Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Need help pairing bluetooth device

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 01:07 PM
sav
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate any help you can give me. I just got the bluetooth retrofit and tried to pair my Sprint LG PM-325 phone. I got the car to recognize the phone. However, after I turned off the car and turned it back on, I went to communications and got a message "please wait". It says on for a minute or so then goes back to main menu. Buttons on wheel don't work, going back to communications, I see "Please activate phone". Am I doing something wrong? Is it the phone? Or did the dealer not hook something up?

I would appreciate your advise. I will be getting the approved T608 phone in a couple of days and would rather keep the phone I already have.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Umm I'm not sure but for me I have to enable blue tooth each time I get in the car I think its the phone... Its need to somehow be set "ON" all the time or you have to enable it each time. Have you checked that? making sure your phones BT is on?

Not sure if this will help but this is what I used to get BT in the car paired with a Motorola V600
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Blue_Tooth_Pairing.doc (20.5 KB, 152 views)
Old 01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jan 3 2005, 09:25 PM
Umm I'm not sure but for me I have to enable blue tooth each time I get in the car I think its the phone... Its need to somehow be set "ON" all the time or you have to enable it each time. Have you checked that? making sure your phones BT is on?

Not sure if this will help but this is what I used to get BT in the car paired with a Motorola V600
[snapback]75335[/snapback]
Get into your BT options find the device (that starts with BMWNNN) then go the options for that device and set it to automatic. That should make it pair automatically when you turn on the car.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by sav' date='Jan 3 2005, 03:07 PM
I would appreciate any help you can give me. I just got the bluetooth retrofit and tried to pair my Sprint LG PM-325 phone. I got the car to recognize the phone. However, after I turned off the car and turned it back on, I went to communications and got a message "please wait". It says on for a minute or so then goes back to main menu. Buttons on wheel don't work, going back to communications, I see "Please activate phone". Am I doing something wrong? Is it the phone? Or did the dealer not hook something up?

I would appreciate your advise. I will be getting the approved T608 phone in a couple of days and would rather keep the phone I already have.
[snapback]75156[/snapback]
I believe the OBEX profile is not supported on the Sprint phone. Hence it will not work.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:19 AM
sav
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 4 2005, 12:09 AM
[quote name='sav' date='Jan 3 2005, 03:07 PM']I would appreciate any help you can give me. I just got the bluetooth retrofit and tried to pair my Sprint LG PM-325 phone. I got the car to recognize the phone. However, after I turned off the car and turned it back on, I went to communications and got a message "please wait". It says on for a minute or so then goes back to main menu. Buttons on wheel don't work, going back to communications, I see "Please activate phone". Am I doing something wrong? Is it the phone? Or did the dealer not hook something up?

[snapback]75156[/snapback]
I believe the OBEX profile is not supported on the Sprint phone. Hence it will not work.
[snapback]75350[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think OBEX refers to transferring of phonebook, however other functions should work. In another thread, "bluetooth cancelling each other out" a member was able to get the phone to work.