Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Samsung Omnia

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking of purchasing the Samsung Omnia for Verizon service. Has anyone had experience withits compatability in their BMW I have a 2006 530xi. Thanks for any info. on this phone. I'm also considering the Blackberry Storm, does anyone have experience with both?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Members

My wife has the Omnia and it pairs perfectly and allows access to her phonebook whenever she gets in the car ('05 E61 525d with media pack, pro nav etc). As a phone I would say the touch screen is not as easy and intuitive to use as the iphone for example, but she likes it more for the looks than its technical properties.

Cant comment on the Storm I am afraid, never tried one in the car.

Cheers
Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Thiswayup' post='760544' date='Jan 6 2009, 08:18 AM
My wife has the Omnia and it pairs perfectly and allows access to her phonebook whenever she gets in the car ('05 E61 525d with media pack, pro nav etc). As a phone I would say the touch screen is not as easy and intuitive to use as the iphone for example, but she likes it more for the looks than its technical properties.

Cant comment on the Storm I am afraid, never tried one in the car.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply, I'm going to pick up an Omnia tomorrow, wish me luck!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I would love to hear your feed back on the Omnia. I'm afraid my Motorola Q is finally ready to go to rest and was looking at the Omnia as well as the Samsung Saga. The only down side I see so far is Samsung uses it's own preprietory charging connections and I have several mini usb chargers at my office, home, and travel bag.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Members

Ok anyone else has the new Samsung Omnia ? And does it work good on there 5 Series? Thinking of getting one in a few months.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beemerjams' post='795500' date='Feb 17 2009, 10:47 PM
Ok anyone else has the new Samsung Omnia ? And does it work good on there 5 Series? Thinking of getting one in a few months.
Me too ... My NE2 is May and I'm shopping for a new phone (Dare or Omnia are on the list) IF I decide to spend the extra bucks for the loaded-up Verizon plan.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Members

Had my Dare since it came out. And it is a nice phone. No problem with the hook up on my 550. Both phones are nice. Now im just waiting to see if anyone else has compatability issues on there 5 series.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I've had several Blackberry's and I can say with a very high level of confidence that they should all work flawlessly with our e60's. My Pearl, Curve, and now Bold work great with no problems
Old 02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I ended up picking up the Samsung Omnia since my wife promised to let me have her upgrade in 6 months if I don't like it. It paired with no problem, once I rememered how to do it! Address book etc all come up on the idrive screen. One down side if you can call it that is it automatically will turn off it's blue tooth feature if the battery gets down to less than 10-20 percent so you have to manually turn it back on again which is no big deal if you know to expect it. I guess its a power saving deal. The battery life by the way is much better than the Moto Q I had been using previously.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='801914' date='Feb 25 2009, 11:16 PM
I ended up picking up the Samsung Omnia since my wife promised to let me have her upgrade in 6 months if I don't like it. It paired with no problem, once I rememered how to do it! Address book etc all come up on the idrive screen. One down side if you can call it that is it automatically will turn off it's blue tooth feature if the battery gets down to less than 10-20 percent so you have to manually turn it back on again which is no big deal if you know to expect it. I guess its a power saving deal. The battery life by the way is much better than the Moto Q I had been using previously.

Nice hope that the Omnia will work good in the long run. Had a Verizon phone on my last M3 an 05. The phone book showed up for 6 months and then it just did not show up after 6 months.

Quick Reply: Samsung Omnia