Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

New Cell Phone

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok new question here same topic,

I have a T637 and it pairs and works flawless with the BT in my 2005 X5, but I have been toying with the notion of getting a V3, so my question is this.

With my T637 to pair the phone all I had to do was do a search for BT devices from my phone and when the phone found the bmw I just entered the passkey provided in my papers from BMW, thats it book transfered, caller ID works and everything.

Now the main question: Does the V3 function the same? Or do I need to pair from the car? In all the documentation I have found, I can not for the life of me figure out how to get my X5 (non navi) to get into a pairing mode, its almost as if the only possible way to do this would be to let the phone find the car to make the initial link between the two.

So does the V3 pair as I explained the T637 did? I know the v710 does like the T637 but ofcourse the v710 had a zillion issues I was forced to leave to cingulart if I wanted BT in my car instead of having to hack a mediocre phone (the v710) which I feel is over prices.

Verzion wants 299.99 for the v710 and at amazon.com you could get a v3 for 250.00 which is a much better phone with a phenominal camera..

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide

Cheers!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

One piece of advice: do NOT buy through wirefly.com
They are criminals!
Me and two of my frieds has enormous problems with orders sent to the wrong address, mail-in rebates missing etc.

Jochen
Old 01-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SFLA99' date='Jan 25 2005, 07:14 PM
Ok new question here same topic,

I have a T637 and it pairs and works flawless with the BT in my 2005 X5, but I have been toying with the notion of getting a V3, so my question is this.
[snapback]82977[/snapback]
Hey, I didn't realize that you subscribed to this forum. Btw, did you get the 6230 to pair?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I have the V3.

To pair the V3 you must goto the Bluetooth pairing screen on iDrive. Then you search for the BMW with the phone. You enter a passcode on the phone, and then you must wait for the car to ask you for the passcode. Enter the passcode into the iDrive, and you're done.

Phone book syncs automatically. All functions work, except for SMS.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Members

Delta: Nope never figured out how to do this since my X5 doesnt have iDrive as in no navi screen, my x5 has the standard premium package with the upgraded buisiness BMW stereo only.

subterFUSE: As explained above, no iDrive so this is where I am totally lost and cant get any help yet.

The question I have is, how the heck do I get my stereo to show the pairing screen, it seems that on the 2005 X5s their is no pairing button in the center console as the older documentaion found on this forum describes and every time I call BMW I get some one who has no clue about BMW and is clearly reading off a sheet of paper, so now what do I do lol.

The T637 was so simple, I just had it search for devices and then 10 seconds later it showed the X5 in the found new devices list where I promtly then just added my passkey that was supplied and that was it. about 10 minutes later my phone book was there and everything was good to go.

Last person I spoke to at BMW was a woman who told me I would need to take the car to their service department where they would need to use a special tool supposidly to pair the phone with the car, but that sounds like comllete rubbish to me, I have a feeling she just had no clue since when I asked her how to get to the pairing screen she didnt even understand what I had meant and kept putting me on hold over and over heh.

So any one have any idea how to do this with the standard upgraded computer buisiness stereo (premium package non navigation)?

Cheers!