5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   Sound Clarity (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/sound-clarity-29833/)

Mr 5er 03-24-2007 05:26 PM

I just had the aux input installed and it cost me for the purchase and installation $332.00. BTW....it works great with my Ipod. loud and clear.

Guitarman926 03-25-2007 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr 5er' post='406553' date='Mar 24 2007, 06:26 PM
I just had the aux input installed and it cost me for the purchase and installation $332.00. BTW....it works great with my Ipod. loud and clear.

I have the XM Sportster radio 'installed' in the cubby area below the CD player slot. It fits quite nicely in this area (fairly tightly), but the cables for the antenna and dc power are currently run toward down toward the rear of the center console for power and the antenna to the rear deck panel of the inside rear window. I would like to have Circuit City (who quoted me $175) to run them from behind the cubby (not the aux input).

I am also using the FM transmitter in the XM radio device now and quite honestly it sounds fairly decent when I add a little boost to the bass and treble on the BMW. I wonder how much better it will sound with the Aux input connection? I realize it will be better, but will I get much more clarity. I would like to know what your experience has been with the Ipod fm vs aux (more bass and higher end or just a bit more clarity?). I've read elsewhere that people have removed the passive components in the aux cable. In particular. the 0.22ufd caps will limit the bass if they were selected to small of a value by BMW engineers and also tend to isolate the dc from ac signal as a protective mechanism if not built into the interface itself. I am a little suspect of those taking these out by themselves.

montereytony 03-25-2007 06:03 PM

I am using an XV6700 with Windows Mobile 5.0 in an 04 545. The sound clarity both incoming and outgoing has been fantastic. The only "problem" I found is that when using other BT devices, sometimes I have to pair the phone again to get the 545 to recognize it. Could it be that you often drive in locations with other signals in the 2.4 GHz range are interfering with your BT and those signals are not near your dealership?

Guitarman926 03-25-2007 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by montereytony' post='406888' date='Mar 25 2007, 07:03 PM
I am using an XV6700 with Windows Mobile 5.0 in an 04 545. The sound clarity both incoming and outgoing has been fantastic. The only "problem" I found is that when using other BT devices, sometimes I have to pair the phone again to get the 545 to recognize it. Could it be that you often drive in locations with other signals in the 2.4 GHz range are interfering with your BT and those signals are not near your dealership?

Except that when I turn off the engine, all works perfectly!

Mr 5er 03-26-2007 10:00 AM

Base is at a minimum. Unfortunately it cannot be adjusted via the e60 Idrive for bass & treble. There are some songs the bass is great and other not so great. Non the less I enjoy listening to my ipod, as I said its loud and clear....no distortions at all.