards in terms of phone technology from the smart phone I was using.

But it paired up with my car just fine. I bought an extra battery and car charger. My goal was to keep the phone as an interim measure until the next best thing came out. Fortunately, after a couple of months of the T608, Palm upgraded the Treo 650 software which made their phone a great match for the BMW.

So, I have switched and am quite happy with the Palm for Sprint. Part of the good news is that I have a list of 70 phone numbers on the Treo that transfers very quickly to the car. If I could just find or create a holder for the phone that would position it where I could see the Treo's screen and push its buttons. Ideally, the holder would attach to the cigarrette lighter and be charging the phone at the same time.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Dandager' date='Sep 5 2005, 09:02 AM
I bought an used T608 through e-Bay for $120.? It was like taking a huge step backwards in terms of phone technology from the smart phone I was using.?

But it paired up with my car just fine.? I bought an extra battery and car charger.? My goal was to keep the phone as an interim measure until the next best thing came out.? Fortunately, after a couple of months of the T608, Palm upgraded the Treo 650 software which made their phone a great match for the BMW.?

So, I have switched and am quite happy with the Palm for Sprint.? Part of the good news is that I have a list of 70 phone numbers on the Treo that transfers very quickly to the car.? If I could just find or create a holder for the phone that would position it where I could see the Treo's screen and push its buttons.? Ideally, the holder would attach to the cigarrette lighter and be charging the phone at the same time.
[snapback]167055[/snapback]
Sounds like a nice solution. As little as I use my T608, I'm happy with it except that my wife complains about the audio quality when I call her from the car. Do you think this is a T608 issue or the BMW's mic?

In regards to the car charger, someone on this board suggested getting the BMW torch (flashlight) adapter cable to convert the torch socket to a standard 12 volt cigar plug and then put the phone in the glove box. I did that and it works great.