Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Phone book not transferring

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I have a BB Bold and an iPhone 4, both of which I have paired to my 2010 550i. About a week ago, both phones stopped transferring contacts over to my vehicle, although the phone book transfer function worked fine before.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

-TA
Old 10-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Contributors

Have you had any phone firmware updates lately?

I'm sure you already unpaired your phone (both @ car and on phone) and then re-initiated BT pairing as if it were new? If not, try that - remember delete BT profiles from both phone AND car.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Have you had any phone firmware updates lately?

I'm sure you already unpaired your phone (both @ car and on phone) and then re-initiated BT pairing as if it were new? If not, try that - remember delete BT profiles from both phone AND car.
Thanks for the reply!

No firmware updates recently.

I unpaired my phone on the car, but *not* on the phone. I will try that next.

Appreciate your help!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver 08 550 sport

Go into your bluetooth setting on your iphone after its connected and click on the arrow, it will give you an option for transferring contacts over to your vehicle.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by Taylor
Hi all,

I just posted this to the Bluetooth and Cell Phone forum, but as an active user of this site, I almost never go to that forum...I'm hopeful posting here as well isn't too significant a breach of forum etiquette!

I have a BB Bold and an iPhone 4, both of which I have paired to my 2010 550i. About a week ago, both phones stopped transferring contacts over to my vehicle, which is odd because the phone book transfer function worked fine before.

Any ideas as to what I should do? In searching the forums, the most common suggestion is to unpair and then re-pair my phones, which I've already done with no success.

Thanks in advance.

-TA

by chance did you recently add a new contact to the phones? if so, any special characters in their names? that will trip up the download. so will having two names with exactly the same number, although i've heard that one but not been able to duplicate it.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by 545felix
by chance did you recently add a new contact to the phones? if so, any special characters in their names? that will trip up the download. so will having two names with exactly the same number, although i've heard that one but not been able to duplicate it.
Interesting - but I don't think that's the problem. I never had a problem getting the phone book to load from my old Samsung cellphone. But I've had fits trying to get it to load from my new Pantech. I can get it to work the first time I set up the bluetooth pair but it never works after - my phone book was copied with no changes.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

These pairings are cut and dry, either they work or the don't. I would delete your phone entry and then pair again.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Taylor
Hi all,

I have a BB Bold and an iPhone 4, both of which I have paired to my 2010 550i. About a week ago, both phones stopped transferring contacts over to my vehicle, although the phone book transfer function worked fine before.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

-TA
Don't know if you've resolved this, but I've successfully paired a 3GS and now my iPhone 4. However, several weeks ago, it stopped transferring the contact list, although I could still dial manually and receive calls through Bluetooth. The symptom was the rotating circle on the display, next to the signal strength. After a long while it gives up. It's only in the past week that I realised the 'event' that caused it to stop working. Several weeks ago, I added a 2nd email account to my iPhone 4. It was my corporate email and with that comes my corporate contact list (> 100,000 employees). As soon as I deleted my coporate email account on the phone, returning it back to one email account (with about 1,500 contacts), it's all working again.

So, no idea if it's the second account, the volume of contacts, or what, but thought this might be useful.

Cheers,
Old 05-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Members

i had a similar problem as yours. i'm still using the same phone but the phone book doesnt work and the idrive shows appears to be connected to a phone call when i'm actually not.

reset the BT profiles on both car and phone several times with no success. i did have the firmware updated but it was working fine after the upgrade. just stopped working when i disabled BT on my phone and enabled again...

anyone have a fix to this?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by phocker
i had a similar problem as yours. i'm still using the same phone but the phone book doesnt work and the idrive shows appears to be connected to a phone call when i'm actually not.

reset the BT profiles on both car and phone several times with no success. i did have the firmware updated but it was working fine after the upgrade. just stopped working when i disabled BT on my phone and enabled again...

anyone have a fix to this?

Trying to keep this thread alive as I am having the same problem AFTER it working OK for several days. I have been through the contacts over and over again. Cleaning it up (missing last names on a few) is what solved the problem the first time, but it has since stopped transferring contacts to iDrive and no matter what I do, it won't come back! It seems odd to me that this is repeatable with so many different phone models (mine is a myTouch 4g) and that the symptom is that it breaks after working once. Un-pairing and re-pairing works every time. Is there a firmware update for the iDrive or something??

Super Frustrating!