Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Sony Ericsson K700i

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d SE, Leather, Nav 606, BT phone, advanced Aircon

I just changed my T610 to K700i. This was shown to be compatible as per the list of phones from X5world.net. However the problem I am facing is that it takes nearly 10 minutes to connect (with intermittent bursts of connection and disconnection) until you can make or receive a call. With the T610 it used to be instantaneous. Once connected it seems to work well with automatic phone book transfer. I am trying to find out from whether this is a known problem due to BMW software issues or a problem with my particular phone, in which case I could get it changed. Please help.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Senior Members

Hi,

My dad has just bought a K700i to, and had problems with the bluetooth connection in our E60. Try to delete all your SMS in your inbox on your phone....
That worked for us...
Old 12-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

I tried a K700i with my car yesterday, kept connecting/disconnecting. Going to get a Siemens phone as the salesman's worked perfectly.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Members

My Ride: Oxford Green E60 530D with tuning box and all the toys!

Got mine to work eventually after:

1. Firmware upgrade on phone
2. Software update on car
3. Emptying ALL SMS folders

It works OK, but no snap in adaptor yet.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

Originally Posted by golfnut' date='Dec 17 2004, 11:14 AM
Got mine to work eventually after:

1. Firmware upgrade on phone
2. Software update on car
3. Emptying ALL SMS folders

It works OK, but no snap in adaptor yet.
[snapback]69902[/snapback]
My phone was 3 days old, the car is 2 weeks old and it had no SMS messages! still no joy
Old 12-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

My cell phone is K700i. Since i see there are many problems with the bluetooth, i think i'm not going for the Bluetooth retrofit.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I has posted a list yesterday, which I got from BMW NA specifically for the e60. This phone is NOT on the list. They told me NOT to use the X5 list, it is different.

Jochen
Old 12-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Members

My Ride: Oxford Green E60 530D with tuning box and all the toys!

David - still doesn't mean you have latest software etc. Try checking the firmware version on your phone. Better still take it into a SE service centre and get them to do it for you - they will upgrade it on the spot free of charge if necessary. I have posted threads here on this and there is also stuff on how to access which firmware version you have and which is the most up to date. Do a search in this forum and you should find the threads you need.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d SE, Leather, Nav 606, BT phone, advanced Aircon

Originally Posted by golfnut' date='Dec 17 2004, 05:32 PM
David - still doesn't mean you have latest software etc. Try checking the firmware version on your phone. Better still take it into a SE service centre and get them to do it for you - they will upgrade it on the spot free of charge if necessary. I have posted threads here on this and there is also stuff on how to access which firmware version you have and which is the most up to date. Do a search in this forum and you should find the threads you need.
[snapback]69981[/snapback]
Golfnut, how do I upgrade my firmware on the phone? my software info on the phone reads

R2L001
prgCXC125959_EU_6_C

Is this the old version or the new one. My Idrive software is 13.3 which was upgraded in Nov 2004. Is yours 14?

Please advice
Old 12-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545ia Euro Delivery 1/05 Black/Black Step Sport, Nav, Logic 7, Sirius, Shades

I have the Sony Ericsson K700i, and quite frankly- it's one of the worst phones I've ever used. I have never encountered so many techinical gliches as I have w/ this phone. After several months use, the phone is slow and annoying. I take delivery of my new 5 next month, and I'll probably end up getting a new phone! No more Sony Ericsson for me!!

Originally Posted by rhedoc' date='Dec 17 2004, 01:39 AM
I just changed my T610 to K700i. This was shown to be compatible as per the list of phones from X5world.net. However the problem I am facing is that it takes nearly 10 minutes to connect (with intermittent bursts of connection and disconnection) until you can make or receive a call. With the T610 it used to be instantaneous. Once connected it seems to work well with automatic phone book transfer. I am trying to find out from whether this is a known problem due to BMW software issues or a problem with my particular phone, in which case I could get it changed. Please help.
[snapback]69883[/snapback]

Quick Reply: Sony Ericsson K700i