Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Need help on phone

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the eject box installed, but very dissapointed that I can not dial from I-Drive or Voice Command. Screen immediatly shows "ENDED" after dialing. Can only dial from key-pad of phone itself while in eject box..Can receive calls OK but can't dial from phone book either. Phone Book trasfered OK.
Nothing to do with phone. I have a V60s, but dealer tried with a CPT9000 BMW phone and gets same problem.
A Service Measure was issued in early May that some E60 cars do not allow dialing from car with either phone due to faulty Telematics Control Unit (TCU) softwear.. They say do not replace any parts, but to wait for a softwear update as the solution.
Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so any solutions possible? Could be a while before softwear fix is made available.Not very safe dialing from phone keypad while driving.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Do you have any idea what version of software you have now?
Old 08-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Members

Rudy,
I was told I have Version 12 softwear.
The good news is, contrary to what BMW advised, I can now dial from the car including the phone book and Voice activation. Read a post somewhere, that if the phone is off when dropping it into the cradle, and the motor is off, that will activate dialing from the car when starting up. That did it.
Only thing I can't figure out now is how to retreive voice mail via I-Drive.See nothing in communication menu.
Almost impossible to see phone in eject box the way it is positioned in car, so I -Drive a must.
Otherwise the non-BMW v60s phone gets it done.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

netjazz, glad to see you got the voice part working.

As far as retrieving voicemail, there is still a bug in the software as it pertains to an inserted "pause" in the dialing string. If you program the voicemail retrieval number into the phone and insert a pause to wait a few seconds before dialing a '#' or maybe your password, it works just fine if you dial from the phone.

If you pull that phonebook entry up in iDrive, you see the pause displayed properly before dialing it but as soon as you select "call" from iDrive, the display shows a '7' instead of the pause character. As you might guess, the pause never happens so the digits stream out before the voicemail system can even answer.

Until this is fixed, I just have the voicemail retrieval number stored and I manually insert the proper digits once I'm prompted to. It's a bit of a pain to spin the iDrive knob left and right to grab the numbers quickly but at least it gets the job done.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Members

Can't dial from car again, only from phone keypad. Worked yesterday, but not today.
Guess BMW was correct in that I will need softwear update when and if available in future. Makes using phone very difficlt and very distracting while driving.
Open to anyone that knows anyway around this.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 4 2004, 09:38 PM
As far as retrieving voicemail, there is still a bug in the software as it pertains to an inserted "pause" in the dialing string.
I hope that the next software update addresses this issue and the lack of call waiting issue. Otherwise my CPT9000 has satisfied my needs. Voice recognition is truly remarkable.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I forgot about the call waiting issue. Fixing that would be nice!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 4 2004, 10:38 PM
netjazz, glad to see you got the voice part working.

As far as retrieving voicemail, there is still a bug in the software as it pertains to an inserted "pause" in the dialing string.? If you program the voicemail retrieval number into the phone and insert a pause to wait a few seconds before dialing a '#' or maybe your password, it works just fine if you dial from the phone.

If you pull that phonebook entry up in iDrive, you see the pause displayed properly before dialing it but as soon as you select "call" from iDrive, the display shows a '7' instead of the pause character.? As you might guess, the pause never happens so the digits stream out before the voicemail system can even answer.

Until this is fixed, I just have the voicemail retrieval number stored and I manually insert the proper digits once I'm prompted to.? It's a bit of a pain to spin the iDrive knob left and right to grab the numbers quickly but at least it gets the job done.
[snapback]21206[/snapback]
Hey Rudy, do you know if there has been any fix to the pauses in a voicemail number. I tried this today with my V60s and exactly what you stated happened. It works fine from my phone, just not thru the car.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

I have no idea. It's clearly not fixed in version 12.2 (my current version) so I guess we'll have to find someone here that has 13.x and the phone installed to find out...