Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Which phone has full BT and Outlook compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [b]1993 Toyota Supra MKIV (6-speed Targa top) - SP67DBB Single Turbo[/b]

I am getting a bit tired of the crappy call quality with my current phone and the Parrot CK3100 carkit in my BMW. I now have an Eten M500 Pocket PC Phone which does not work with the BMW Bluetooth.

I am looking for a phone that BMW has a cradle for and that has full compatibilty with the BMW Bluetooth kit so phonebook (not SIMcard!) transfer etc. (SMS not needed) but also has to sync flawlessly with Microsoft Outlook.
Since I have been using Pocket PC phones for a couple of years now my knowledge of regular phones is not up to date. Does for example a Nokia 6230i sync with Outlook? So if I have several phone numbers attached to one person will the phone show these and will all these numbers also be transferred to the BMW?

What alternatives are there?
Old 10-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Members

Angry

Thanks for asking because I have the same problem with i-mate and I didnt find the answer yet ...so I will wait for somebody to answer us our question!.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Members

6230i syncs well with outlook. It currently does not fully work with the car though, only showing primary number for each contact.

There are claims that new windows mobile 5 devices will work with BMW E60. I would hang on and see what happens there over the next month as these devices hit the street. You won't get a cradle for them though.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Members

I've now switched to the Treo 650 which has less than perfect BT. The Outlook sync is great. The best BT phone I've had is the SE 610/616. It has a cradle and syncs well with Outlook provided you use the app downloaded from the SE website.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:33 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by jckrauskopf' date='Oct 8 2005, 01:16 AM
I've now switched to the Treo 650 which has less than perfect BT.? The Outlook sync is great.? The best BT phone I've had is the SE 610/616.? It has a cradle and syncs well with Outlook provided you use the app downloaded from the SE website.
[snapback]181207[/snapback]
Have you made sure your Treo 650 has the latest firmware? Bluetooth was greatly improved in the latest versions...

http://www.palm.com/us/support/
Old 10-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Members

Be warned on the T610, I ran out of space syncing with outlook 18 months ago, it doesn't have very much memory.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Members

Yes, I have the latest Treo 650 firmware (Cingular in my case) and I still find it a bit troublesome (especially not being able to have extra didgits in phone numbers). I never see numbers in "received" calls but instead they're in "missed calls."

The 610/616 does have limted memory but I never found it a problem as I set one of user fields to "download" for the entries I wanted on my phone and then filtered on this key in the synchronization software.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My recently "drowned" SonyEricsson S710a used to do all those things except there was no BMW cradle. This did not bother me because I charged the phone at home every night and the reception was good enough without being hardwired to the car's antenna. Besides, if I have to take the phone out of it's case on my belt and put it in the cradle it might as well be a regular non-Bluetooth phone. I just don't like putting the phone on and taking it off the cradle everytime I get in or out of the car.

The S710a downloaded all my contacts in Outlook VIA the IR port and put it in the phone's memory (not in the SIM card). Then it transfered the phone numbers to iDrive within a couple of minutes when it connected with the car. I kind of wish that I had saved the phone book in the SIM card as well as the phone because when the phone died after being in the swiming pool for 15 minutes I lost all my newly added phone numbers that were not in Outlook yet, however, the SIM card survived the underwater experience.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Nokia 6230 (firmware 5.44) syncs very well with my Microsoft Outlook and my BMW Phonebook. Ofcourse, just like any other bluetooth phone synching with BMW, it displays multiple contact names if you have stored multiple phone numbers for each contact in your phone. People in the forum have suggested workaround for storing names.

I personally dont care for a cradle. I have good signal in my car and my phone is always charged when I step into my car. Infact, I dont even takeout the phone from my trouser pocket and I still get to use the phone seamlessly when I am in the car because of the bluetooth
Old 10-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Members

I got a 6230i -BT works fine,good synch, only prob has already been mentioned: just 1 number per name. I only use the cradle for drives of >30 min - too much ado for shorter drives.

Quick Reply: Which phone has full BT and Outlook compatibility