Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Samsung "Blade" M-900 was paired now can't find?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my 04/04 build BT activated today and my Aux-In (THANKS! for all the info on board, CIP upgrade was free cause screen "I think blanked out once" and they did BT activation no charge.

Anyway can someone help me!, I had a Nokia 6255I and it paired but barely there was it came over speakers but no voice and screen said "activate phone" So I had to have this working today and went to buy a new cell, at the store I did a search on e60.net and found that I like the Samsung m-900 razor look-alike and there was posts of full functionality. It paired at the store and worked accept it would work once seemed to be still connected to the car and could make calls but no audio, voive prompts worked etc.

Now I deleted all pairs trying to troubleshoot and it won't find my car no matter what I do!! Please help been at this for an hour. When it was paired all functions including phone book worked great.

Aux in works great!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Members

OK, I got it paired thanks to EBMCS03 pairing, basically you have to have the e60 in the bluetooth/phone screen for it to be discoverable. That was so simple damn it!

Phone is paired

1. Ignition turn on pairs, first call works great.
2. Second call it goes to connect and when it does audio is routed to nowhere.
3. Hitting end on both to make sure it's not a ghost call
4. Every call goes to connect and when it does no audio on handset or car, call is connected on phone no active calls in car.
5. Turn car on and off again, first call works.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
I'm goin nuts for 2 hours now, only my first call works, make a call says connecting, phone connects, no audio and car display drops it.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Members

Well thanks for the help guys, just kidding. There must be somebosy who is obsessive compulisive like me. I went through a whole day at the dealer getting my 04/04 updated then when my BT nokia wouldn't give contacts I bought a new cell, then till 3 am getting it to work. The solution was updating the software via the phone. After that was done it must have updated BT setting on the phone as it works perfect now.

FYI anyone that has or wants Sprint, this phone is as good or better than a razor from what I can see so far, and works perfect in my e60 now with high speed video streaming and (albeit small fixed memory) MP3 player, and almost exactly the size of a razor. Go Blade.... http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/11/the-sam...a900-aka-blade/
Old 02-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by WebDefy' post='229288' date='Jan 25 2006, 08:38 PM
Well thanks for the help guys, just kidding. There must be somebosy who is obsessive compulisive like me. I went through a whole day at the dealer getting my 04/04 updated then when my BT nokia wouldn't give contacts I bought a new cell, then till 3 am getting it to work. The solution was updating the software via the phone. After that was done it must have updated BT setting on the phone as it works perfect now.

FYI anyone that has or wants Sprint, this phone is as good or better than a razor from what I can see so far, and works perfect in my e60 now with high speed video streaming and (albeit small fixed memory) MP3 player, and almost exactly the size of a razor. Go Blade.... http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/11/the-sam...a900-aka-blade/
WebDefy,

I just got a Samsung Blade and am experiencing exactly the same issues you had. How did you fix it? I don't understand the "updating the software via the phone"....

Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Members

I am so sorry KR_kous,
I don't normally check these boards. Here is what fixed it for me...

On your phone goto Settings> then Others>the Update Phone. This process took two times and several minutes but it seemed to basically be a firmware upgrade to the phone and unpdated the BT version and it worked fine after that accept for the one problem I am having in another post. Other than that everything pairs and syncs fine whenever I get intot the car.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Members

Last I checked, all of the Samsung phones had nothing but problems with car bluetooth, BMW, Audi, Acura, any of them. Last I heard Samsung was "working on a software update" so maybe they've finally got that out. That'll be great news for Sprint custs, since Samsung is the only company making BT compatible handsets for Sprint. If you've got it working at all you've made more progress than I've seen with other people.