Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Palm Pre fixes Address Book Transfer to Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MR2004 545

Good News! The new Palm Pre Update 1.3.5, must have addressed the problem of transferring the address book to the car's computer/display. After installing the update, I tried the connection between the phone and the car. Voila. The directory transferred!

One thing I've learned over the past couple of months while the directory wasn't transferring: Using the Pre's speed dial makes placing a call to your most called numbers a whole lot easier while driving.

A combination of the address book access and speed dialing should make calling while driving a whole lot simpler (probably safer too).

I still wonder why Palm doesn't repeat the Palm Treo feature of "favorites". Those 75 contacts transferred easily with just a name and a selected phone number. In the current Palm Pre system, it transfers every phone number available for each contact in your address book! Way too much unnecessary informaiton while you're driving. There should be an "app for that" if Palm won't do it themselves!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Members

I hope so...its been frustrating to say the least. I'm downloading the update now. Will try on my way home.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Members

OK...tried it on the way home and it works, it actually worked.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i

AHA....for the past two days my address book has been working flawlessly, unlike before where it was a hit and miss. Makes sense, since my phone took an upgrade on Tue.

Originally Posted by Dandager' post='1081296' date='Dec 29 2009, 02:18 PM
Good News! The new Palm Pre Update 1.3.5, must have addressed the problem of transferring the address book to the car's computer/display. After installing the update, I tried the connection between the phone and the car. Voila. The directory transferred!

One thing I've learned over the past couple of months while the directory wasn't transferring: Using the Pre's speed dial makes placing a call to your most called numbers a whole lot easier while driving.

A combination of the address book access and speed dialing should make calling while driving a whole lot simpler (probably safer too).

I still wonder why Palm doesn't repeat the Palm Treo feature of "favorites". Those 75 contacts transferred easily with just a name and a selected phone number. In the current Palm Pre system, it transfers every phone number available for each contact in your address book! Way too much unnecessary informaiton while you're driving. There should be an "app for that" if Palm won't do it themselves!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i Manual Sport
Model Year: 2007
Engine: 4.8 L N62 V8

Originally Posted by Dandager' post='1081296' date='Dec 29 2009, 02:18 PM

Yep, updated this morning and i finally got my address book uploaded to the car!!!! NICE!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Members

Hi all.
Guys i am thinking of buying a new palm smart phone having some elegant skin on it, So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing palm pre skins?

palm pre skins
Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Members

THE LATEST UPDATE JUST MESSED IT UP AGAIN....ANYONE HAVE ANY FIXES
Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by AMP04
THE LATEST UPDATE JUST MESSED IT UP AGAIN....ANYONE HAVE ANY FIXES
Are you talking about the 1.4 update? I think this is an awesome update for the phone (includes video FINALLY!) but yes, my phone keeps disconnecting while on bluetooth. I have to literally pick up the phone. Not only that but I think my list is blank too. I'll have to check later to see if it's still there. I had to pair my palm twice to the car but still... BTW this last update took nearly an hour to download and install.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Members

OK I have a Palm Pre and it's doing the same thing! Anyone else know what to do about it? Mine won't load the address book anymore and it also drops after being on the phone for a minute or so...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by kentrob11
OK I have a Palm Pre and it's doing the same thing! Anyone else know what to do about it? Mine won't load the address book anymore and it also drops after being on the phone for a minute or so...
Still the same problem here... my phone no longer can pair with the car no matter how many times I try. Solutions anyone?

On a seperate note, anyone having issues with the TouchStone charger such as overcharging and killing the battery. This has happened to me twice already. After an hour or so on the charger my damn phone's backside was piping hot! Next thing I know my phone is dead every morning. Sprint has replaced one battery so far at no charge. Lets see what they say about this...

Quick Reply: Palm Pre fixes Address Book Transfer to Car!!