Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia N72

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

hi,
I just got the Nokia N72 yesterday and I have the same issues that users of N70 experiences. it can connect bt cannot accept or make calls. What the hell is wrong? Is it the phone's fault or will an update of the car's software solve the problem. I had a Motorola Razr beforehand and it worked perfectly and this phone is starting to get me frustrated. Anyone know any solution?

PS: I swear if it doesnt work within a week Im gonna sell the phone for 400.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='312011' date='Jul 17 2006, 07:45 PM
hi,
I just got the Nokia N72 yesterday and I have the same issues that users of N70 experiences. it can connect bt cannot accept or make calls. What the hell is wrong? Is it the phone's fault or will an update of the car's software solve the problem. I had a Motorola Razr beforehand and it worked perfectly and this phone is starting to get me frustrated. Anyone know any solution?

PS: I swear if it doesnt work within a week Im gonna sell the phone for 400.
Jeffs, the fault lies in the fact that if the phone has Symbian or Windows OS, it can't work . There are some threads that claimed that Windows Mobile 5.0 did hold some hope but I have not tried one myself.

I am afraid that $400 is better than the frustration you would get
Old 07-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Thanks,
I went to a phone store that allows me to test phones on my car's bluetooth before buying it. I realize that all the nokia models I tested do not work and all the motorola models I tested do work with my Cingular chip. Just bought the Motorola V3i (what a downgrade) and am trying to sell the Nokia N72 on ebay....sigh
Old 07-26-2006, 03:43 AM
Senior Members

Jeffs,

It's nice to have a phone store that allows you to test the sets before you make a decision. Yes, I agree that taking out the N72 and picking a V3i is definitely a pain, especially when the V3i is known to have rather short battery life. The only consolation is that the V3i has a cradle whereas N72 doesn't. Come to think of it, Nokia 6230 is reported to be compatible and it has a cradle too.

I have tried pairing Motorola's 3G V3x and it worked alright and if you like the V3i clampshell, the V3x is a better alternative.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Yep, it sucks that I have to trade my nice N72 which is only 3 days old for a crappy V3i which I do not like. Reason I do not get the v3x is because there is no 3G service in the US (havent heard much bout it here) and I do not use the functions such as the better camera and stuff that makes the V3x better than the V3i. Anyways, finally I get the bluetooth working.

By the way, if any of our American friends want to buy a phone that would surely work with the bluetooth system in our cars, we should check the bmwusa.com section on compatible phones that have been tested to work with BMW's.

http://www.bmwusa.com/owners/bluetooth/phones

Olivin, look at the phones available, don't you think its pathetic. Phone technology is slower in the US than onther countries. You cannot buy an N72 in the US. If my mom hadn't bought me the phone and bring it with her when she visited me, I probably would not even know about the phone :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 07-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

Jeffs,

I recently gotr myself the Sony Ericsson K800i and I like it alot - it comes with a 3.2 Mpixel camera with 64MB on the phone and a new M2 memory stick expansion to 1GB. Best of all, it worked with the BMW b/t You may want to check this candy bar soon
Old 07-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='315710' date='Jul 27 2006, 09:21 AM
Jeffs,

I recently gotr myself the Sony Ericsson K800i and I like it alot - it comes with a 3.2 Mpixel camera with 64MB on the phone and a new M2 memory stick expansion to 1GB. Best of all, it worked with the BMW b/t You may want to check this candy bar soon
Damn you Olivin :thumbsdown: . You can only make me drool while I am stuck helpless here without one. It takes more than a year before such technology arrives here. The phone has a 3.2 megapixel cam??? DAMN....thats the first time I heard of it....bet its a neat phone....and it works with bluetooth too??? wow....
Olivin one question....I am used to Nokia phones (everyone in Singapore is used to Nokias u know) , are the functions easy to use?? Is the dictionary function for the SMS reliable and good? You really know how to make me jealous don't you
Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

:thumbsdown: Sigh....I just checked on ebay about phone specs.....no quad band. US is such a huge country adn many places have lousy reception so quad band is a must....hope the newer models have quad band....i absolutely hate my razr with the crappy battery life. I have to actually take it out of my pocket and use the car charger everytime I step into the car or battery dies out within an hour....maybe closer to 2....damn

PS: I miss the food....Newton Circus anyone??>
Old 07-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

Jeffs

One can taste your bitterness, you sourgrapes :'(

The phone does come with GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900 and UMTS and yes, if you don't mind more drooling, it does come real neat with the BMW b/t.

Can't agree with you more that locally, the pple seemed to be more accustomed to Nokia but their phones are getting from bad to worse - quality is crappy and I haven't used one for quite a while :thumbsdown:

Takes a while for one to get used to SE's keypad logic but once you're familiar, you won't look back. Battery life seemed good too and the new rapid charger does its work swiftly. Car chargers are widely available and so are Java games.

If you have more saliva to wet your nape, I shall continue further.....
Old 07-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

Haha....
well....I bet it is a nice phone....saw it on ebay they are selling it for $400-500 USD. However, since they do not have quad band....I can never get it here cause reception is the most important factor of any cell phone....therefore...too bad. :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Nokia N72