Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

New type Nokia wont sync.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d MSport, Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Xenons.

Hi all, I just collected my 525d, 05 year with Bluetooth. I had already read all the comments hear about phone connection problems and am having the same with my Nokia N73. As a matter of interest, I had a Parrot after market Bluetooth in my E46 and that didnt sync with the N73 either :thumbsdown:

I'm sure I read here somewhere about transfering the "phone book" to the cars memory but i cant sem to do it, or at least I cant figure out how to do it

I know you guys must get fed up wuth the same old questions but it serves you all right for having such a good forum

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Senior Members

You will need a compatible mobile phone. Then everything will work fine.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 525Phil' post='426267' date='May 19 2007, 08:04 PM
Hi all, I just collected my 525d, 05 year with Bluetooth. I had already read all the comments hear about phone connection problems and am having the same with my Nokia N73. As a matter of interest, I had a Parrot after market Bluetooth in my E46 and that didnt sync with the N73 either :thumbsdown:

I'm sure I read here somewhere about transfering the "phone book" to the cars memory but i cant sem to do it, or at least I cant figure out how to do it

I know you guys must get fed up wuth the same old questions but it serves you all right for having such a good forum

Thanks.
as far as the phonebook transfer goes , give the following a try , its a long shot but you never get anywhere without trying stuff.

In order for this to work you need to install the nokia download application into the phone as its more than likely running symbian. you can get this from here http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 Worth a try , follow the instructions on there too. Here are some instructions from parrot too http://www.parrot.biz/usa/support/onlinehe...401&etape=3

Its at least worth a punt to see if it works , i tried it on my parrot 3200ls and a nokia 9300 and it worked a treat , so give it a bash and see how you go.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 525Phil' post='426267' date='May 19 2007, 02:04 PM

Thanks.
Hi, same prob here N73 with a 2007 530, the car recognises the phone and visa versa, but nothing works regrds to phone book/or speakers etc - did you have any luck??
Old 06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 525Phil' post='426267' date='May 19 2007, 02:04 PM

Thanks.
Hi, I have been able to install push s/ware from Nokia which allows the call book to be transferred from my N95. Link is http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 which allows you to download the sisx file.

You need to start the application that is downloaded, having unpaired and then re-paired your phone to your BMW beforehand. The software application should then start up and you then go into your address book and mark the numbers you want to upload. You can then send these as a business card. I didn't manage to get all the numbers to load up - it looks like I hit a load timeout or a file space problem. However, the majority did load up and I can scroll through contacts, make calls etc

It took a few attempts to crack this one, but persevere - it DOES work for the N95. And lets face it - what's the point of spending your hard earned on bluetooth telematics if you then have to buy additional kit? I'm going to try and figure out why all the numbers didn't load - more (hopefully) to follow...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d

I managed syncronize contacts one by one from Nokia 9300 Communicator to iDrive. I also tried Nokia Contact sync program mentioned above, but I did something wrong and nothing happened. Anyway, Now I have my key contacts available in iDrive.

Procedure:
1. Search contact in 9300
2. Select Menu-> Send ->Bluetooth
3. Repeat....
4. Restart car and then contacts are visible in iDrive

I have MY2006 550 with Bluetooth module and PROGMAN 27, but I guess that it works same way with older PROGMAN Versions and also other Symbian based Nokia phones like N70, N73, E50, E61 etc.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vesil' post='520688' date='Jan 21 2008, 04:46 PM
I managed syncronize contacts one by one from Nokia 9300 Communicator to iDrive. I also tried Nokia Contact sync program mentioned above, but I did something wrong and nothing happened. Anyway, Now I have my key contacts available in iDrive.

Procedure:
1. Search contact in 9300
2. Select Menu-> Send ->Bluetooth
3. Repeat....
4. Restart car and then contacts are visible in iDrive

I have MY2006 550 with Bluetooth module and PROGMAN 27, but I guess that it works same way with older PROGMAN Versions and also other Symbian based Nokia phones like N70, N73, E50, E61 etc.
Hey,

You did it one by one ?
Is there a limit how many numbers can be in iDrive?
I tried it as:
Contacts
Mark all
Send via BT
.. no success..

Also I installed that sisx from nokia sites, but without success to see contacts in iDrive.

I have problem to see contacts in 525D /2004 and E61i. I can make calls and receive them via iDrive BT connection but I cannot search any data from phonebook or iDrive does not recognice number/name conversion.

Pasi
Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d

Originally Posted by Forre' post='584346' date='May 20 2008, 04:42 PM
Hey,

You did it one by one ?
Is there a limit how many numbers can be in iDrive?
I tried it as:
Contacts
Mark all
Send via BT
.. no success..

Also I installed that sisx from nokia sites, but without success to see contacts in iDrive.

I have problem to see contacts in 525D /2004 and E61i. I can make calls and receive them via iDrive BT connection but I cannot search any data from phonebook or iDrive does not recognice number/name conversion.

Pasi

Hi Pasi,

Sorry for late answer - I haven't been reading forum for a while.

Yes, I send them one-by-one, because I have couple hundred contacts,but I needed only about 20 to use in car. I do not know if there is limit to send them all. I will receive new phone really soon and The new phone will be from Nokia E-series, so my experimental testing will continue soon.

To-be-continued...
Old 06-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 520dA Alpine White

Originally Posted by vesil' post='593483' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:11 PM
Yes, I send them one-by-one, because I have couple hundred contacts,but I needed only about 20 to use in car. I do not know if there is limit to send them all. I will receive new phone really soon and The new phone will be from Nokia E-series, so my experimental testing will continue soon.

To-be-continued...
Moi Vesil.
I didn't know contacts can be saved in i-drive, one by one. i'm not sure if it's any use for me anyhow, as my old 9300i syncs allright. I got some 300 contacts and it only takes a moment to sync everytime I start the car. Well sometimes it doesn't until I turn phone's bluetooth off and on again.
According to BMW, Nokia has got only one model (cant recall it now) which should perfectly sync. This is something they don't tell you, as BMW's marketing of BT is more or less misleading .
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Tommi' post='593846' date='Jun 2 2008, 11:19 PM
Moi Vesil.
Moi Tommi ja Vesil,

I have to try it one by one.

-F?rre-

Quick Reply: New type Nokia wont sync.