Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

SOCAL DEALERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545, Sport Package, Steptronic, NAV, L7, PDC, Sunshades, Titanium Gray over Black, Bluetooth

Can anyone reccomend a dealer in LA (and service advisor) who can do my Bluetooth retrofit and software update. Have been quoted $400 - $1000 for the service. After 2 days of trying to explain what I want done and how to do it, I am going nuts. Apparantly, service advisors are not very familliar with the subject even after presenting the service bulletin - Thanks
Old 12-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Members

I second that

Originally Posted by powers545' post='500926' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:44 PM
Can anyone reccomend a dealer in LA (and service advisor) who can do my Bluetooth retrofit and software update. Have been quoted $400 - $1000 for the service. After 2 days of trying to explain what I want done and how to do it, I am going nuts. Apparantly, service advisors are not very familliar with the subject even after presenting the service bulletin - Thanks
Old 12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

i'm very much interested in a software update. maybe we can find one dealership who will do all 3 at the same time. possibly give us a discount. i live in the valley and work in long beach so i can go to any dealership in between
Old 12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Members

that is a great idea.................we can start a list. I am in.

Originally Posted by kneemah' post='501953' date='Dec 2 2007, 05:50 PM
i'm very much interested in a software update. maybe we can find one dealership who will do all 3 at the same time. possibly give us a discount. i live in the valley and work in long beach so i can go to any dealership in between
Old 12-03-2007, 04:03 AM
MDT
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic trans, xenon adaptive headlights, sat. prep, no navigation, bluetooth, ipod adapter

Originally Posted by powers545' post='500926' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:44 PM

I had mine done at Valencia BMW. My service advisor is Mark David. I had my software updated to correct some warranty problems. While they were updating the software, they activated my bluetooth at no charge. I don't know if that would still the case or if I just slipped through. I did take the service bulletin in when I took my car in for service, and they seem to have no problem understanding what to do.

Good luck.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Members

just curios...what were they charging?

Originally Posted by MDT' post='502060' date='Dec 3 2007, 05:03 AM
I had mine done at Valencia BMW. My service advisor is Mark David. I had my software updated to correct some warranty problems. While they were updating the software, they activated my bluetooth at no charge. I don't know if that would still the case or if I just slipped through. I did take the service bulletin in when I took my car in for service, and they seem to have no problem understanding what to do.

Good luck.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

i spoke with mark at valencia and he let me know they don't do "that type of upgrade" and that i should "try a different dealership". maybe it's because i'm out of warranty, but i told him that i knew that and was willing to pay for it.

so i called bmw of beverly hills and that SA said it's a disc upgrade that they can sell to me. meaning i just pop in the disc and it'll activate the software. i set up an appointment for the 10th to check it out.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Members

spoke with Fernando at Shelly BMW. He said that they did a lot of upgrade and would be free if the car is in warranties. I sheduled for 12/27
Old 12-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Members

Hey how much is the "Disc Upgrade?" let me know when you find out the cost of the disc. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 AM
MDT
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic trans, xenon adaptive headlights, sat. prep, no navigation, bluetooth, ipod adapter

Originally Posted by kneemah' post='502152' date='Dec 3 2007, 11:29 AM
i spoke with mark at valencia and he let me know they don't do "that type of upgrade" and that i should "try a different dealership". maybe it's because i'm out of warranty, but i told him that i knew that and was willing to pay for it.

so i called bmw of beverly hills and that SA said it's a disc upgrade that they can sell to me. meaning i just pop in the disc and it'll activate the software. i set up an appointment for the 10th to check it out.
That surprises me. They did this type of upgrade on my car, but it was still in warranty. I would think they would rather do it out of warranty so they can charge. I had mine done about a year and a half ago, maybe things are changing at this dealership. I know they just moved to a brand new building, and maybe they are changing the way they are treating their customers.

I must admit, I was a little disappointed in my last service visit - I felt they weren't trying very hard to find and fix a warranty problem. It seemed like they just wanted to do the service and move on.

Quick Reply: SOCAL DEALERS