Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Problems with Bluetooth synchronisation

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i M Sport Model (manual), jet black, auburn Dakota leather, aluminium cube interior trim, anthracite headlining, De-chroming, M Original mirrors, M L/Alloy wheels Rims M6 Style 167: front 8,5*19, back 9,5*19. Tyres Goodyear F1-GS D3: front 245/30*19, back 275/30*19 , M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic body styling, M sport suspension, sport seats, M rear spoiler, Bi Xenon headlights (incl. H/Wash), Bluetooth telephone with Siemens S65 phone, Logic 7 HiFi system, No model description (debadged), park distance control, cup holders, rear heated seats, Cruise control, Remote Control alarm, Servotronic steering, smoking package, Through load system, trailer clutch, ski bag. Delivered April 15, 2005.

I have tried to synchronize my Siemens S65 with the car but the phonebook doesn?t appear in the I-drive. On Monday I was travelling a long trip (3, 5 hours) and I had the phone in the snap-in adapter but the synchronization was not ready. My phonebook consist of approx 400 names.

How can I do to solve this? :'(
Old 04-20-2005, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jannek' date='Apr 20 2005, 02:44 PM
I have tried to synchronize my Siemens S65 with the car but the phonebook doesn?t appear in the I-drive. On Monday I was travelling a long trip (3, 5 hours) and I had the phone in the snap-in adapter but the synchronization was not ready. My phonebook consist of approx 400 names.

How can I do to solve this?? :'(
[snapback]117623[/snapback]
Have you been following thebluetooth manual ?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i M Sport Model (manual), jet black, auburn Dakota leather, aluminium cube interior trim, anthracite headlining, De-chroming, M Original mirrors, M L/Alloy wheels Rims M6 Style 167: front 8,5*19, back 9,5*19. Tyres Goodyear F1-GS D3: front 245/30*19, back 275/30*19 , M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic body styling, M sport suspension, sport seats, M rear spoiler, Bi Xenon headlights (incl. H/Wash), Bluetooth telephone with Siemens S65 phone, Logic 7 HiFi system, No model description (debadged), park distance control, cup holders, rear heated seats, Cruise control, Remote Control alarm, Servotronic steering, smoking package, Through load system, trailer clutch, ski bag. Delivered April 15, 2005.

Yes! I have followed the instructions in the manual step by step. They are easy to understand and so I don?t think I have made any mistake. On Friday I will leave my car to my dealer and he will upgrade the cars software and the change the language on the Bluetooth girl to English. I hope that this will fix the problems.

Just wondering if the problem could be because of the big phonebook I have (approx 400 names)? If the problem still exists after software upgrade I will try deleting almost all entries in the phonebook.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

400 names!!! wow, you must be busy/popular around Arvika... Perhaps with that amount of names you might have to drive a little longer. My Motorola V3 with 100+ entries took an hour to replicate.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Members

These contacts in my phonebook are business contacts not living in Arvika.

In Arvika we only have approx 33 000 citizens and I don?t know 400 of them. :'(

Old 05-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Members

I really hope that someone can help me with this??

I?m still having problems to synchronize the phonebook over to the car. I can get over any names at all. I have tried to delete all entries in the phonebook and created a few new entries and tried to synchronize again with the car, but when I look in the car phonebook I can?t see any entries. When I look at the phone it shows the symbol for synchronization.

I have talked to my dealer but they don?t understand the problem and it seems like they don?t have competence about this. My car has the latest software version 16.2.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Are there any specific software/firmware updates for ur phone? I am not a Siemens user, but do know many of the phones get updates as well and that may keep u from being compatible with BMW now. Maybe someone knows the Siemens update process and working status. Maybe try the Siemens web site for update info as well.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Members

I had a similar issue with a Motorola A630, except that the phone book had appeared just fine until I got a CIP upgrade and it no longer appeared.

It turned out that after CIP 16.1 was added to my car, bluetooth would only load numbers that were saved directly to the phone, and NOT those that were saved to the SIM card.

Pre-16.1 numbers saved just on the SIM card loaded just fine, so obviously one of BMW's "fixes" screwed up the phonebook. Only took a few minutes to save the numbers to the phone, though, and now everything is fine.

I'm guessing that with 400 numbers they are already saved to your phone, but you may want to check this out.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' date='Apr 20 2005, 02:17 PM
400 names!!! wow, you must be busy/popular around Arvika... Perhaps with that amount of names you might have to drive a little longer. My Motorola V3 with 100+ entries took an hour to replicate.
[snapback]117768[/snapback]
With my Treo 650, my list of 40 names (favorites on the Treo) transfers the first time in about 30 seconds...additions are added on in about the same time but the original unchanged entries remain listed.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Contributors

the 400 name thing is the problem, I have been told that the sync has problems if you have more then 200 names

Quick Reply: Problems with Bluetooth synchronisation