Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Sorry but another Bluetooth Question, 535d

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Just received my 535d Touring Sport (uk version, excellent car, only had for 3 days). It comes with bluetooth preparation.

Has anyone had a Nokia 6600 working? if so what was the extent of the functionality?

I'd prefer if possible to use my 6600 since I like the hires colour screen and symbion O/S but if I need to buy another Nokia what are the recommendations for the best or latest phones to use? I don't need address book sync, etc. Basic receiving and placing of calls through the car would be superb.

Many thanks
Nick
Old 04-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NickE' date='Apr 12 2005, 02:52 PM
Hi,

Just received my 535d Touring Sport (uk version, excellent car, only had for 3 days). It comes with bluetooth preparation.

Has anyone had a Nokia 6600 working? if so what was the extent of the functionality?

I'd prefer if possible to use my 6600 since I like the hires colour screen and symbion O/S but if I need to buy another Nokia what are the recommendations for the best or latest phones to use? I don't need address book sync, etc. Basic receiving and placing of calls through the car would be superb.

Many thanks
Nick
[snapback]114450[/snapback]
Welcome aboard! I can't answer your question in regarding to the Nokia issue you are having, since I do not have bluetooth.

Show us some pictures of your car!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by NickE' date='Apr 12 2005, 08:52 AM
Hi,

Many thanks
Nick
Hi NickE,

Welcome aboard and what a top choice on car!

I use a Sony Ericsson T630 with the BMW ?50 extra snap in charging adapter.
BT is better on my 535d than my previous car as it shows the tel no's at the side of the names.

My set up works really well.

Cheers

Mark
Old 04-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

NickE, welcome aboard.....nice car

the compatibility list for Bluetooth is here http://www.bmw.co.uk/bluetooth/ best thing todo is check if your handset is listed and if so what features are supported by it.

i, like merv, also have a SE T630, managed to source it from vodafone as "old stock" SE dont produce it anymore apparently, have to say although its not a current model it was brand new/boxed and is listed on the compatible handsets list BMW produce, for that reason alone i went with it and it works perfectly.

i am not really fussed about having the latest handsets i just wanted one that would work and was tested as being fully compatible with the car.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW 316ti, 2004 BMW 530d, 2006 BMW 530xd, 2013 BMW 320d touring, 2014 BMW 520d touring, 2016 BMW X5, 2020 BMW 320da touring, 2020 BMW 540i
Model Year: 1974
Engine: Flat six

The Nokia 6600 isn't compatible with the BMW bluetooth.
I tried and the phone gives that info.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Apr 12 2005, 10:28 AM
NickE, welcome aboard.....nice car?

the compatibility list for Bluetooth is here http://www.bmw.co.uk/bluetooth/ best thing todo is check if your handset is listed and if so what features are supported by it.

i, like merv, also have a SE T630, managed to source it from vodafone as "old stock" SE dont produce it anymore apparently, have to say although its not a current model it was brand new/boxed and is listed on the compatible handsets list BMW produce, for that reason alone i went with it and it works perfectly.

i am not really fussed about having the latest handsets i just wanted one that would work and was tested as being fully compatible with the car.
[snapback]114472[/snapback]
Yeah copy cat - when are you getting a diesel engine like mine
I know your 530i is quick but don't mistake it for a diesel - if you put that black sh*t in you'll fcuk it right up.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:45 AM
Members

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Tuga, sorry what do you mean by 'I tried and the phone gives that info.'. Could you get a pairing at all and did any functionality work?

If not, looks like I'll got the T630 route.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NickE' date='Apr 12 2005, 02:52 PM
Hi,

Many thanks
Nick

Strangely enough older Nokia models are more compatible than the newer models.
I have paired a 6310i which is an older model phone (allbeit a very reliable phone) with the E60 and have access to full E60 functionality. I understand and have read in this fourm previously that sales in carkits and accessories for Nokia etc are at risk as more cars provide bluetooth functionality or maybe BMW are just slow in getting the interoperablity issues resolved as new phones hit the market .... This may be just the case for Nokia phones.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Apr 12 2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah copy cat - when are you getting a diesel engine like mine
actually i did go for a test in one....pics for you here

though if i need to do a lot more miles per year maybe i'll switch sooner be interested to see what your avg mpg settles out to once you've piled on a few more miles then i can decide. i get about 34mpg on m'ways but still less than < 2k miles.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Apr 15 2005, 05:46 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Apr 12 2005, 09:39 PM']Yeah copy cat - when are you getting a diesel engine like mine
actually i did go for a test in one....pics for you here

though if i need to do a lot more miles per year maybe i'll switch sooner be interested to see what your avg mpg settles out to once you've piled on a few more miles then i can decide. i get about 34mpg on m'ways but still less than < 2k miles.
[snapback]115681[/snapback]
[/quote]

Like the pic of your testdrive

An average of 31 - 34mpg for the diesels is easy to obtain.

I too tried a 530i and this is what happened: -
Attached Thumbnails Sorry but another Bluetooth Question, 535d-is059_023.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Sorry but another Bluetooth Question, 535d