Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

phone fixed

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI - I had an AT&T eject box and apparently there was a problem with the wiring. They replaced it and it works fine now. Before it would not stay sync'ed for more than a couple minutes, if it sync'ed at all. There was a bad production run. I bought mine in May if that helps.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Me too. I just had my eject box replaced and it seems to sync reliably now. Granted I've only used it for about an hour but during that time, I removed and reinserted the phone a half-dozen times. Each time, it synched up. Before, it would take me about a dozen times to get it to sync -- then, it would be a crap shoot whether or not anyone would be able to hear me on a call.

ky_soldier, did you get CIP version 12.x? There were some phone updates in that release (mine is 12.2) including a text-to-speech recognition where you simply say "dial name" and it will read the names stored in the phone. You don't have to teach it any voice tags like before.

Pretty cool, isn't it?
Old 07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

Rudy, mines going in for v.12 update, fuel line, and light bracket fix (rear damage fix end of aug.) Are you saying the voice names I've already stored in the phone are available and I don't have to re-program duplicate names into the I-drive?

Also voice recognition will no longer accept the number 4. Totally frustrating, I've been yelling the number four ten different ways and it will not recognize it. At first I thought it was my Boston accent, but I tried it with a southern drawl and it still won't accept it.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Jul 30 2004, 10:07 PM
Rudy, mines going in for v.12 update, fuel line, and light bracket fix (rear damage fix end of aug.) Are you saying the voice names I've already stored in the phone are available and I don't have to re-program duplicate names into the I-drive?

Also voice recognition will no longer accept the number 4. Totally frustrating, I've been yelling the number four ten different ways and it will not recognize it. At first I thought it was my Boston accent, but I tried it with a southern drawl and it still won't accept it.
You should be able to pronounce names just as they're spelled in the phone. No need to teach it any voice tags, etc. Hell even the phone can't do that! My problem now is I need to go back into the phone and change the way I have some names saved. For example, I used some people's initials instead of names -- the car will find them accurately if you pronounce the initials but if you spell them, it won't work. (Actually makes sense, doesn't it?)

As far as your '4' recognition problem, I haven't noticed it on mine but I remember reading that someone had good results saying "foe-er" instead. Give it a go and if not, wait until the upgrade. Maybe they tweaked something and it'll be more consistent (or maybe not).
Old 07-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

Maybe a stupid question here (hey that's what this forum is for right ), did they give you a new instruction manual, or sheet of paper telling you of this improvement?
Old 07-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Jul 30 2004, 10:15 PM
Maybe a stupid question here (hey that's what this forum is for right ), did they give you a new instruction manual, or sheet of paper telling you of this improvement?
No, it's not a stupid question...

Here's the stupid answer though:

Of course they didn't give us any documentation! It's BMW!! That's what this forum is for!!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Contributors

BMW must think we'll have much more fun if we figure it out on our own. I think they're right.

james
Old 07-31-2004, 12:44 AM

I am still on 11. Dealer told me that 12 didn't do much for the phone. I never really use the voice recognition, so never was a big deal. I am just happy to have it working now! Amazing what happens to your expectations when your stds are lowered. :-)