Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Sony Ericsson W810i works completely

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006 | 11:25 AM
Members

I'm waiting impatiently for your results

@EBMCS03
Not yet! Give us just one more day

e61rg
Old 05-30-2006 | 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by e61rg' post='289889' date='May 30 2006, 08:25 PM

@EBMCS03

e61rg
OK Something is definately wrong with this phone but I can't tell what. This is what I tried.

Got in dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK
Dialed number using i-drive. Phone call not transferred to car deck! :thumbsdown:
When back to dial number from the displayed phone book. Phone call not transferred to car deck!

I then disconnected Bluetooth device on phone and reconnected. Still it refused to work. I turned off car. Lets start again.

Dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK
Dialed number using i-drive. Phone call not transferred to car deck!
When back to dial number from the displayed phone book. Phone call not transferred to car deck!

So I thought it was the dialling of the number that was causing the problem. I turned off car. Lets start again.

Got in Dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK!
When back to dial number from the displayed phone book. Phone call not transferred to car deck! :thumbsdown:

This shows that I could not find a pattern to why it didn't work. However from the time it didn't work it wouldn't useless I turned the car off and restarted it. Of course I did get the initial successful attempted when I deleted the pairing and repaired it. Again it worked for a while and then stopped.

What I did notice is that everytime it doesn't work you get a message on the phone saying "Transferred to Phone" with the only option of "OK" - (That doesn't help Sony)
If I take the call but attempt to transfer it back to the Handsfree the phone just hangs trying to transfer this back to the car. So that doesn't work too.

My suspect that this is a bug due to the way the Sony bluetooth is designed to work. I know on my P910i if when a phone call is being received I press the phone OK button the call goes to the phone but if I press my bluetooth headset button it come to the headset. I guess the car is not being recognised correctly as the handsfree and hence the phone is taking the call.

So I eat my words. The W810i is NOT completely supported. Maybe in the future with a new firmware etc it may but not now. I've read that there may be a difference in the Bluetooth version implemented in the W810i and the W800i where in the W800i is a higher version 2 that the W810i which is 1.2. Of course I cant believe that Sony would do such a thing after making the two phones so similar.

I'll do some more research and if I find anything I'll post again.
Old 05-30-2006 | 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by e61rg' post='289889' date='May 30 2006, 12:25 PM

@EBMCS03

e61rg

Dont worry you got a couple of weeks...
Old 05-30-2006 | 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='289913' date='May 30 2006, 01:15 PM
OK Something is definately wrong with this phone but I can't tell what. This is what I tried.

Wow thanks for trying and reporting back. now I have to think twice. my V3 works really well with the E60. I mean motorola did build the BT componets on the E60s... so i read...
Old 05-30-2006 | 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='289919' date='May 30 2006, 09:21 PM
Wow thanks for trying and reporting back. now I have to think twice. my V3 works really well with the E60. I mean motorola did build the BT componets on the E60s... so i read...
Another update. If I use the Phone book only I can get it to work a lot more than if I try any of the number lists i.e. Calls Accepted, Calls Missed, Dial number etc. Of course once it stops it never works again.
Old 05-30-2006 | 01:19 PM
Members

Hi bruce_miranda,

thanks for all your effort. What you reported is exactly the behavior I determined.

What a pitty ...

Good night!

e61rg
Old 05-30-2006 | 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='289943' date='May 31 2006, 07:25 AM
Another update. If I use the Phone book only I can get it to work a lot more than if I try any of the number lists i.e. Calls Accepted, Calls Missed, Dial number etc. Of course once it stops it never works again.
Do you have Voice command? If so, does the call go through the car speakers if you initiate it using the voice command?
Old 05-30-2006 | 02:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='289972' date='May 30 2006, 10:41 PM
Do you have Voice command? If so, does the call go through the car speakers if you initiate it using the voice command?
Something else for tomorrow. However the problem is that with the Prof Nav the voice dialling is quite stupid because it tries a voice to text search and fails miserably almost always. However I'll trying it with my name that is simple enough. This isn't helped by the fact that my wife's address book in the phone is something only she can understand!
Old 05-30-2006 | 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='289913' date='May 30 2006, 09:15 PM

Dialed number using i-drive. Phone call not transferred to car deck! :thumbsdown:

I then disconnected Bluetooth device on phone and reconnected. Still it refused to work. I turned off car. Lets start again.

Dialed number using i-drive. Phone call not transferred to car deck!

So I thought it was the dialling of the number that was causing the problem. I turned off car. Lets start again.

Got in Dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK!
When back to dial number from the displayed phone book. Phone call not transferred to car deck! :thumbsdown:

This shows that I could not find a pattern to why it didn't work. However from the time it didn't work it wouldn't useless I turned the car off and restarted it. Of course I did get the initial successful attempted when I deleted the pairing and repaired it. Again it worked for a while and then stopped.

What I did notice is that everytime it doesn't work you get a message on the phone saying "Transferred to Phone" with the only option of "OK" - (That doesn't help Sony)
If I take the call but attempt to transfer it back to the Handsfree the phone just hangs trying to transfer this back to the car. So that doesn't work too.

My suspect that this is a bug due to the way the Sony bluetooth is designed to work. I know on my P910i if when a phone call is being received I press the phone OK button the call goes to the phone but if I press my bluetooth headset button it come to the headset. I guess the car is not being recognised correctly as the handsfree and hence the phone is taking the call.

So I eat my words. The W810i is NOT completely supported. Maybe in the future with a new firmware etc it may but not now. I've read that there may be a difference in the Bluetooth version implemented in the W810i and the W800i where in the W800i is a higher version 2 that the W810i which is 1.2. Of course I cant believe that Sony would do such a thing after making the two phones so similar.

I'll do some more research and if I find anything I'll post again.

Thanks for hard work but for now I'll stick with 7501
Old 05-30-2006 | 11:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by norham' post='290184' date='May 31 2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks for hard work but for now I'll stick with 7501
Funny but my K750i exhibits very similar behaviour to Bruce's W810i - it works intermittently but not consistently with the dreaded and apparently unresolvable "transferred to phone" message frequently appearing. Also only parts of the phone book transfer. Hence given up trying for the time being and reverted to my good, old reliable 6310i which works flawlessly.

Since other K750i users report that they have no problem, I have put it down to my car (delivered new in Apr-06) and possible CIP differences but have been too busy/lazy to do anything about it until the first service is due.

Another (possibly CIP-related) issue I have relates to postcode entry in the nav system. With my particular 2006-02 DVD'd professional navigation system, postcode entry is simply not available as an input option (and yes I have RTFM so know where that option would be if it were available). Other users with E60's of similar vintage to mine have reported the same problem but, so far, no solution. Another first service issue!

Quick Reply: Sony Ericsson W810i works completely