Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Please help with E63 Bluetooth Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Hamann roof/trunk spoiler Savini Forged 3-piece SV4 22' wheels M6 Sideskirts/Mirrors/Headlights 12000k Xenon
Thumbs up

Rudy and other Bluetooth experts, need your help.

I have requested my dealer to update my 645 so that I can use the bluetooth. Guys, I have got every excuse from this dealer to the hardware isn't there to it will not work, etc etc. My car is a 03/04 build and all of the stuff I have read on here points to this working. My dealer has NOT attempted to update the software, or look to see if I have the proper equipment. I finally got out of the service assistant that sometimes when they upgrade this, other systems get screwed up so they are hesitant. I recieved this email from them this morning, does any of this make sense????

"The tech indicated to me that the car was right on the 03/08 production limit. We can try to retrofit Bluetooth in the main module. It would cost 550$ and we can?t guarantee it will work due to the fact that the car might not be equipped with the proper antennas. We would need the car for at least 2 days."

Any suggestions guys???

thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

You need the CPT9000 cradle and BTUM module for bluetooth to work in your car. Do a search in this forum for BTUM and you'll find all you need to give to the dealer.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Although Lomag's suggestion to use the BTUM should work, if your car was produced on or after 3/04, you should show the dealer a copy of the following bulletin. Pay particular attention to item #4 where it describes that only a software update is needed on cars produced between 3/04 and 8/04.

I understand the dealer's reluctance in doing this because historically, these software updates crash quite often and in many cases a new TCU is needed after the crash...

Good luck...

BT_TSB_3_2005.pdf
Old 08-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Members

My Ride: Hamann roof/trunk spoiler Savini Forged 3-piece SV4 22' wheels M6 Sideskirts/Mirrors/Headlights 12000k Xenon

Thanks Rudy, it took the software fine, they are saying the mic was not hooked up to the TCU. I will find out tommorow if they corrected this.

Scott
Old 08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Members

This mornings update

Scott

Thanks for the email. We were hoping we didn?t have to replace your TCU.

We cannot get your microphone to work though. We have another 645 here that has the TCU you need, we will try that one to make sure it works before I ask you if you want to buy a new $2100 TCU.

Should we do that?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Members

Does this information help?

Bimmernav announces the availability of a Bluetooth system for the New Body style BMWs including the E60, E63, and E90.

This kit includes BMW Original Parts including the necessary trim pieces specific to installing the eject box in your BMW Series center console arm rest. These Bluetooth retrofit kits take about an hour to install and are similar to our other very successful Bluetooth retrofit kits for older BMWs. Once you install the BMW Bluetooth retrofit in your car, it will operate exactly as it should have if you purchased (or had the option for) Bluetooth originally in your New Body Style BMW. Kits come complete with detailed installation documentation and technical support of your installation.

Basic installation photos http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_new_Bluetooth...structions.html

General Information and operational photos http://www.bimmernav.com/newstyle.html

Online ordering page http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/pro...products_id=102

Example Photos of each series supported shown below.

Finished Look in the E60 with optional RAZR snap in

http://www.bimmernav.com/images/finished.jpg

Finished Look in the E63 5 Series with optional Siemens snap in

http://www.bimmernav.com/images/e63bt.jpg

If you live in or around the Austin, Tx area, we are happy to help you install the kit in your car.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Members

It was corrected with the updated TCU

Scott