Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Pre-March 04 build E60 Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called my dealer last week on this matter (My 530i has a build date of 2/04) and he told me the BT sofware fix for this build date was still not available. Taking car in for seat heater fix next week and I will ask again.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i, Orient Blue, bought used with 22000 miles. Grey lether, sport package, BMW Assist, Cold Weather package. Xenons. NOT premium for some reason, I do like the metal finish vs. the wood, but do miss the garage opener.

My car is in shop for 2 full days now. They are "researching" what to do about BOTH the AUX Audio input (no sound) and the Bluetooth. I have NO idea why it takes so long. It was in for 2 days during the first install so this make 4 days total. So far they have not told me they can't install bluetooth so I am going to raise hell if they come back and say I have to pay $2000 for it. I am going to kick my feet and roll on the floor until they give it to me for free.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by bobrillings' date='Apr 3 2005, 12:40 PM
I called my dealer last week on this matter (My 530i has a build date of 2/04) and he told me the BT sofware fix for this build date was still not available. Taking car in for seat heater fix next week and I will ask again.
[snapback]110577[/snapback]

The fix is actually hardware related and not software. The TCU installed up to about the end of the first week of march 04 production is incompatible with Assist and BT. You undoubtedly will require a new TCU to make BT work on your car.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wrlominick' date='Apr 7 2005, 04:28 PM
My car is in shop for 2 full days now.? They are "researching" what to do about BOTH the AUX Audio input (no sound) and the Bluetooth.? I have NO idea why it takes so long.? It was in for 2 days during the first install so this make 4 days total.? So far they have not told me they can't install bluetooth so I am going to raise hell if they come back and say I have to pay $2000 for it.? I am going to kick my feet and roll on the floor until they give it to me for free.
[snapback]112527[/snapback]
Try holding your breath too...
Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i, Orient Blue, bought used with 22000 miles. Grey lether, sport package, BMW Assist, Cold Weather package. Xenons. NOT premium for some reason, I do like the metal finish vs. the wood, but do miss the garage opener.

On the 4th day the dealer said "it needs a new TCU". And he was right and it was good. I tested it and it works, and all I have had to pay is the software install charge.

It's still in the shop though cause they can't get the AUX AUDIO INPUT to make sound. They called BMW and got new wiring diagram, but that did not work either. I think they have given up cause they washed it and wanted to give it to me, but I said, keep it till it's done. I'm driving a 525 loaner, so even swap.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wrlominick' date='Apr 8 2005, 08:07 PM
On the 4th day the dealer said "it needs a new TCU".? And he was right and it was good.? I tested it and it works, and all I have had to pay is the software install charge.?

It's still in the shop though cause they can't get the AUX AUDIO INPUT to make sound.? They called BMW and got new wiring diagram, but that did not work either.? I think they have given up cause they washed it and wanted to give it to me, but I said, keep it till it's done.? I'm driving a 525 loaner, so even swap.
[snapback]113157[/snapback]
Am I reading this correctly You got your TCU replaced for free (under warranty) and all you had to pay for was the software upgrade?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Members

That's correct. They still haven't either admited they were wrong or realized they were wrong. They are still saying the SW should have made it work. I did tell them numerous times that it needed a TCU and this whole thing started when I finally decided to spring for the $500-$700 TCU. I brought it in for the TCU and they said "good news! you don't need one!"

Anyway, long story short, they put it in under warranty (minus the SW upgrade).

You think if I write a letter regarding the (going on 6 days) in the shop for the BT and AUX Audio they will give me back my SW install fee?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wrlominick' date='Apr 9 2005, 09:11 AM
That's correct.? They still haven't either admited they were wrong or realized they were wrong.? They are still saying the SW should have made it work.? I did tell them numerous times that it needed a TCU and this whole thing started when I finally decided to spring for the $500-$700 TCU.? I brought it in for the TCU and they said "good news!? you don't need one!"?

Anyway, long story short, they put it in under warranty (minus the SW upgrade).?

You think if I write a letter regarding the (going on 6 days) in the shop for the BT and AUX Audio they will give me back my SW install fee?
[snapback]113324[/snapback]
I would just enjoy the fact that you squeeked it in under warranty...you're one of few. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 04-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Members

LOL, yep. I think that would definately fall under the "pushing your luck" category. I hope they can figure out the Aux Audio. I wonder if they have the wrong cable part number. I feel like I need to go spend a day in the shop and help them out. They don't seem too bright and not much on reading directions, but I guess that has worked to my advantage on the TCU, so good with the bad.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by wrlominick' date='Apr 9 2005, 08:33 AM
LOL, yep.? I think that would definately fall under the "pushing your luck" category.? I hope they can figure out the Aux Audio.? I wonder if they have the wrong cable part number.? I feel like I need to go spend a day in the shop and help them out.? They don't seem too bright and not much on reading directions, but I guess that has worked to my advantage on the TCU, so good with the bad.
[snapback]113330[/snapback]
Congrats on your good fortune with the TCU replacement.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I have found that I need to have the volume on the input device (in my case an ipod) turned up to the maximum in order to get adequate volume on the car's sound system. Is the shop aware of this?

Quick Reply: Pre-March 04 build E60 Bluetooth