Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Phone question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007 | 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Ok, following up on a post in the Bluetooth sub-forum, where only Rudy responded (Thx Rudy!). I have a Samsung A900 which following a software udate, pairs up with my new 550, downloads the phone book and is basically working as advertised. My problem, and I don't know if it's a phone issue or a car issue, is that once the phone is paired, it works well until the car goes into sleep mode, when the phone gets deleted from the memory of paired devices. If I pair in the morning and run errands, the phone will re-pair very quickly upon re-start, but if the car sits for a longer period where it enters sleep mode like at work or overnight, the phone is lost from the car memory and I must start over. I did (with Rudy's help!) read through a number of posts about the A900 and some who have used it with modest success, and others who have had trouble. Most related to the phone pairing but not loading the phone book etc.

My dilemma is the car vs. phone issue question. Has anyone ever had the car forget their paired devices like mine is? Does it indicate a problem with the car or is it purely a phone issue? Before I start w/ the service department, thought I'd check here. Especially since the A900 is not on the "approved" phone list...
Old 11-12-2007 | 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Since it's Samsung it's probably the phone.

Move the SIM to another phone and see if you have the same problem. That is the acid test.
Old 11-12-2007 | 04:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='493475' date='Nov 12 2007, 07:36 PM
Since it's Samsung it's probably the phone.

Move the SIM to another phone and see if you have the same problem. That is the acid test.
That's what I'm afraid of as well, just trying to get some confirmation. Could not find anyone else with a similar issue, all Samsung issues related more to not downloading the phone book or simple inability to pair though some of the non-pairing issue seemed to be software related. I too had initial issues pairing but a software update has it working fine, now I just face the sleep-mode issue. And having dealt with my service department for 4 years now, I know what there answer will be... "not on the approved list"
Old 11-12-2007 | 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='493479' date='Nov 12 2007, 08:49 PM
That's what I'm afraid of as well, just trying to get some confirmation. Could not find anyone else with a similar issue, all Samsung issues related more to not downloading the phone book or simple inability to pair though some of the non-pairing issue seemed to be software related. I too had initial issues pairing but a software update has it working fine, now I just face the sleep-mode issue. And having dealt with my service department for 4 years now, I know what there answer will be... "not on the approved list"
Well, if you were closer by, I would tell you to stop and we could test with a battery of phones.

But the Samsung crash I experienced in Beewang's Cabrio at the Welt made me very nervous about Samsung, esp. when the Welt employee said that the Techniker wants to know if we are using a Samsung Handy.
Old 11-12-2007 | 04:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='493480' date='Nov 12 2007, 07:51 PM
Well, if you were closer by, I would tell you to stop and we could test with a battery of phones.

But the Samsung crash I experienced in Beewang's Cabrio at the Welt made me very nervous about Samsung, esp. when the Welt employee said that the Techniker wants to know if we are using a Samsung Handy.
Jonathan, I had forgotten your story about Beewang. Oh well, was trying to avoid buying a new phone. Danke sch?n!
Old 11-12-2007 | 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I still think you should be able to find someone else with a BT phone to try out. Another option, depending on your carrier, is to get a new phone with the understanding that you may be returning it if it doesn't work well with the car. This way, you can have an extended test with different hardware...
Old 11-13-2007 | 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='493494' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:24 PM
I still think you should be able to find someone else with a BT phone to try out. Another option, depending on your carrier, is to get a new phone with the understanding that you may be returning it if it doesn't work well with the car. This way, you can have an extended test with different hardware...

Great idea Rudy - I believe most carriers give you 30 days to return a phone.
Old 11-13-2007 | 12:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 e60 m/sport auto diesel carbon black black leather 19" m/sport alloys black glass piano wood bluetooth prof nav hi fi with logic extended light pack loads more.

I HAVE HAD ALL MANNER OF PROBLEMS WITH THE BLUETOOTH-AUTOGEARBOX-DISPLAY-LACK OF POWER, THANKFULLY IT HAS NOW BEEN SORTED (SO FAR) MY DEALER SUGGESTED FITTING A NEW....WAIT FOR IT......STARTER MOTOR..BLOODY IDIOT I THOUGHT BUT HEY, ITS UNDER WARRANTY SO LET EM DO IT. WELL THE RESULTS ARE AMAZING. THE PHONE HAS PERFORMED PERFECTLY, NO DROP OUT OF BLUETOOTH, NO LOST CALLS, THE GEARBOX FEELS LIKE ITS ALWAYS IN SPORT MODE NOW AND SHIFTS DOWN TO 1ST GEAR UN AIDED, IT PULLS AWAY LIKE NEVER BEFORE. I HOPE THIS IS THE END OF MY ISSUES. OH, AND THE STARTER SPINS SO FAST IT FIRES INSTANTLY AGAIN, UNLIKE NEVER BEFORE. I HAVE COVERED 40K MILES IN 10 MONTHS THE CARS A 530D M/SPORT 2006
[/quote]
Old 11-13-2007 | 12:58 PM
Contributors

Firstly, welcome to the board. Secondly, your CAPS LOCK KEY appears to be broken.
Old 11-13-2007 | 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='493854' date='Nov 13 2007, 04:58 PM
Firstly, welcome to the board. Secondly, your CAPS LOCK KEY appears to be broken.
From my perspective, the CAPS LOCK key is working perfectly...

Quick Reply: Phone question...