Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Sound quality.. are you satisfied

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i, Titanium grey/Black, Automatic, Sport, Premium, Nav, HUD, Aux input, 35% tint all around.

I'm less then 24 hours in to the bluetooth adventure and here's the feedback I have received from callers:

-voice sounds warbly and overampliefied.
-feedback and echoes (i addressed this by significantly reducing volume)
-too much amplification through microphone.

I have called and left messages for myself and while it definitely sounds like i am on a speakerphone in a car i can hear what i am saying but i do agree with the overamplification. is there a way to adjust pick up on the mic?

Anybody else have any comments?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Contributors

I've been on both ends of calls and it seems to me to be about the same experience as being on a cell phone call - acceptable. Never great, usually good, and often inconsistent. I wonder what 'percentage' of the experiences are contributed by the quality of the phone and the phone service.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think there is a new microphone part. I complained about the echo (callers hearing themselves) and they installed an updated microphone which made a significant difference.

Add it to your list of things to get fixed the next time the car goes in...
Old 06-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, Titanium grey/Black, Automatic, Sport, Premium, Nav, HUD, Aux input, 35% tint all around.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jun 1 2005, 02:11 PM
I think there is a new microphone part.? I complained about the echo (callers hearing themselves) and they installed an updated microphone which made a significant difference.

[snapback]135239[/snapback]

Good idea. I'll do that.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jun 1 2005, 05:11 PM
I think there is a new microphone part.? I complained about the echo (callers hearing themselves) and they installed an updated microphone which made a significant difference.

Is there a part # Rudy?
Old 06-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Senior Members

i don't have problem for sound quality at all, both ends. in fact, i asked the callers and they all said it sounds loud and clear, even better than using my handset .
Old 06-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jun 1 2005, 10:14 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Jun 1 2005, 05:11 PM']I think there is a new microphone part.? I complained about the echo (callers hearing themselves) and they installed an updated microphone which made a significant difference.

Is there a part # Rudy?
[snapback]135332[/snapback]
[/quote]
The dealer opened a PUMA case and was told to replace the microphone. I'm not sure if it was a redesigned part or simply a replacement part. The part number that was installed, according to my repair order, was 84 31 8 380 338 in case that helps...
Old 06-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Thanks Rudy!

You 'da man!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Members

My car is in the garage again as they try and fix the BT sound quality. It sounds muffled and lacks enough volume. I spemnd my time shouting to be herad and can hardly hear incoming calls. Very frustrating. I could change the microphone part as suggested, but that's not likely to help me hear other people is it?

so..... thumbs down on sound quality.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jamespratt' date='Jun 13 2005, 02:57 AM
My car is in the garage again as they try and fix the BT sound quality. It sounds muffled and lacks enough volume. I spemnd my time shouting to be herad and can hardly hear incoming calls. Very frustrating. I could change the microphone part as suggested, but that's not likely to help me hear other people is it?

so..... thumbs down on sound quality.
[snapback]138977[/snapback]

I read somewhere in the fourum that some microphones were installed backwards hence the poor pick up from the mic. Simply switching the mics around fixed that problem. You might want to do a search on microphone bluetooth and see what pops up.

Quick Reply: Sound quality.. are you satisfied