Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Professional Phone + Nokia 6230i

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Silverstone 2007 BMW M5. Acquired June 2009 ... with only 5,600 kms, and A$100k off new car price! Amethyst Grey 2004 BMW 545i standard Australian delivered specs including: 6 speed Steptronic, Active Steering, Standard Cruise Control (not Active CC), Bi-Xenon with Adaptive Headlights, 8.8" colour monitor with Professional Navigation, TV and Voice Recognition, Elec rear sun blind. Options: BMW 124 alloys, elec sports seats, full BMW M-tech body kit, darkest Aust legal window tint, 2000 kg tow hitch, cubby box

Hi all,

If this question has been asked and answered then apologies in advance and please advise the link.

I have got the BMW Professional Phone already installed inthe 545. However, it is very inconvenient keeping having address books in two mobiles. Also, everytime I get into the car, I have to manually divert the phone to the car and vice versa when I leave the car (dual sim card system).

So I borrowed a friend's Nokia 6230i and paired it to the car. Both the Nokia and car can see each other but is not actually active. A call to the BMW dealer says that once the BMW Professioal Phone is in the car, no other bluetooth phone can access the car.

I was told to be patient, as the new ConnectedDrive is due to be released soon which will bring more features using the existing Professional Phone system.

Question: Should I pull out the Professional Phone System in preference to the Nokia 8230i (and upcoming cable kit); or put up with having dual sim cards/phones?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Members

Hi,
greetings to every one in this GREAT forum...
I'm facing the same situation ;( and i dont no what to do !!??

any one has a good solution....
Old 06-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The phone pro is using the handset as a "headset". You can't pair a phone with a phone. Therefore your dealer is right when he tells you, that once the phone pro is installed you can't pair any other BT phone.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by abdullah' date='Jun 24 2005, 11:52 AM
Hi,
greetings to every one in this? GREAT? forum...

[snapback]142779[/snapback]
I doubt there is a solution to this problem - its "if you have this, you can't have that!".

Think on the bright side - with the CPT9000, you have SMS in the iDrive while those of us using b/t paried phones don't
Old 06-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jun 26 2005, 06:52 AM
[quote name='abdullah' date='Jun 24 2005, 11:52 AM']Hi,
greetings to every one in this? GREAT? forum...

[snapback]142779[/snapback]
I doubt there is a solution to this problem - its "if you have this, you can't have that!".

Think on the bright side - with the CPT9000, you have SMS in the iDrive while those of us using b/t paried phones don't
[snapback]143066[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you for tilling me the brigt side of my CPT9000 wich i really hate cuz i have to remove the sim every time.

it seems that i'll be thinking to remover the CPT9000 and replace it with any think that supports bluetooth pairing.

any suggestions with the best adapter or part number?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride:

Why not have a Multi-Sim solution where you have up to 10 sims with the same telephone number. One goes in the car the other goes in the phone - bingo!

While it's not as elegant a solution as using pure bluetooth, it does give you extreme flexibility - you merely hit a speed dial button when you enter/exit the car to advise the network which sim is the active card for receiving an incoming call.

I used it for 3 years like this in my previous car, prior to the E61, with great success.

Andy
Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Andy E61' date='Jun 28 2005, 12:20 AM
Why not have a Multi-Sim solution where you have up to 10 sims with the same telephone number. One goes in the car the other goes in the phone - bingo!

While it's not as elegant a solution as using pure bluetooth, it does give you extreme flexibility - you merely hit a speed dial button when you enter/exit the car to advise the network which sim is the active card for receiving an incoming call.

I used it for 3 years like this in my previous car, prior to the E61, with great success.?

Andy
[snapback]143559[/snapback]

WaaaW .... this seem to be an exelent solotion....

but how can i get the extra sim.... my mobile provider doesnt have this option to the subscribers!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride:

Both Vodafone and Orange in UK offer Multi-Sim packages. They charge around ?5 per month per additional card on the same number.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Members

My Ride: Silverstone 2007 BMW M5. Acquired June 2009 ... with only 5,600 kms, and A$100k off new car price! Amethyst Grey 2004 BMW 545i standard Australian delivered specs including: 6 speed Steptronic, Active Steering, Standard Cruise Control (not Active CC), Bi-Xenon with Adaptive Headlights, 8.8" colour monitor with Professional Navigation, TV and Voice Recognition, Elec rear sun blind. Options: BMW 124 alloys, elec sports seats, full BMW M-tech body kit, darkest Aust legal window tint, 2000 kg tow hitch, cubby box

In Australia, BMW recommends the use of the Dual Sim card and Telstra's Call Director Service. I've attached the info from BMW Australia in PDF file.

I've not gone for that option, as the Call Director Service is a fee paying service.

At the moment, I use the same as AndyE61's solution. Problem is, I've (at times) forgotten to undivert the phone from the car and then people can't reach me; as I'm not in the car!

So, therefore I'm stuck with it!

I'm still tossing with the idea in removing the Professional Phone system dualsim.pdfand getting the cradle that is soon to be availabe from BMW for the Nokia 6230i

Got a thought though: Is there any phone in existence that when it detects a certain Bluetooth signal (say the Professionals Phone's ID) will send the divert instruction to the Phone company (in my case Telstra); and then vice versa?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Oz545' date='Jun 30 2005, 05:57 AM
In Australia, BMW recommends the use of the Dual Sim card and Telstra's Call Director Service.? I've attached the info from BMW Australia in PDF file.

I've not gone for that option, as the Call Director Service is a fee paying service.

At the moment, I use the same as AndyE61's solution.? Problem is, I've (at times) forgotten to undivert the phone from the car and then people can't reach me; as I'm not in the car!

So, therefore I'm stuck with it!

I'm still tossing with the idea in removing the Professional Phone system Attachment 8780and getting the cradle that is soon to be availabe from BMW for the Nokia 6230i

Got a thought though:? Is there any phone in existence that when it detects a certain Bluetooth signal (say the Professionals Phone's ID) will send the divert instruction to the Phone company (in my case Telstra); and then vice versa?
[snapback]144450[/snapback]
My wife's phone is set to divert to the car should she not answer it so when she is driving her own phone rings followed by the car phone which she can then answer. No one needs the car phone number so it's just a pay as you go with credit if she wants to make a call from the car.
Cheap solution with no monthly charges for 2nd sims etc

Quick Reply: Professional Phone + Nokia 6230i