Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia N95

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='421191' date='May 4 2007, 05:25 PM
All I can say is go out and buy one and then decide for yourself. For me it's the best phone I've owned so far (have had, 8800, K750i, K800i, P800, 900, 910, 900i, N70, Moto V3 and many more I cant even remember!).

Now back to the topic - HAS ANYONE PAIRED THIS YET!!!??
Yes, I have managed to pair the Nokia N95 and also to upload the address book to my 54 reg E60 545i. I came across a thread linked to the Nokia Europe website http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 which allows you to download the sisx file to your N95. The N95 is not mentioned explicitly but the Nokia web advisor reckons it should do the trick.

You need to start the application that is downloaded, having unpaired and then re-paired your phone to your BMW beforehand. The software application should then start up and you then go into your address book and mark the numbers you want to upload. You can then send these as a business card. I didn't manage to get all the numbers to load up - it looks like I hit a load timeout or a file space problem. However, the majority did load up and I can scroll through contacts, make calls etc

It took a few attempts to crack this one, but persevere - it DOES work. And lets face it - what's the point of spending your hard earned on bluetooth telematics if you then have to buy additional kit? I'm going to try and figure out why all the numbers didn't load - more (hopefully) to follow...
Old 06-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M-sport, carbon black, beige leather.

Originally Posted by bluemogganer545' post='432123' date='Jun 5 2007, 06:21 PM
Yes, I have managed to pair the Nokia N95 and also to upload the address book to my 54 reg E60 545i. I came across a thread linked to the Nokia Europe website http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 which allows you to download the sisx file to your N95. The N95 is not mentioned explicitly but the Nokia web advisor reckons it should do the trick.

You need to start the application that is downloaded, having unpaired and then re-paired your phone to your BMW beforehand. The software application should then start up and you then go into your address book and mark the numbers you want to upload. You can then send these as a business card. I didn't manage to get all the numbers to load up - it looks like I hit a load timeout or a file space problem. However, the majority did load up and I can scroll through contacts, make calls etc

It took a few attempts to crack this one, but persevere - it DOES work. And lets face it - what's the point of spending your hard earned on bluetooth telematics if you then have to buy additional kit? I'm going to try and figure out why all the numbers didn't load - more (hopefully) to follow...
Nice one. Your tip has worked for me.

If I try it again after making updates in my phone will my car recognise the entries that already exist or will I run the risk of getting duplicate entries on the car kit. I suppose if that happens I just delete all entries from the car and start again.

It's not quite the autosynchronisation I had hoped for but it will do the job for now.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Guy's which one did you download - theres loads on there?

Whats the exact name of the file to be downloaded - there's 10 in total - which one is it??

Thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i M-sport, carbon black, beige leather.

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='432975' date='Jun 7 2007, 12:56 PM
Guy's which one did you download - theres loads on there?

Whats the exact name of the file to be downloaded - there's 10 in total - which one is it??

Thanks
I used the one ending in .sisx. it is the second one on the list.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Thanks eddgould.

Before downloading this I wanted to check:

1) Was your phone being paired to your car before you downloaded this or was it this program update that enabled you to pair your phone?

2) Or is this just a programe to enable you to send your contacts to your idrive?

My problem is that I can't pair the phone to the idrive so will this help me?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by eddgould' post='432650' date='Jun 6 2007, 11:27 AM
Nice one. Your tip has worked for me.

If I try it again after making updates in my phone will my car recognise the entries that already exist or will I run the risk of getting duplicate entries on the car kit. I suppose if that happens I just delete all entries from the car and start again.

It's not quite the autosynchronisation I had hoped for but it will do the job for now.
Hi

Glad to hear that this is working for others also. I've not had a chance to tinker with the car/phone set-up this week as I've been on holiday. But, I do know from the first few attempts at loading the address book that the address book details came over bit at a time at first due to reception problems and did not create duplicates. If you want to clear out the car's address book then it should simply be a case of unpairing the phone.

Regards
Bluemogganer
Old 06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='433370' date='Jun 8 2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks eddgould.

Before downloading this I wanted to check:

1) Was your phone being paired to your car before you downloaded this or was it this program update that enabled you to pair your phone?

2) Or is this just a programe to enable you to send your contacts to your idrive?

My problem is that I can't pair the phone to the idrive so will this help me?
Hi

The phone would pair to the car prior to the software download of the push file from Nokia to my N95. However, it did take a few attempts to get the phone to pair. What i noticed at the time (and I'm no phone expert so I can't give you an explanantion of why this would happen) was that the N95 would find a couple of bluetooth connections to pair to from people in the office's phones but not the BMW...even though I was sat in the car in the car park. When I tried again later in the day at a quieter time, the phone paired first time. So, I would recommend trying a good few times to pair the phone. My Nokia is still on the version 1 software (there is upgrade yet on Nokia that I'm aware of) and the car hasn't been recoded recently as far as I'm aware.

The program will allow you to push the address book data via bluetooth to your idrive. You should be able to pair prior to that. However, if you do so, you will then need to unpair and then re-pair once you have downloaded the software.

Best of luck - I would suggest that BMW check your E60 software levels if you still cannot pair up.

Regards
Bluemogganer545
Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Members

Thanks for that - my problem is that I can't pair at all!

I'll keep trying
Old 06-12-2007, 12:04 PM
ice
Members

Hello

I can pair my N95 with the car's bluetooth device and everythings works fine except the address book. I have tried to install the Nokia application and followed your instructions, but it's still not possible to tranfers my contacts to iDrive. There is one thing I don't understand. The car's bluetooth device appears on the N95 as a handsfree device. How is it possible to transfer the address book to a handsfree device? Does iDrive store the address book in it's memory?

I hope you can make a step-by-step guide for me. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Members

All you guys managing to pair - what CIP version are you on????

Quick Reply: Nokia N95