Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Problems connecting Androind devices

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:16 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I am new to this forum. I wonder has anyone had this problem to you? I have 3 Androind phones and they all can't connect to me E60. I tried Old Nokia 6300 and some new Black Berry and they did work.

Here is the video whats happening with it.

Car is 2003 530d. Sorry for bad English
Old 02-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

can you dial and bluetooth connects if you dial from the phone? And does your phone book load up
Old 02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Delete ALL previous pairings in the car and try again, that should allow you to pair!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by buddy
can you dial and bluetooth connects if you dial from the phone? And does your phone book load up
No i can't deal any number, because it keeps disconnecting the phone, and it doesn't load phone book, for androids, it does only for that old nokia and Blackberry.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
Delete ALL previous pairings in the car and try again, that should allow you to pair!
I tryed, but it doesn't work anyway :/
Old 02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by minijas
I tryed, but it doesn't work anyway :/
With my Android phone I receive a text message immediately after pairing hoccurredred, with a box to check approviphone bookook sharing etc. If I were you, I would delete the pairing on the phone and the car and try again, paying close attention to your phone for a text message!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:08 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
With my Android phone I receive a text message immediately after pairing hoccurredred, with a box to check approviphone bookook sharing etc. If I were you, I would delete the pairing on the phone and the car and try again, paying close attention to your phone for a text message!
I tryed to delete pairing from the phone and the car. That doesn't change anything. I am not getting any message, it only ask my to enter the code. When i enter the code it does pair for like 5 second and then discconcts. Also if i do a phone call while it is connected sounds go throught cars speaker, then it disconnects and sound dissapear from car speaker, then again it connects and sound goes through car speakers again.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

I'm not even getting the dialer to appear communications just shows i should call bmw it says htc evo 3d on the bottom i can hear and talk via bt but cannot control anything via the car is there any fix for this yet
Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

I've have no problem with any of my andriod phones, never had to unpair any from the car just add the new phone and it syncs. I can only suggest clearing all paired phones and try again. one thing none of the other phones are close enough and turned on to try and pair at the same time, may be a conflict.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

ive been trying to kinda of scientifically and mathematically figure out the equation causing this to happen with android phones its a widely know issue but none of the info out on it seems to be absolutely the reason why, or the solution its like every case is different.

I have a 2004 530i and have tried 3 different android phones Htc evo 3d (my main phone) running android 2.3.4 software 2.08.651.2, kernal 2.6.35.13g84f8edd, htc evo 4g (my old phone), Samsung Galaxy S2 (my cousins phone)

Pairing - works
Car controls phone(steering wheel button ect) - works
Voice dialing numbers - works
Voice dialing names - doesn't work
Syncing address book with car - doesn't work

here is what I have gathered so far suggestions on what try
- unpair all phones, forget device on phone, reset ccc, reset phone and retry..... My experience = FAIL

- download bluetooth file transfer from marketplace save contacts to sd card when phone pairs to car transfer vsf file (contacts file on sd) to the car and address book should start to sync with car my experience......FAIL

- declutter and re organize contacts list removes fb and all other social media ties use only first names or only last names or both remove all 1's in the beginning of numbers (basically make it 10 digits) my experience ........FAIL( I tried all varients of this fix deleted my entire contact list to just one contact and played around with it but that didn't work for me

-pay attention on your phone as soon as you pair for a messages asking for permission to send contacts to the car supposedly it goes away quick and if you miss it you lost your shot. my experience.........FAIL ( I never got no prompt asking for permission)

-perform a full software update on ccc to bring bt up to date with the tech in the phone??? I have no idea I refuse to pay 300 bucks to do a software update to get bt working and from the research ive done. there is no guarantee contacts will even sync after you spend all that money.

Now Ive read a lot of people have had success getting contacts to sync after rooting there andriod phone and flashing over to cyanogen 7.1 rom I'm trying to understand why people are have success what is different about this custom firmware vs stock firmware. I personally refuse to switch over to custom fw because Ive done it in the past and even though all the nice new features might be great they are always buggy and end up causing your phones ultimate demise in the end. also I read cyanogen for my phone doesn't even support 4g which I use heavy and stereo bt, which I also use a lot. I think the cooks of the cf have changed the kernel I think either the kernel or baseband has something to do with how the wireless radios on the phone work, of those radios I think bluetooth might be one of them so I figure since i don't want to change to a custom firmware on my phone maybe i can just change the kernel and get my contacts to sync with my car. Anyone one the same page as me or knows even more about the andriod phones and how they work please chime in, if we all put our heads together a solution should be found...

Quick Reply: Problems connecting Androind devices