Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Please clarify CPT9000 and Bluetooth!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Audi Q7 S-Line full full full

Hi! this is my first post here!

Please clarify this for me! I have read all posting for the last month about CPT9000 and Bluetooth.

My car is a 530d 30/04/04 with CIP 21.xx and CPT9000 telephone, assist, telematic and teleservice. (German delivery, and named: Car telephone Professional SA638 )

My dealer can?t get the Bluetooth working with any Bluetooth mobile phones,
I gave them the this: ?Service Information bulletin SI B84 13 04? that I found on this forum.

?For E60/63/64 vehicles produced from 3/04 to 8/04, Bluetooth functionality can be added to most of these vehicles by updating the vehicle software using CIP 13.2 or higher. After this is performed "Retrofit" of "Tel Bluetooth" needs to be performed.?

"Retrofit" of "Tel Bluetooth" on my vehicle doesn?t mean install BTUM?
That is only for earlier models before 3/04, Right?

The dealer say that Bluetooth is active, and they can pair lots of different telephones in the ?Bluetooth menu in the communication settings menu?, but can?t make calls or receive calls.

The CPT9000 is still active and working, but I have read that CPT9000 and Bluetooth can?t be active at the same time, but how do they inactivate CPT9000?
They have very little experience on this subject, I think.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You seem to have done your homework.

I don't know the specifics of the programming steps but it's clear that the dealer didn't do it properly. If BT programming is done properly, the CPT9000 will not work. Also, you won't need the BTUM at all since you're car is able to be upgraded to "native" BT with just the software. (The BTUM is used for older cars that can't have BT without a TCU change.)

Get the dealer to get BMW involved -- maybe with a PuMA case -- until they figure it out...
Old 05-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='289190' date='May 29 2006, 04:21 PM
You seem to have done your homework.

I don't know the specifics of the programming steps but it's clear that the dealer didn't do it properly. If BT programming is done properly, the CPT9000 will not work. Also, you won't need the BTUM at all since you're car is able to be upgraded to "native" BT with just the software. (The BTUM is used for older cars that can't have BT without a TCU change.)

Get the dealer to get BMW involved -- maybe with a PuMA case -- until they figure it out...
Thanks Rudy! I hope they will find a solution soon!

Anyone else knows the right menu and command in progman?

I?m a computer technician so I tried to help the mechanics to search in the different menus, but there?s lot of menus and options, and they where afraid of doing mistakes.

Upgrading CIP and retrofit MP3 took about 12 hours, due to failure at first programming attempt, and progman equipment is very slow.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

i have a sept 03 build date, and just had bluetooth retrofited i brought the BTUM cradle and eject kit but dealer could not get it to work. So they opened up numerous puma's and then finally they got it to work with a tcu change and and the car info on a floppy that gets loaded when the car is reprogramed it took two months and lots of emails back and fro to germany but it worked it seems that once something is coded or removed it can not be reinalized back thus the floppy came into play.

[color=#3366FF]BTUM cradle and eject kit still for sale at a discount come one come all
Old 05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by buddy' post='289751' date='May 30 2006, 04:33 PM
i have a sept 03 build date, and just had bluetooth retrofited i brought the BTUM cradle and eject kit but dealer could not get it to work. So they opened up numerous puma's and then finally they got it to work with a tcu change and and the car info on a floppy that gets loaded when the car is reprogramed it took two months and lots of emails back and fro to germany but it worked it seems that once something is coded or removed it can not be reinalized back thus the floppy came into play.
[color=#3366FF]BTUM cradle and eject kit still for sale at a discount come one come all
Buddy: That sounds bad, I hope I don?t need a TCU exchange, but in case I need a BTUM I know you have one, thanks, how much for it?

In case that they manage to successful ?retrofit Bluetooth? without any BTUM, is there a ?simple? cradle and eject kit in stead of CPT9000, for sale at BMW?
I know that there is ?snap-in adapters? for different Mobile phones.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Was not really that bad just being without your car for so long is a bummer, complete kit for 325 paid 490 for it BTUM will seel for 180 paid 225 for it good luck any more info hit me up and i can forward you to my dealer that fixed mine they were great and it was completely under warrenty it should be free.