Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Which 'Phone's best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i M Sport Touring (E61): Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

In June I will take delivery of my new E61 with Bluetooth Prep as part of the media package. By coincidence I'm also due an upgrade for my mobile (cell) 'phone from my provider, O2. Can anyone advise, from their own experiences, which 'phone model will integrate best with the BMW Bluetooth system. I want to make the best choice of new 'phone for use with the BMW bluetooth, using it for making & receiving calls, 'phone book searches ect. Integrated cameras & MP3 players in the 'phone are not particulary important to me.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='274954' date='Apr 27 2006, 11:24 PM
In June I will take delivery of my new E61 with Bluetooth Prep as part of the media package. By coincidence I'm also due an upgrade for my mobile (cell) 'phone from my provider, O2. Can anyone advise, from their own experiences, which 'phone model will integrate best with the BMW Bluetooth system. I want to make the best choice of new 'phone for use with the BMW bluetooth, using it for making & receiving calls, 'phone book searches ect. Integrated cameras & MP3 players in the 'phone are not particulary important to me.
SE 750i works perfectly every time loads the contact list but I don't think there is a charger for it yet maybe in Germany
Old 04-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='274954' date='Apr 28 2006, 03:54 AM
go with nokia, why reinvent the wheel..no charger issues, no issues with phone book navigation etc. all nokias that i have seen sync easily with the bmw bluetooth. nokia n70 is a popular model over here in India dont know whether it is available over there.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='274954' date='Apr 28 2006, 12:24 AM

In my experience (Samsung Z510, Siemens, Motorola) Motorola is the best, considering that BMW Bluetooth hardware was developed jointly with Motorola.

I tried V3i and SLVR L7 both fully in compliance.
Adding on that now it is available a cradle too for V3.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Members

My Ride: MY06 Silver-Grey 530i, Grey Leather, Sports Package, Steptronic, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth (Motorola V551), Llumar Platinum Tint.

Integrates easily with Motorola V551/V557. Took about 2 minutes to integrate with my phone.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Members

SE 750i works perfectly every time loads the contact list ...........
Not in my experience - to get it to load the full contact list to my April 2006 E60 I had to delete all SMS folders (following advice from other forum threads). Even now there are problems - pairing up is fine but performance is erratic - sometimes I cannot dial out from the car or answer the phone using the handsfree facilities - frequent disconnection and re-connection being needed to establish a (short-term) working link.

Anyone else having problems with the SE 750i?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='274954' date='Apr 27 2006, 11:24 PM

Nokia 6230i is the best phone for compatibility plus you get the upside of being able to buy a charger off BMW. Functionally works great and does everything it should. I also have a new Nokia 8800 which does not work with E60, nor is there a charger available.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

[quote name='General' date='Apr 28 2006, 10:55 PM' post='275378']
Not in my experience - to get it to load the full contact list to my April 2006 E60 I had to delete all SMS folders (following advice from other forum threads). Even now there are problems - pairing up is fine but performance is erratic - sometimes I cannot dial out from the car or answer the phone using the handsfree facilities - frequent disconnection and re-connection being needed to establish a (short-term) working link.

Anyone else having problems with the SE 750i?
[/quot
Are you sure you'r not talking about the K700i it had these problems but the K750i is perfect for me only once did it not load the address book and I just reinstalled it but hey your experience is just that, as is mine so I'll keep using it and you won't
Old 05-02-2006, 03:47 AM
Members

Are you sure you'r not talking about the K700i it had these problems but the K750i is perfect for me only once did it not load the address book and I just reinstalled it but hey your experience is just that, as is mine so I'll keep using it and you won't
No - the SE K750i it is - as shown below.

Which 'Phone's best?-750i.jpg

My problem might be related to the CIP version installed - the car was delivered new only last week and I am already aware of other glitches present in very recent cars (eg satnav postcode entry problem) which other users are also experiencing.

Will persevere though and eventually win!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by General' post='276842' date='May 2 2006, 12:47 PM
No - the SE K750i it is - as shown below.

Attachment 18488

My problem might be related to the CIP version installed - the car was delivered new only last week and I am already aware of other glitches present in very recent cars (eg satnav postcode entry problem) which other users are also experiencing.

Will persevere though and eventually win!!!
Good on ya, I was thinking of getting a software upgrade but decided against it for the same reason I'm on 19.2