5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   SOCAL DEALERS (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/socal-dealers-47824/)

powers545 11-29-2007 09:44 PM

Can anyone reccomend a dealer in LA (and service advisor) who can do my Bluetooth retrofit and software update. Have been quoted $400 - $1000 for the service. After 2 days of trying to explain what I want done and how to do it, I am going nuts. Apparantly, service advisors are not very familliar with the subject even after presenting the service bulletin - Thanks

yellowpad 12-01-2007 12:31 PM

I second that

Originally Posted by powers545' post='500926' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:44 PM
Can anyone reccomend a dealer in LA (and service advisor) who can do my Bluetooth retrofit and software update. Have been quoted $400 - $1000 for the service. After 2 days of trying to explain what I want done and how to do it, I am going nuts. Apparantly, service advisors are not very familliar with the subject even after presenting the service bulletin - Thanks

kneemah 12-02-2007 04:50 PM

i'm very much interested in a software update. maybe we can find one dealership who will do all 3 at the same time. possibly give us a discount. i live in the valley and work in long beach so i can go to any dealership in between

yellowpad 12-02-2007 08:47 PM

that is a great idea.................we can start a list. I am in.

Originally Posted by kneemah' post='501953' date='Dec 2 2007, 05:50 PM
i'm very much interested in a software update. maybe we can find one dealership who will do all 3 at the same time. possibly give us a discount. i live in the valley and work in long beach so i can go to any dealership in between

MDT 12-03-2007 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by powers545' post='500926' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:44 PM

I had mine done at Valencia BMW. My service advisor is Mark David. I had my software updated to correct some warranty problems. While they were updating the software, they activated my bluetooth at no charge. I don't know if that would still the case or if I just slipped through. I did take the service bulletin in when I took my car in for service, and they seem to have no problem understanding what to do.

Good luck.

yellowpad 12-03-2007 09:12 AM

just curios...what were they charging?

Originally Posted by MDT' post='502060' date='Dec 3 2007, 05:03 AM
I had mine done at Valencia BMW. My service advisor is Mark David. I had my software updated to correct some warranty problems. While they were updating the software, they activated my bluetooth at no charge. I don't know if that would still the case or if I just slipped through. I did take the service bulletin in when I took my car in for service, and they seem to have no problem understanding what to do.

Good luck.

kneemah 12-03-2007 10:29 AM

i spoke with mark at valencia and he let me know they don't do "that type of upgrade" and that i should "try a different dealership". maybe it's because i'm out of warranty, but i told him that i knew that and was willing to pay for it.

so i called bmw of beverly hills and that SA said it's a disc upgrade that they can sell to me. meaning i just pop in the disc and it'll activate the software. i set up an appointment for the 10th to check it out.

yellowpad 12-03-2007 02:00 PM

spoke with Fernando at Shelly BMW. He said that they did a lot of upgrade and would be free if the car is in warranties. I sheduled for 12/27

adidas24p 12-03-2007 09:42 PM

Hey how much is the "Disc Upgrade?" let me know when you find out the cost of the disc. Thanks!

MDT 12-04-2007 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by kneemah' post='502152' date='Dec 3 2007, 11:29 AM
i spoke with mark at valencia and he let me know they don't do "that type of upgrade" and that i should "try a different dealership". maybe it's because i'm out of warranty, but i told him that i knew that and was willing to pay for it.

so i called bmw of beverly hills and that SA said it's a disc upgrade that they can sell to me. meaning i just pop in the disc and it'll activate the software. i set up an appointment for the 10th to check it out.

That surprises me. They did this type of upgrade on my car, but it was still in warranty. I would think they would rather do it out of warranty so they can charge. I had mine done about a year and a half ago, maybe things are changing at this dealership. I know they just moved to a brand new building, and maybe they are changing the way they are treating their customers. :confused:

I must admit, I was a little disappointed in my last service visit - I felt they weren't trying very hard to find and fix a warranty problem. It seemed like they just wanted to do the service and move on.